Pool Ball Collecting.

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Today, I received my set of Cyclop Hyperion Pool Balls. Shout out to Jacky Zhang at China Billiards on a smooth transaction and fast shipping. My set arrived factory sealed with the Cyclop hologram on the box. There have been some reported issues of the octagons not being centered in the circles. To my eye, some in my set are perfectly centered, some a little off and some quite a bit off from center. I have resigned to the fact it is what it is and Cyclop will not be correcting or QC'ing the issue. With what I paid ($220 shipped) and the fact that I like the uniqueness of the set, I am satisfied with the purchase; not ecstatic, satisfied. Each ball weights between 170-171 grams with both cue balls weighing 171 grams. All balls roll true and play as well as any other premium set I own. I'm looking forward to ring game play with the Dragon 10B.

45739805491_0352d92fcf_o.jpg

45689349092_0433ea16d5_o.jpg

Money Balls:

45690460822_0d4e2e84bb_b.jpg

45690460142_2bdcdc1f30_b.jpg

Last edited:

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here we have a set of Vigma Diamonds I recently scored on the secondary market. They are in excellent condition and a set I've had my eye on for a while. Retail cost is around $150 but I was able to score these beauties for less than $60 shipped. All balls weigh between 169-171g with the cue ball weighing in at 171g. I've yet to hit them around but if they play anything like my Vigma Zig Zags, playability will be in line with the other premium sets I own.

46292050222_86cdd80826_b.jpg

45429955435_4daac32acf_b.jpg

Rubik's Cube

Pool Ball Collector
Silver Member
Good evening, Mr R. :)

Many thanks for sharing another set from your ever growing collection of superb billiard balls. My own set of Vigma Diamonds is not, alas, in perfect condition. The balls were advertised on eBay as being pristine and unused, yet when they arrived it was clear that 1 through 9 had seen plenty of action. Such are the pitfalls of online auctions I guess. :(

On a brighter note I recently discovered three fabulous sets of Raschigs in Germany, two of which are truly exceptional in that they're designs I had never even seen before in thirty plus years of collecting (specifically designed for One Pocket and a game called Four Player). I'll try to post up some pictures as soon as possible.

Best wishes,
RC.

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Many thanks for sharing another set from your ever growing collection of superb billiard balls. My own set of Vigma Diamonds is not, alas, in perfect condition. The balls were advertised on eBay as being pristine and unused, yet when they arrived it was clear that 1 through 9 had seen plenty of action. Such are the pitfalls of online auctions I guess. :(

On a brighter note I recently discovered three fabulous sets of Raschigs in Germany, two of which are truly exceptional in that they're designs I had never even seen before in thirty plus years of collecting (specifically designed for One Pocket and a game called Four Player). I'll try to post up some pictures as soon as possible.

Best wishes,
RC.

Thank you, sir. I'm eager to see your recent Raschig discoveries.

Last edited:

Rubik's Cube

Pool Ball Collector
Silver Member
Hello again, everyone. :)

Here are a few images of my incredible latest purchase: Three sets of beautiful Raschig pool balls, two of which I had never seen before.

Apologies for the poor photography, ladies and gentlemen.

Best wishes,
RC.

Attachments

• C1833F12-FD02-4F9F-B61F-D6A64AF62649.jpg
    C1833F12-FD02-4F9F-B61F-D6A64AF62649.jpg
    196.3 KB · Views: 286
  • C8A97B29-A44F-41AB-906A-B172A283FAE5.jpg
    C8A97B29-A44F-41AB-906A-B172A283FAE5.jpg
    199.2 KB · Views: 287
  • 90577996-E9FA-4577-A76A-DFE166949039.jpg
    90577996-E9FA-4577-A76A-DFE166949039.jpg
    198.4 KB · Views: 273

Rubik's Cube

Pool Ball Collector
Silver Member
Oh, damn. :(

Sorry about that! I uploaded the images from my mobile phone and have no idea why they are all lopsided.

K2Kraze

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No fret, dear Rubik’s, for these lopsided Raschig photographs look normal when I lie on the floor and gaze up at these latest mystery marvels you’ve acquired. Where in the world.....?!!

I’m on the floor, BTW, because I damn near passed out just laying eyes on those two, never-before seen (as far as I can gather) sets of colored bumblebees!

I’ll be checking on flights as soon as I’m done typing here so we can get these on your local pub table! I must make sure these aren’t merely manipulated pics with a wizard’s hand in Photoshop. To look at - not play - since your collection of balls and sets never touch cue tips

Ok.

Look like Dallas to Atlanta and then connecting over to Manchester and finally into Exeter, with a quick 59 mile drive to the pub, sir. About 18 hours is all for the adventurous trip. A bargain to see these treasures!

In the meantime, you must share with us all how you came upon this latest find - I’ve got some packing to do quick

Thank for sharing, as always, Rubik’s! We’ll look forward to upright pics soon.

~ K.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Buster8001

Did you say shrubberies?
Silver Member
I want a set of non-numbered Raschig set badly. I keep my eye on eBay, but they're few and far between.

Buster8001

Did you say shrubberies?
Silver Member

Best wishes,
RC.

Hey, RC. Would you by chance be able to help me acquire a non-numbered 9ball set of Rachigs?

Josh

Rubik's Cube

Pool Ball Collector
Silver Member
Good evening, Mr K. :)

You would be more than welcome at our local pub anytime, my dear fellow. I'll have the table brushed, ironed and pool balls polished to perfection for such an esteemed guest.

Like all the other Raschig examples in my treasured collection, I discovered these amazing sets in their original birthplace of Germany. As you can imagine, sir, to say it was quite a eureka moment would be something of an understatement. My photographs surely do such magnificent billiard balls a woeful injustice. I'll endeavour to improve upon them as soon as possible.

Best wishes,
RC.

Rubik's Cube

Pool Ball Collector
Silver Member
Hello, Buster. :)

Yes, of course. I do unearth a few numberless Raschig sets (or R9s as us collectors call them) during my frequent treasure hunts and will certainly keep a look out for you, sir.

Are you seeking an absolutely pristine, unused set in original box for display only?

Best wishes,
RC.

Rubik's Cube

Pool Ball Collector
Silver Member
Hello, Pocket. :)

Oh, how I would wish to display my treasured collection in bespoke mahogany cabinets, softly lighted along the panelled walls of a beautifully appointed billiard room within my Georgian mansion in the country. Perhaps a tasteful portrait or two of players from a bygone era?

The truth is, alas, my tiny apartment is barely large enough to accommodate a coffee table nevermind a pool table, so the balls are confined to an attic trunk until, one box at a time, they are occasionally released whenever I feel the need to bore visiting friends or distant acquaintances who just happen to be passing.

One can always dream.

XPLSV

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hello again, everyone. :)

Here are a few images of my incredible latest purchase: Three sets of beautiful Raschig pool balls, two of which I had never seen before.

Apologies for the poor photography, ladies and gentlemen.

Best wishes,
RC.

Wow...just wow.

Rubik's Cube

Pool Ball Collector
Silver Member
Hello, Bernie. :)

Your amazing gesture with those fabulous Joe Camels earlier this year (post 785) really spurred me on to search for more rare, beautiful and historically important pool ball sets.

Thank you again, dear chap.