*** Mosconi Cup 2015 Updates Thread ***

cwarwick812

Registered
What an impressive performance by SVB and skyler! More so Skyler that was a great safe burying them behind the 6 ball. Go USA!!!

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wow I'm european but let me tell you I'm impressed with Skyler...plays with no pressure, great attitude, Shane left him quite some challenging shots but Sky never looked nervous, just got down and made every ball...great kid, handles pressure much better than Dechaine or Bergman.

Everybody wants to crown Bergman as Shane's successor ,, I think it's Sky I wanted him on the team last yr

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
What an impressive performance by SVB and skyler! More so Skyler that was a great safe burying them behind the 6 ball. Go USA!!!

absolutely, that safe was brutal and Sky meant every bit of it (both parts).

he really is looking real sharp.

next up Shane v Darren

Last edited:

BRussell

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The US is playing as bad as they did the last two years. Missing on average a ball per rack.

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The US is playing as bad as they did the last two years. Missing on average a ball per rack.

what ?
They already have the 2 points that 2013 team had for whole event and you say they are playing as badly as 2013? ok if they lose 9 more matches in a row then yes they would match 2013 score :D

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
don't know if anyone else saw it but the missed 8 by Shane looked like another skid to me. Not that it would have had him a winner this match but there is something going on with skids, I've seen 3 so far.

Darren played great and he deservedly won the match, ending 5-1 over Shane.

Overall, Europe is up at the end of day 1, 3-2.

It's exciting!

best,
brian kc

SUPERSTAR

I am Keyser Söze
Silver Member
Shane was toast as soon as he made that bank 2-9 combo on the 9 and scratched.
Shame.

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Darren wins 5-1
Awesome display for Europe , he delivers in the big matches

Still good performance by USA in Day 1 staying close to Europe and behind by just 1 point. Their record in singles (2 wins out of 8 matches) last year was worse than doubles. Their poor record in singles continues and they have to improve their singles record to have chance of winning this whole thing

Celtic

AZB's own 8-ball jihadist
Silver Member
Shane was toast as soon as he made that bank 2-9 combo on the 9 and scratched.
Shame.

Shane was toast as soon as it was clear Sky was carrying him through their doubles match.

As great as Shane is he has proven time and time again that he is a terrible team player in these types of events when he needs to count on other people and other people need to count on him.

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Darren wins 5-1
Awesome display for Europe , he delivers in the big matches

Still good performance by USA in Day 1 staying close to Europe and behind by just 1 point. Their record in singles (2 wins out of 8 matches) last year was worse than doubles. Their poor record in singles continues and they have to improve their singles record to have chance of winning this whole thing

Was that the same score after day 1 last year?

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Shane was toast as soon as it was clear Sky was carrying him through their doubles match.

As great as Shane is he has proven time and time again that he is a terrible team player in these types of events when he needs to count on other people and other people need to count on him.

And this is why choosing players by Merritt has no Merrit ,, team pool requires a different mind set than single play does ,,

SUPERSTAR

I am Keyser Söze
Silver Member
One thing is for sure.
Sky is by far the HUNGRIEST guy on the team.
Hunger is oozing out of him, right through the tv and into the room.