Reload this Page Break cloth patch
Page 1 of 5 1 23 Last »

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Break cloth patch
Old
  (#1)
strmanglr scott
AzB Silver Member
strmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

Break cloth patch - 10-19-2019, 03:46 PM

Pretty simple, if you own a table do you have separate small patch of cloth you put the CB on when you break?

Finally about to get the table recovered and it crossed my mind. It's gonna get marks anyway. But I do break from the same spot most of the time.

The rail is your best friend.

Old
  (#2)
pt109
WO double hemlock

pt109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond repute

10-19-2019, 03:54 PM

Have you thought about not breaking on your home table?
Play straight pool, do drills, do the one pocket prop bet.

The grand touring rooms, back in the day, would not allow rotation games or eight ball
on their main tables...straight pool and one pocket were welcome.

Lionize your game.
http://www.alexpagulayan.com/

MAGIC CHALK call Marco Polo 647-287-8131

If pool players had to have knowledge of geometry and physics before talking about geometry and physics, all of the aiming threads would disappear.

Bob Jewett
SF Billiard Academy

Old
  (#3)
DecentShot
AzB Silver Member
DecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond repute

10-19-2019, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by strmanglr scott View Post
Pretty simple, if you own a table do you have separate small patch of cloth you put the CB on when you break?

Finally about to get the table recovered and it crossed my mind. It's gonna get marks anyway. But I do break from the same spot most of the time.
Yes, every time. Your mechanic can hand you a sashimi of cloth and you can make a bunch of them. The only thing is doesn't protect against is the burn lines from your cue follow through. You can prevent that by hitting the break shot as just a really hard shot with center ball (you get the most energy transfer that way too.)

Break cloth patch
Old
  (#4)
KMRUNOUT
AzB Silver Member
KMRUNOUT has a reputation beyond reputeKMRUNOUT has a reputation beyond reputeKMRUNOUT has a reputation beyond reputeKMRUNOUT has a reputation beyond reputeKMRUNOUT has a reputation beyond reputeKMRUNOUT has a reputation beyond reputeKMRUNOUT has a reputation beyond reputeKMRUNOUT has a reputation beyond reputeKMRUNOUT has a reputation beyond reputeKMRUNOUT has a reputation beyond reputeKMRUNOUT has a reputation beyond repute

Break cloth patch - 10-19-2019, 04:15 PM

Quote:

I think the break pad is the dumbest thing ever. Letís guarantee a screwed up feel on the break to protect the table from looking like a pool table. If you insist on this unecessary thing, just use a piece of paper or the Outsville one. Ruins the break less.

The break pad is a huge pet peeve of mine. Never once seen someone advocate for it that had a good break.

KMRUNOUT

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

Old
  (#5)
DecentShot
AzB Silver Member
DecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond repute

10-19-2019, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMRUNOUT View Post
I think the break pad is the dumbest thing ever. Let’s guarantee a screwed up feel on the break to protect the table from looking like a pool table. If you insist on this unecessary thing, just use a piece of paper or the Outsville one. Ruins the break less.

The break pad is a huge pet peeve of mine. Never once seen someone advocate for it that had a good break.

KMRUNOUT

Break pad? Like there's an actual product that is too thick? I don't even use my outsville ones, just a 2" square piece of Simonis.

Old
  (#6)
Patrick Johnson
Fish of the Day
Patrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

10-19-2019, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMRUNOUT View Post
I think the break pad is the dumbest thing ever. Letís guarantee a screwed up feel on the break to protect the table from looking like a pool table. If you insist on this unecessary thing, just use a piece of paper or the Outsville one. Ruins the break less.

KMRUNOUT

I wonder if it makes the CB jump more or less.

pj
chgo

Old
  (#7)
DecentShot
AzB Silver Member

10-19-2019, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Johnson View Post

pj
chgo
A future Dr. Dave experiment? If it hasn't already been done.

Old
  (#8)
Black-Balled
He Rides the Skies
Black-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1200
  Send a message via AIM to Black-Balled  
10-19-2019, 04:43 PM

I also hate the way they feel, but if I ever get my table recovered, probably going to utilize one.

