DCC 9-ball updates

Poolmanis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Btw. Rules have one goofy thing IMO... rack your own and 9-counts on every pocket.

StraightPoolIU

Brent
Silver Member
Btw. Rules have one goofy thing IMO... rack your own and 9-counts on every pocket.

Yeah unusual. Typically in RYO events the 9 doesn't count in at least the bottom 2.

That's not the most unusual rule at the DCC though. The DCC has a rule where if your opponent runs the set on you (all 9 break and run racks) the set isn't over. You have a chance to get up and match the feat.

jalapus logan

be all. and supports it to
Silver Member
Yeah unusual. Typically in RYO events the 9 doesn't count in at least the bottom 2.

That's not the most unusual rule at the DCC though. The DCC has a rule where if your opponent runs the set on you (all 9 break and run racks) the set isn't over. You have a chance to get up and match the feat.

Rack your own is ridiculous.

The other rule you mention sounds pretty cool. So if you match running out the set, is it sudden death 1 rack to finish off the match?

Also, results are pretty pitiful on the Derby City Classic website. As of this writing, no results have been updated since yesterday, sure makes it hard for fans to follow the action.

Attachments

• dcc.JPG
    dcc.JPG
    22.2 KB · Views: 1,896

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was impressed with Darren's World Pool Series event with live score updates using Cuescores.com(sp?).

De420MadHatter

SicBiNature
Silver Member
Rack your own is ridiculous.

The other rule you mention sounds pretty cool. So if you match running out the set, is it sudden death 1 rack to finish off the match?

Also, results are pretty pitiful on the Derby City Classic website. As of this writing, no results have been updated since yesterday.

Curious as well. If someone were to match your feat or running the set, and it became sudden death that would suck. Especially if you lost the lag and he broke and ran.

Inaction

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Curious as well. If someone were to match your feat or running the set, and it became sudden death that would suck. Especially if you lost the lag and he broke and ran.

I believe matching the feat would mean if Player A BnR nine racks, Player B would have a chance to break a rack and continue shooting until he misses or runs more racks than Player A did.

If I were player A, I would hope I would not have to stop at nine BnRs.

Does the same rule apply if player B gets a shot at any point in the first game? Like a dry break or a pushout?

Poolmanis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Did you enter DCC?

Yeah. I was on Darren's 8-ball just before DCC. So i decided to enter DCC too because I was at right continent already. Got round 4 on one-pocket. Lost tight match against Shannon Daulton. Won my first 9-ball match 9-4. :)

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeah. I was on Darren's 8-ball just before DCC. So i decided to enter DCC too because I was at right continent already. Got round 4 on one-pocket. Lost tight match against Shannon Daulton. Won my first 9-ball match 9-4. :)

Yeah I recall following you on the 8b event.

Good job man. I always pull for azb regulars.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member

What's goofy is rack your own. The nine SHOULD count on the break in any pocket.

Rack your own is ruining our sport.

lipstickpool

Registered
Still no updates on the DCC website on any 9-ball matches. I sent them a message and they said it likely won't be updated until tonight or tomorrow... Anyone know if there's another way to find updates?

Tooler

AhSheetMaDruars
Silver Member
Still no updates on the DCC website on any 9-ball matches. I sent them a message and they said it likely won't be updated until tonight or tomorrow... Anyone know if there's another way to find updates?

They do the same thing every year. always a minimum of 1 day behind.

:angry:

King T

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How?

What's goofy is rack your own. The nine SHOULD count on the break in any pocket.

Rack your own is ruining our sport.

As the statistics show (via AtLarge) and many other outcomes, the breaker only wins a small percentage more then the none breaker, so how is rack your own ruining our sport?

Even the soft break, while boring, has made Corey a better player then SVB or Dennis? So why so much to do about the rack or the break?