:: Meeting & Shooting :: Octotber @ Hight Point,NC - Chicago - Bangalore, India..

Jive

Professional Racker
Silver Member
Wife was talking about a trip to Wuhan next year around Mar/Apr to see the Cherry Blossom. Will update you again.

Snookered <=== Ang Bao ready for your little cutie:D:D:D

Heh ok let me know in advance cos I'm not based there anymore so I'll see if I can be there for you :)

Jive

Professional Racker
Silver Member
London in Jan? No thanks, see you in SG then haha. Think its more like 5 years and not 2 since i last met you .

No doubt it's been eons..maybe meeting in Tokyo would be sooner? We can shoot with Victor?
I'll be in Tokyo next month, around 9th-13th.

poolnoob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No doubt it's been eons..maybe meeting in Tokyo would be sooner? We can shoot with Victor?
I'll be in Tokyo next month, around 9th-13th.

Chances are low, i just met with Victor last week. He might be busy as he is taking on a new role very soon.

Last edited:

victorl

Where'd my stroke go?
Silver Member
Hi Jive!
Let me know when you're in Tokyo and have some time and we can shoot some for sure.

crawf

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey Jive

It would be great to connect with you while your in Chicago. Let me know as your plans confirm.

John

PINKLADY

ICNBB
Silver Member
Let me know when you get to Thomasville. I will be out of town the 17th but could be available the other dates. There is a pool room in High Point called Sharkeys and it wouldn't be far for you to travel to. It is on Main Street.

SHARKEY'S - THAT'S IT!
ok, ok Lou. if you're going to meet Jive, then i'm there. but be prepared to be sporting THE hot new color of Market, Honey. :cool:

I would strongly encourage you to google Gate City Billiards near Wendover Ave.and I-40. One of the nicest Pool Rooms you will see anywhere,Tell them Wayne Smith told you about it. Don't know where your staying for the market but with little or no traffic 25 minutes to market showroom.

you know, if you'd also mention that there are 6 HOTELS directly across from & behind Gate City.... and that JA & RM will be in town.... the OP might, just might.... switch hotels. (there's also a hotel near Break Time :smile: )

then we could all get together in GSO!

gehawe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jive,
Shooting good pool in Bangalore is a bit tricky.
Best would be in the "Karnataka State Billiards Association" KSBA.
I would advise to call there before and make sure that you get admission to enter the member's room. It worked for me and I played againsts a guy who was ranked number 7 in India in 9-Ball.
You could try and catch Mr. Vijaya Prasad, Hon. Secretary to ask for entry permission.

They play more Snooker than Pool there, but some of the guys there play strong.

KSBA
No. 5/1 Miller Tank Bed Area
Bangalore - 560 052
Tel: 080 43223222 or 22269970

Best regards from Germany

Gerhard

Jive

Professional Racker
Silver Member
Hey Jive

It would be great to connect with you while your in Chicago. Let me know as your plans confirm.

John

Sounds like a plan, i'm arranging an all John Shoot-out :grin-square:

Jive

Professional Racker
Silver Member
Jive,
Shooting good pool in Bangalore is a bit tricky.
Best would be in the "Karnataka State Billiards Association" KSBA.
I would advise to call there before and make sure that you get admission to enter the member's room. It worked for me and I played againsts a guy who was ranked number 7 in India in 9-Ball.
You could try and catch Mr. Vijaya Prasad, Hon. Secretary to ask for entry permission.

They play more Snooker than Pool there, but some of the guys there play strong.

KSBA
No. 5/1 Miller Tank Bed Area
Bangalore - 560 052
Tel: 080 43223222 or 22269970

Best regards from Germany

Gerhard

Thanks for the heads up, that sounds like a lot of work to do hehe. I'm just hoping to see if there's any fellow AZer from around the area, i expected my chances to be slim to nothing heh :D

gehawe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The guy didn't know AZB, played with a 50$ stick and beat me 22:2.

Your chances to meet a AZB-fellow are slim, I guess. Your chances to win are marginally higher. :grin::grin::grin:

I'll be in:
High Point, NC from 17th-20th
Chicago from 20th - 22nd
Bangalore, India from 28th - 31st

Was wondering if anybody who wants to meet up grab a beer and shoot some pool. I don't gamble but for the fun of it I'll could play for beer or table time :)

I know John@Redshoes in Chicago so I might just meet up with him again though he doesn't know I intend to hehe.

Anyone near High Point? I'm actually staying at Thomasvile, not sure where that is but hotel was all booked up at High Point...

I know Bangalore would be the most far fetched hehe, just trying my luck to see if there's anyone on AZ that's from there.

Drop me a PM or email at jive.ong@gmail.com

I live 20 minutes from high point

Jive

Professional Racker
Silver Member
I just saw this post, so it's gonna be a John+John+John+ Jive and a few stragglers event? With Beggars Pizza, mmmm..

It's actually a John + John + John + Jive @ John's hehe. I just sent you a PM with my cell, drop me a line.

Jive

Professional Racker
Silver Member
I'll call Beggers now and order the pie!

We can also hit a couple of other places this time. Just let me know your plans.

J-Flo

Hey john, been trying to call u but I think your number changed. Drop me a line.

PINKLADY

ICNBB
Silver Member
J-Flo, ChicagoRJ, Mr Bond, et al - Jive is en route to yáll & hopefully already shooting & eating pizza! no pool was had in High Point, as we couldn't find a table small enough :eek:

pics, or he wasn't there. he's totally cool.

PL <---- thanks Jive! glad that chair didn't send us up in flames. ;)

Attachments

• JIVE - 2015.10.18.5.jpg
    JIVE - 2015.10.18.5.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 130

J-Flo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nine Ball slop fest!

J-Flo, ChicagoRJ, Mr Bond, et al - Jive is en route to yáll & hopefully already shooting & eating pizza! no pool was had in High Point, as we couldn't find a table small enough :eek:

pics, or he wasn't there. he's totally cool.

PL <---- thanks Jive! glad that chair didn't send us up in flames. ;)
We had a great time and good food. Getting together at Pyramid tomorrow night. Jive will post some pics later.

Ak147

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Don't think you can get any decent pool tables in Bangalore. At least that was the scene10 years back.