Old
  (#9)
buckshotshoey
AzB Silver Member
buckshotshoey has a reputation beyond reputebuckshotshoey has a reputation beyond reputebuckshotshoey has a reputation beyond reputebuckshotshoey has a reputation beyond reputebuckshotshoey has a reputation beyond reputebuckshotshoey has a reputation beyond reputebuckshotshoey has a reputation beyond reputebuckshotshoey has a reputation beyond reputebuckshotshoey has a reputation beyond reputebuckshotshoey has a reputation beyond reputebuckshotshoey has a reputation beyond repute

10-19-2019, 04:58 PM

I usually dont bother with one on my home table. I play enough to recover every 3 or 4 years anyway. I use Mercury Ultra....only 100 bucks. 25 bucks a year is minimal cost in my book

It will prevent ball Mark's on the spot you are breaking from. But every time you break, the cue ball WILL leave the table. There is no way to hold the cue butt low enough to prevent it. The cue ball will again contact the cloth in front of the rack, leaving a burn mark.

Here's how I keep them to a minimum. Every few weeks, I change break ends. This is easy on a drop pocket. Kind of a pain in the ass for a ball return table. But it works.

Changing break ends, and with regular vacuuming, the break spots fade over time. So do the track marks from the back of the rack corner balls to the rear cushion. You can practically double your cloth life. Should do the same for the cushions.

Playing cue...OB17EMW OB1+ shaft.Everest tip
Playing cue...Predator Icon 1-1 ... 314-2 shaft
Morri hard tip
Playing cue...Viking Millennium (VM25)
Everest tip
Jump/break...Players S-PJB5

"Second place is just another way of saying FIRST PLACE LOSER"

Last edited by buckshotshoey; 10-19-2019 at 05:02 PM.

Old
  (#10)
Patrick Johnson
Fish of the Day
Patrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

10-19-2019, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black-Balled View Post
I also hate the way they feel, but if I ever get my table recovered, probably going to utilize one.
I've been to pool halls that required you to use break cloths on certain tables. Chris's here in Chicago has a couple of one-pocket-only tables - some good games on 'em most days.

pj
chgo

Old
  (#11)
trentfromtoledo
8onthebreaktoledo

trentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond repute

10-19-2019, 05:12 PM

Quote:
I've been to pool halls that required you to use break cloths on certain tables. Chris's here in Chicago has a couple of one-pocket-only tables - some good games on 'em most days.

pj
chgo
Break cloths are a pain, but, to each their own.
Pat,
We enjoyed Chris's from 9 til CLOSE Wednesday night! Was awesome, wish you could have stopped by.

Trent from Toledo

Old
  (#12)
9andout
Gunnin' for a 2 pack!!
9andout has a reputation beyond repute9andout has a reputation beyond repute9andout has a reputation beyond repute9andout has a reputation beyond repute9andout has a reputation beyond repute9andout has a reputation beyond repute9andout has a reputation beyond repute9andout has a reputation beyond repute9andout has a reputation beyond repute9andout has a reputation beyond repute9andout has a reputation beyond repute

10-19-2019, 05:19 PM

Quote:

Absolutely!
It has saved my table.
Especially since I sometimes play while enjoying a "few" beverages!!Haha

In training for the "Senior Division" By then I might actually be decent! Still love Earl!!
Lover of shot clocks!

Old
  (#13)
Lawnboy77
AzB Silver Member
Lawnboy77 has a reputation beyond reputeLawnboy77 has a reputation beyond reputeLawnboy77 has a reputation beyond reputeLawnboy77 has a reputation beyond reputeLawnboy77 has a reputation beyond reputeLawnboy77 has a reputation beyond reputeLawnboy77 has a reputation beyond reputeLawnboy77 has a reputation beyond reputeLawnboy77 has a reputation beyond reputeLawnboy77 has a reputation beyond reputeLawnboy77 has a reputation beyond repute

10-19-2019, 05:35 PM

Nah, never have used one, and honestly don't see a need for one.

Old
  (#14)
DecentShot
AzB Silver Member

10-19-2019, 05:42 PM

Quote:

pj
chgo
It was a Hard Times thing, thats why I'm used to it.

Old
  (#15)
KMRUNOUT
AzB Silver Member
KMRUNOUT has a reputation beyond reputeKMRUNOUT has a reputation beyond reputeKMRUNOUT has a reputation beyond reputeKMRUNOUT has a reputation beyond reputeKMRUNOUT has a reputation beyond reputeKMRUNOUT has a reputation beyond reputeKMRUNOUT has a reputation beyond reputeKMRUNOUT has a reputation beyond reputeKMRUNOUT has a reputation beyond reputeKMRUNOUT has a reputation beyond reputeKMRUNOUT has a reputation beyond repute

10-19-2019, 08:58 PM

Quote:

pj

chgo

Substantially more. Like breaking off a mattress. On a bar table playing 8 ball, I like to break hard. Well goodbye cue ball if you use a pad.

KMRUNOUT

Page 1 of 5 1 23 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: