Justin Bergman said he'll play anyone for $10K min.

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bergman vs DD first round Tuesday at the WPA Players Championship event.

Race to 7. Single Elim

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bergman vs DD first round Tuesday at the WPA Players Championship event.

Race to 7. Single Elim
Justin not even in Vegas now lol

Somebody has something screwed up here, he said he never entered that event, never paid a entry fee and never planned on playing :eek:

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Seems like a screw up by organizers..

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190416-183911_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20190416-183911_Facebook.jpg
    190.9 KB · Views: 716

Ms.Eightball

Registered
Good on J.B. for throwing up some real action - tough to find. His game, his rules, take it or leave it.

Alex is imo the best all around player in the world, but only if he wants it.

Shaw already backed out once - and SVB wants the 9 on the spot.

Roy's Basement has a stable that can challenge and it'll be great for all.

Good luck to JB & SVB - didn't see the challenge accepted for Aug.

Last edited:

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Simple rules. Not sure if it's a certain table or not, but I imagine it is. Shaw wants to play in Connecticut, 5 sets, 9b on the spot, standard pockets. Shane said only if its 9 on the spot to make it more difficult.

One would think that for a player to issue this kind of challenge to the players of the world....that he could at least make it to the final 16 in the US Open 9ball event, wouldn't you think?

poolnut7879

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
One would think that for a player to issue this kind of challenge to the players of the world....that he could at least make it to the final 16 in the US Open 9ball event, wouldn't you think?

Who cares how far he makes it in the tournament. Hell I couldn't even win one match but if I wanna tell everyone that I'll play for 10k and post I believe that's the only prerequisite needed.

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bergman shot down Kevin Cheng at Derby for the cash and Kevin just won The WPA event last week that had stellar field.

Money matches and tournaments very different.

That's why it's called gambling lol

No show money has been posted, SVB vs Berg is 100% on guys :)

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bergman shot down Kevin Cheng at Derby for the cash and Kevin just won The WPA event last week that had stellar field.

No show money has been posted SVB vs Berg is 100% on guys :)

SVB isn't ducking that's for sure. People going to learn why he's the boss.

What are the details of the match? Length of the race or number of sets?

Last edited:

realkingcobra

Silver Member

Well it certainly isn't the gamblers taking down the biggest tournaments now is it.

realkingcobra

Silver Member

It's called the US Open 9ball event....only, there's just one American in the final 16....why? Because SVB is the only American pro we can produce at that level of play. Personally I think its sickening to see how far down the ladder American pool players have fallen. Not only can't we compete OUT of our country, NOW we can only hope ONE real American Pro can still represent AMERICA in this sport against the rest of the world, because SVB sure isn't getting any help from any OTHER players in this country!!!!

Last edited:

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well it certainly isn't the gamblers taking down the biggest tournaments now is it.

This thread was not started about tournament events it was about a gambling match.

If you don't like gambling matches that's fine don't watch.

Plenty of interest in seeing the two top Americans battle it out over four days in a big money match imo.

I personally think these type of matches helps the top players and it would nice if the best Americans played each other more.

The top Filipino players match up all the time that helps them stay on top of their game.

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Maybe Bergman was sandbagging at the US Open so now players are lining up to gamble him.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
This thread was not started about tournament events it was about a gambling match.

If you don't like gambling matches that's fine don't watch.

Plenty of interest in seeing the two top Americans battle it out over four days in a big money match imo.

I personally think these type of matches helps the top players and it would nice if the best Americans played each other more.

The top Filipino players match up all the time that helps them stay on top of their game.

Maybe the reality is SVB is the only American Pro player that stands a chance in the US Open anymore!

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member

JB had a horrible showing in the Open. I wouldnt count him out though, hard to bet against him in a gambling match! Oops, I mean, yeah he sucks.
Jason

realkingcobra

Silver Member
JB had a horrible showing in the Open. I wouldnt count him out though, hard to bet against him in a gambling match! Oops, I mean, yeah he sucks.
Jason

You know, everyone's always saying "the cream of the crop always rises to the top"! Its pretty clear there's NO cream in the players of America, and ONE player don't.make a crop!! If a player is that GOOD, then the player don't need to set requirements up front while boasting taking on ANYONE! That's like saying I'll play anyone even up 10b, race to 7, even up....but if I lose, they have to arm wrestle me so I have a chance to get my money back!!!!!

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
Maybe the reality is SVB is the only American Pro player that stands a chance in the US Open anymore!

I wont argue that, I will say that I'm proud of Tyler, Billy, Corey, Hatch, Wilke, and a few other Mericans that made it quite a ways in a tourney full of killers.

I will also say that Siming has a bright future as some of us have known for a while, hope she enters many more Male events and cements her place in history as the greatest female player ever, and one of the top 50 players as her rating suggests.

She has everything needed to be a champion and the support of so many.
Jason

realkingcobra

Silver Member
I wont argue that, I will say that I'm proud of Tyler, Billy, Corey, Hatch, Wilke, and a few other Mericans that made it quite a ways in a tourney full of killers.

I will also say that Siming has a bright future as some of us have known for a while, hope she enters many more Male events and cements her place in history as the greatest female player ever, and one of the top 50 players as her rating suggests.

She has everything needed to be a champion and the support of so many.
Jason
There is no way in hell putting in the time gambling, that will make up for 100% training to become the best a player can be!!!

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
You know, everyone's always saying "the cream of the crop always rises to the top"! Its pretty clear there's NO cream in the players of America, and ONE player don't.make a crop!! If a player is that GOOD, then the player don't need to set requirements up front while boasting taking on ANYONE! That's like saying I'll play anyone even up 10b, race to 7, even up....but if I lose, they have to arm wrestle me so I have a chance to get my money back!!!!!

Dont worry Glenn, Berg is the real deal. Dont let his piss poor performance in the open distract you. Every player has shit results now and then.

Is America lagging behind the world? YES! But what I've seen this last week is American players supporting each other, and that is great news for all of us.

Corey sat in his chair and took a horse f@#$*<g like nobody has ever seen and remained upright in his chair like a champion. I hope this is a new era for American pool. Tyler Took his beating the same way, we are making progress as a team(usa) since Mosconi and it will only make out players better.
Jason

Jason