Matchroom looking for players for the U.S. Open

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Some of the registered players have dropped out and Matchroom has a few spots to fill in the field. It's on their facebook page now. This is an opportunity for someone on the "waiting list" to get in, but they must act quickly.

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
Some of the registered players have dropped out and Matchroom has a few spots to fill in the field. It's on their facebook page now. This is an opportunity for someone on the "waiting list" to get in, but they must act quickly.

Damn, was gonna go but havent decided yet, wish I knew earlier.
Jason

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
I asked a couple players that were listed in the draw if they were playing because they haven't played in some time and I was surprised to see their names listed. They said they had not paid an entry and were not planning to. How does Matchroom list players and show matches scheduled with said players if they haven't paid an entry and are not planning to play at all?

If that's true it really sucks, I've been done with work for 2 weeks and would have played for sure.

I miss everything because of work and could have made this with 2 weeks to get in "stroke" lol.
Jason

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If that's true it really sucks, I've been done with work for 2 weeks and would have played for sure.

I miss everything because of work and could have made this with 2 weeks to get in "stroke" lol.
Jason

Last edited:

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It is most definitely true. Not sure why they would list players that were not planning to play and have not paid an entry. It sounds like they were picking people to put on a list to show the field was full when in fact, it may not be, but to go as far as to place them in the draw is absurd and beyond belief.

That is not, IMO, a good way to do things.

The players and their $$$ should be "confirmed" before being added to the list.

To me, ^^^^^^^ is just common sense.

How can they expect ANYONE to feel comfortable enough to do business with them if that is common practice for them?

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That is not, IMO, a good way to do things.

The players and their $$$ should be "confirmed" before being added to the list.

To me, ^^^^^^^ is just common sense.

How can they expect ANYONE to feel comfortable enough to do business with them if that is common practice for them?

Last edited:

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't know. The players I spoke with said they had ZERO interest in playing; wasn't even on their radar. I just checked the draw online and nothing has changed. What's going to happen over the weekend when these matches don't happen or there are "forfeits". Not to mention the prize fund being impacted.

They're needing players because they filled the field with some ghosts.

Well, it all "sounds" shady and dishonest.

I thought they were gonna do "good things" for pool and its participants?

I know several people that have $$$ on some of the matches. It would suck to have your horse to "not be there".....when they, were "on the list" as a "confirmed" entrant.

Again, very shady.

Rake

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well, it all "sounds" shady and dishonest.

I thought they were gonna do "good things" for pool and its participants?

I know several people that have $$$ on some of the matches. It would suck to have your horse to "not be there".....when they, were "on the list" as a "confirmed" entrant.

Again, very shady.

Rake

Last edited:

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Very confusing here. At almost every event I've ever attended, the draw was done after the players meeting. Even players that have committed to an event shouldn't be drawn into matches until they show up to the event.

Growing pains here. I hope they get this mess sorted out.

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Very confusing here. At almost every event I've ever attended, the draw was done after the players meeting. Even players that have committed to an event shouldn't be drawn into matches until they show up to the event.

Growing pains here. I hope they get this mess sorted out.

Last edited:

12squared

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Looks like strike two for Matchroom. Hope they don't strike out, it was promising having them come to bat. :confused::(

Tin Man

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Ditto. I was dying to play and very surprised at how early it filled. I get into a funk every time I sit out a US Open. Playing the ghost at home, kicking myself for not being a part of this. To find out there are a bunch of unpaid players taking my spot, some of which might not have even signed up, is disappointing.

I don't like it gang, but I still say let's give Match Room time to run the event to the finish line before we lynch them. I'm not going IPT and wanting it so bad I close my eyes, but I do think they have a substantial track record and I'll see where they go with this.

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I can see MR blowing their budget putting on this event.

That's why added money is low.

Afraid to think if they only had 150 entries,

Last edited:

JessEm

AzB Goldmember
Silver Member
Honestly, WHO CARES. …. Anyone who's ever planned so much as a large dinner in their lifetime knows there's a certain amount of "finesse" involved in the organizing process ... Clearly there's a couple Matchroom haters who like playing up the drama here like a broken record.

The fact that some gaps need to be filled is nothing new. Just about anyone who's anyone is/has been in Vegas all week already anyway.

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
Honestly, WHO CARES. …. Anyone who's ever planned so much as a large dinner in their lifetime knows there's a certain amount of "finesse" involved in the organizing process ... Clearly there's a couple Matchroom haters who like playing up the drama here like a broken record.

The fact that some gaps need to be filled is nothing new. Just about anyone who's anyone is/has been in Vegas all week already anyway.

Well, I sure as F ain't one of em, been looking for flights in the AM but it's not gonna happen. Think I'll go back to AC and play more poker.

Not out to hang MR, this coulda been avoided though.

Still gonna enjoy the sh!@ outta watching from the poker table. Might fly there on Tues or Wed anyway.
Jason

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Why did they not work with any of the known organizers, hire them as consultants, and avoid this bs?