✯✯Russian 14.1 Championship✯✯ - LIVE

14-1StraightMan

High Run 127
Silver Member
Russia

I watched that match and I really enjoyed it. A very good match between two fine players. I think there are two other 14.1 matches listed that I will watch later today. Thanks for posting, it was very good.

PS: Nice pace with both players. That is the way the game is supposed to be played.

Last edited:

cmbwsu

Pool Stream Advocate
Silver Member
They are playing 14.1 now.

Kinda shows you how my day went yesterday .. I post that it's 14.1 then they play 10-Ball and when I inform folks of same they change back to 14.1. To make things worse, I ran out of beer! Today is another day :grin:!

cmbwsu

Pool Stream Advocate
Silver Member
I watched that match and I really enjoyed it. A very good match between two fine players. I think there are two other 14.1 matches listed that I will watch later today. Thanks for posting, it was very good.

PS: Nice pace with both players. That is the way the game is supposed to be played.

Glad you enjoyed it :thumbup:!

wigglybridge

14.1 straight pool!
Silver Member
the guy in the pale green shirt plays beautifully. tendency to go into the balls a bit early, but that stroke is my ideal. resolution a little grainy, but i think he even uses the same goofy closed bridge i do, like Earl's, with the forefinger outside the thumb.

mnhighrunlist

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I also enjoyed a match earlier this morning. Good pace of play as mentioned prior. Thanks for the link.

-Dennis

Vahmurka

...and I get all da rolls
Silver Member
Russia nationals is going on this week, 14.1, 10-b, 8-b, 9-b. I suppose every game is split in two days so no wonder there was 10-ball preliminary stage running next day you returned ;)
I know you don't read cyrillic so you can't figure out players' names, and I can't comment on anyone you mentioned. But in regard with the guy in pale green shirt I suppose you must be talking about final game. http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/18537644 This is Konstantin Stepanov, you may want to check how he performed when he was participating in Predator 14.1 Worlds.

Like I said, the BilliardSu channel will be live all week long, about 10 hours per day. They have only one camera, so only one TV table, but for that reason players selected for that table are usually skilled enough.

cmbwsu

Pool Stream Advocate
Silver Member
Russia nationals is going on this week, 14.1, 10-b, 8-b, 9-b. I suppose every game is split in two days so no wonder there was 10-ball preliminary stage running next day you returned ;)
I know you don't read cyrillic so you can't figure out players' names, and I can't comment on anyone you mentioned. But in regard with the guy in pale green shirt I suppose you must be talking about final game. http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/18537644 This is Konstantin Stepanov, you may want to check how he performed when he was participating in Predator 14.1 Worlds.

Like I said, the BilliardSu channel will be live all week long, about 10 hours per day. They have only one camera, so only one TV table, but for that reason players selected for that table are usually skilled enough.

Would you by chance know the stream start times (EST/PST)?

Vahmurka

...and I get all da rolls
Silver Member
Would you by chance know the stream start times (EST/PST)?
umm, let me do some calculations... According to what I noticed today they start at 10 AM local time, just when the play starts on a given day. Moscow is GMT +4 hours now, New York is GMT -5. So 10 AM in Moscow means 1 AM EST.
But title matches are played late in the day, so it is more convenient for US viewers. Other games should take less time, but for instance today the broadcast took about 11 hours.

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
Thanks guys!!!

Does anyone know if matches are being archived ?

Internet is down at home, inquiring from my iPhone !

Steve

Last edited:

dmgwalsh

Straight Pool Fanatic
Silver Member
Thanks guys!!!

Does anyone know if matches are being archived ?

Internet is down at home, inquiring from my iPhone !

Steve

Steve: I think they are. I downloaded 2 of them yesterday.

By the way, since you got the Capelle book, look in that thread and tell me what you think.