Valley bar table oddity

alphadog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So lately the new flattop Valleys are returning object balls to the cueball cubby. Weird thing is almost always are striped balls? Any similar experiances? What gives?

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
So lately the new flattop Valleys are returning object balls to the cueball cubby. Weird thing is almost always are striped balls? Any similar experiances? What gives?
Probably a too-sensitive optical sensor set to detect the color white (cue ball), picking up on the white on striped balls.

pj
chgo

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member

Attachments

• untitled.png
    untitled.png
    42.8 KB · Views: 361

Bic D

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
At a local bar there are 2 Valleys. One of them collects balls in the cue ball hole while the other doesn't.

Crazy thing is...it doesn't do it all the time.

TheBasics

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Howdy All;

At my local VFW we have a pair of early 1980's era Valleys. On one the
catch trough is broken so there is an "Honor Drop" for the quarters. The other has the
flat side rails with large trough (Foot of table), for when it's free (2 days a week), and
another trough at the other (head), of the table. This one has flatter surfaces around the
top so I guess it could be called a "Flat Top" (?), and occasionally 1 or 2 object balls end
up at the foot end's trough. Could just be a 'tweek' needed in the mechanism ...
That's my best guess , an I'm a stickin' to it.

hank

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
An out-of-adjustment size sensor on a mostly 9-ball table where the stripes are less worn.

pj <- spitballin'
chgo

alphadog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Balls are all the same cheap set. Played more on the 1 table and it seems the 5 ball will occasionally come down with the stripes.
Has to be a size problem.