Old
  (#16)
FranCrimi
AzB Silver Member
FranCrimi has a reputation beyond reputeFranCrimi has a reputation beyond reputeFranCrimi has a reputation beyond reputeFranCrimi has a reputation beyond reputeFranCrimi has a reputation beyond reputeFranCrimi has a reputation beyond reputeFranCrimi has a reputation beyond reputeFranCrimi has a reputation beyond reputeFranCrimi has a reputation beyond reputeFranCrimi has a reputation beyond reputeFranCrimi has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

03-24-2020, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Johnson View Post
If your wing span is larger your bridge and grip hands are typically farther apart.

pj
chg
That's an arbitrary way of measuring someone's span in their stance. We should be focusing on finding a way to measure someone's stance span and then we can discuss cue length relative to that.

Old
  (#17)
BC21
Poolology

BC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond repute

03-24-2020, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Jewett View Post

I think the length should go up with the player's size. The opposite of this that I've seen applied is when an APA 3 who is 5'1" gets fitted out with a 62-inch cue so they can reach more shots. In the meantime, they have to get a stepladder to chalk.

This is seriously one of the funniest things I've read in a while!

Old
  (#18)
Patrick Johnson
Fish of the Day
Patrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

03-24-2020, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FranCrimi View Post
That's an arbitrary way of measuring someone's span in their stance.
It's not a way of measuring someone's span in their stance; it's just a way of saying that it's related to height.

I suppose we could estimate spans from pics of players in their stance by estimating their bridge length and the length of butt behind their grip (if we know the length of their cue).

pj
chgo

Old
  (#19)
BC21
Poolology

BC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond repute

03-24-2020, 08:19 AM

Quote:
It's not a way of measuring someone's span in their stance; it's just a way of saying that it's related to height.

I suppose we could estimate spans from pics of players in their stance by estimating their bridge length and the length of butt behind their grip (if we know the length of their cue).

pj
chgo
Watch Tyler Styer....on his back stroke he has the longest extended stroke arm I've ever seen. I guess he has long arms, large wing span. I wouldn't be surprised to discover that he plays with an extended cue. Maybe not, but that back stroke is way back behind him, so far that it's amazing the tip doesn't slip out of his bridge hand.

Old
  (#20)
FranCrimi
AzB Silver Member
FranCrimi has a reputation beyond reputeFranCrimi has a reputation beyond reputeFranCrimi has a reputation beyond reputeFranCrimi has a reputation beyond reputeFranCrimi has a reputation beyond reputeFranCrimi has a reputation beyond reputeFranCrimi has a reputation beyond reputeFranCrimi has a reputation beyond reputeFranCrimi has a reputation beyond reputeFranCrimi has a reputation beyond reputeFranCrimi has a reputation beyond repute

03-27-2020, 01:19 PM

Quote:

pj
chgo
But if you're going to talk about what the best cue length for a player should be, then you should find a way to measure them in their stance. Torso length could be a factor too. You guys claim to be scientific yet you succumb to such an arbitrary way of measuring players. You're creative. Come up with something. Figure it out. Challenge yourself.

Old
  (#21)
Patrick Johnson
Fish of the Day
Patrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

03-27-2020, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FranCrimi View Post
You guys claim to be scientific
At least you claim we do...

Quote:
...yet you succumb to such an arbitrary way of measuring players.
It's just a little speculation about how cue length might be logically related to a players' height. I haven't heard anybody claim it's a way to "measure" players.

Quote:
You're creative. Come up with something. Figure it out. Challenge yourself.
I'll get right on that.

pj
chgo

Old
  (#22)
Limeymc
Registered
Limeymc is on a distinguished road

03-28-2020, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawaiianEye View Post
I have been told that your cue tip should touch your bottom lip with the butt of the cue sitting on the floor.

For me, that is 58".
I remember that being the same for buying a hockey stick

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 12

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: