Has anyone tried this bridge head???

Bob 14:1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've tried the overpriced Kamui leather head, and it's fine in that it doesn't hurt the shaft, but this appealed to me since it appears to offer a lot of height combined with stability. It is also leather lined at the contact points.

I really like the Mooseheads, but I've tried sanding or buffing or polishing the insets, yet it still continues to grab, vibrate, squeal and chatter.

tbh.jpg

Tiger Bridge Head is made of quality acrylic plastic, this bridge head is unlike any other, both design or playability. Tiger bridge head has genuine leather inserts that won't allow the shaft to get scratched and provides better stability & control. Offers more options from lowest to highest positions and can also be used upside down. Rubber washer fits on any shaft from 9mm to 14mm. $16.95 from Seyberts...

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
Madman One Pocket bridge

Tall, solid, all leather, prices right, supporting a small business

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I think the best pool bridge head available is the Russo interlocking bridge. See http://www.muellers.com/Russo-Interlocking-Bridge-Head,2374.html for pictures. All pool rooms should have these for all their tables. They are $2 each in quantity from the manufacturer.

Snooker has much better bridges (called "rests" there), but they're brass and expensive. Snooker players care a lot about how well their rests work.

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think the best pool bridge head available is the Russo interlocking bridge. See http://www.muellers.com/Russo-Interlocking-Bridge-Head,2374.html for pictures. All pool rooms should have these for all their tables. They are $2 each in quantity from the manufacturer.

Snooker has much better bridges (called "rests" there), but they're brass and expensive. Snooker players care a lot about how well their rests work.

I know everyone has different tastes, but we have that head on several bridges where I play and I absolutely hate it. I will change it for another bridge every time I find it under a table I'm playing on.

I don't have one but I have played with the Justa Bridge and think it is the best bridge on the market, in design. Maybe a bit overpriced and hard to find the felt liners for, but it kicks ass.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I know everyone has different tastes, but we have that head on several bridges where I play and I absolutely hate it. I will change it for another bridge every time I find it under a table I'm playing on.
What don't you like about the Russo bridge?

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What don't you like about the Russo bridge?

I don't like the design or what it is made of. To me, I think there are lots of bridges that are better for maybe a bit more in price.

It seems to be lighter than a lot of other materials and it slides around on the cloth too easily for my liking. Some of the heavier bridges made of different material seem to stay in place a little bit better.

I'm not saying it is the worst bridge, I'm saying there are a lot that are better.

ctyhntr

RIP Kelly
Silver Member
My local poolhall used to have a couple of these. I thought they were okay, and agree they are very light. Maybe they can be weighted down some how.

Where can you buy these for $2? Muellers is $4 in quantities of 12 or more.

I don't like the design or what it is made of. To me, I think there are lots of bridges that are better for maybe a bit more in price.

It seems to be lighter than a lot of other materials and it slides around on the cloth too easily for my liking. Some of the heavier bridges made of different material seem to stay in place a little bit better.

I'm not saying it is the worst bridge, I'm saying there are a lot that are better.

Jude Rosenstock

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My local poolhall used to have a couple of these. I thought they were okay, and agree they are very light. Maybe they can be weighted down some how.

Where can you buy these for $2? Muellers is $4 in quantities of 12 or more.

Is there an advantage to having a heavy bridge? In instances where you have to get the bridge out of the way quickly, I would imagine a lighter bridge would be better.

ctyhntr

RIP Kelly
Silver Member
I rejoined straight pool league this season, so I find myself using the bridge more often.

Maybe I'm not very coordinated, but I find the bridge tends to bounce around, and I usually end up fouling because I moved a ball. Maybe something with more heft.

Is there an advantage to having a heavy bridge? In instances where you have to get the bridge out of the way quickly, I would imagine a lighter bridge would be better.

rikdee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

100% agree! I still have and use a pair of original Russo interlocking heads purchased from Joe himself in 1981. I also have the hand addressed envelope which contained the heads and the introductory literature included with the purchase. They were and still are the bomb.

BrianaBrown13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I still prefer my stretch bridge over all of the others. I like have the string to lift the bridge out of the way of a cue ball coming off the end rail. And with the telescopic handle, I can adjust the length to whats needed.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I should think nylon would provide a very smooth surface. Does the Russo bridge have to be sanded and tinkered with to provide a smooth glide without grabbing, vibrating and chattering?

My 314/2 plays fairly well with the Moosehead. My Schmelke sings and groans on each and every stroke. I've tried all grits from 400 to the yellow Q-smooth and I've also tried polishing it to a sparkling black finish. Darn bridge will just not shut up.

rs70_R_14c6590a.jpg

Jude Rosenstock

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I rejoined straight pool league this season, so I find myself using the bridge more often.

Maybe I'm not very coordinated, but I find the bridge tends to bounce around, and I usually end up fouling because I moved a ball. Maybe something with more heft.

No, using the bridge can be incredibly awkward, especially in 14.1 where it's often used for bridging over a ball. In fact, I will often shoot opposite handed instead of the bridge. I'll even use an opposite-handed air-bridge in situations where you might need to stack two bridges.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member

Been using a Brianna for years....the Russo interests me if I could get them with a grommet.

The traditional X rest head at snooker drives me nuts...it's the way I aim....
...the X blocks both sides of the cue-ball for me.

Poolhall60561

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I bought the Allison Fisher London Bridge a few years back and left it at the poolhall first time out. For that reason I prefer the house bridge.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Been using a Brianna for years....the Russo interests me if I could get them with a grommet.

Does the Brianna have that annoying injection mold mark throughout all the contact points as does the Moosehead? Do you get any drag or chattering when using it without having to polish or sand down the contact points?

I don't require an Erector Set for a bridge since I just shoot in my basement and not in leagues, etc. I actually like the idea of a lightweight bridge. For me, it's difficult to hoist a heavy bridge out of the way; particularly within the sometimes tight confines of straight pool.