How about get yourself a job

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
When I was about 16 years old (60 years ago), my Dad (who had been a road player, took me into NYC to meet some of the top players to see how they lived and were broke more than not. He could see my game was still improving and heard I was thinking of going on the road. I was making more hustling in the 5 town area bars, than on my job. When I saw how most off them lived, stopped practicing. I neve lost my love for playing the game and the action, but I never thought about pool being my job. Johnnyt

JC

Coos Cues
to the op,

perhaps if you learned to articulate yourself a little better you would find more people in agreement as your feeble message attempt has some merit

you're clearly extraordinarily uneducated, I'm thinking grade school drop out or there abouts and failed parents so we'll throw some of the blame at mom and pops as clearly they did not aid you as care givers

you are a simpleton, refrain from having kids if possible
that's all

There's always someone bigger, badder and SMARTER.

So stop being a dickweed, because to many you ain't so mucking fuch yourself.

JC

Fast Lenny

Faster Than You...
Silver Member
A good deal of very talented players started playing before high school and I would say most never completed high school. A poolhall is a different kind of education and some have used that education to do some great things while others are grinding it out. I can't really imagine the feeling of winning some major event as they have. It is probably on the level of the feeling after a birth of a child or something along those lines albeit for a moment.

Ekojasiloop

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No he's not missing anything. Because a man comes on here and speaks the truth there are people here that are offended by what he said. I understood everything he stated in the OP just fine.

Just because Philly is a hard working man that actually works to pay for something that he gets pleasure out of he gets bashed for doing what any responsible man is supposed to do. Some people here have lost their minds.

We aren't in grade school or middle school anymore. Your mom and dad aren't expected to pay for everything for you. If you are a grown man and have dreams of becoming a professional pool player then you need to be able to fund that dream of yours somehow. I would like to play in tournaments all of the time, but I don't because I have a job and responsibilities.

Philly, you know that you have spoken the truth when so many people respond to it in the way that we have seen here. Forget grammar and stick to the real world. There's not a lot of people with common sense left around here anymore. Hopefully it will rub off on some folks.

Damn. I gotta say in all honesty, usually I come in here and people are about as far off with their opinions as can be.

You and the op and perhaps others have stated something pool players need to hear. Then what happens? They ask for your grammar to be better, lol.

Seriously guys, most good players have their head lodged so far up their asses. It's embarrassing. Play some good pool, practice, get better, get even a part time job and gamble with your earnings. Wiser words have never been spoken, both for the player to get better, and for him to actually, I don't know, be an actual man and not hold your hand out begging for money on a daily basis. And all the op gets in responses are "learn to spell" lol. Seriously guys, you're reveling in the misery of pool and deservedly so.

Ak Guy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey Phillyv,

What really amazes me is why any one would worry much about what the pros do or don't do, they are just a small part of the American pool scene. I am sure there are good and bad ones like every profession.

I enjoy watching top tier pool players and I enjoy pool, but I keep it in perspective.
They are adults and free to make their own decisions on their future.

Most of them must take great satisfaction in poking a ball in a hole with a stick. Why else would some one pursue a career with little financial reward and no retirement plan or health insurance?