Best all around tip maintenance tool...

BigAlbert333

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Can anyone recommend or suggest the BEST all around tip tool on the market!

There are so many just curious what's out there. Please provide info on where to purchase it too.

Thanks!

BlindWizard

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I like sandpaper, a tip tapper and porper's little barrel shaped, two sided tapper-shaper with machined surfaces.

dr9ball

"Lock Doctor"
Silver Member

There are so many just curious what's out there. Please provide info on where to purchase it too.

Thanks!

60 grit sandpaper for tips 2000 grit for shafts. and a piece of leather.

McChen

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
best 2 IMO are the kamui gator grip and the cuetec bowtie. with these two, you can handle pretty much any kind of tip and procedure.

joelpope

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Clearly I am prejudiced...

check out the Last 4 Ever tip tool at

last4ever.net

there are also reviews in the cue accessory forum

Joel

TheThaiger

Banned
Does anyone know of a tool that takes all the glue and old tip off, and give a perfectly level ferrule? I retip house cues, and all the ferrules are wonky - is there a way of getting them flat CHEAPLY.

berko

Aggressively passive
Silver Member
Last4ever tool. I dont about the 4ever part, but it works great in the here and now.

Fenwick

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Looks pretty indestructable to me.

It is. When I clamp it on I protect the shaft with thin card board. If you clamp it too tight you can put a ding in the shaft.

For tip maintenance I still prefer the Ultimate Cue Tip tool and use a tip pick.

When I need a tip replaced on my Z-2 I take my shafts to Schon now.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member

Thanks!

I like Four Tool do each job well.

Nickle or Dime SHAPED WILLARD

Tip Tapper

Porper Mushroom/Tip Burnishing Tool

220 & 600 Grit Sandpaper

A New US Currency Bill will Burnish your Shaft, and most people can afford to carry a NEW DOLLAR BILL...LOL

sfleinen

14.1 & One Pocket Addict
Gold Member
Silver Member
CueShark

I agree, Mike. I've had a CueShark for a few years now, and I've pretty much emptied out my case of all the other [now unused] tools, save for a tip tapper (the original, from the now-defunct http://tiptapper.net/ ).

Also, on the past couple of live streams, I notice that a few pros have been visibly using the CueShark, not the least of which is Dennis Hatch.

-Sean

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Does anyone know of a tool that takes all the glue and old tip off, and give a perfectly level ferrule? I retip house cues, and all the ferrules are wonky - is there a way of getting them flat CHEAPLY.

I do. I know the perfect tool. it's cheap and works dead perfect every time.

let's see if someone else can tell you what it is before I do. since you're always so nice I will let you search around for the answer.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
I do. I know the perfect tool. it's cheap and works dead perfect every time.

let's see if someone else can tell you what it is before I do. since you're always so nice I will let you search around for the answer.

Honestly the Tip Tool I use most is 220 Sand Paper just to scuff up Tip Edges that become Chalk to the point it is smooth to the point it don't grip or hold chalk. The is the 220 Sandpaper is kept my Coin Pouch. It don't get used too often.

In my opinion, some people spend way too much time over sanding, fussing, shaping, scuffing, and poking a TIP to the point they destroy perfectly good TIPS. But you local yokel Cue Tip Repairman will love you as your antics are good for tip replacement business.

BTW you Play Style be it Center Ball hitting, or Spinning the Cue Ball will also give your Cue Tip, or influence your Cue Tips shape.

IMHO a lot of Multi Purpose Cue Tip Tool are like some FISHING LURES, they catch more Fisherman than Fish.

How man Fisherman did this 10 Function Tip Tool Catch?

Atrox.jpg
:):):):)

Last edited: