Introducing Cohen Cues

Zirroe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My name is Eddie Cohen and I have been making cues for 4 years now. I had made my first cue when I was 24 years old. I first learned from helping out at the shop of Kent Davis. After a few years Ariel Carmeli invited me to help him. I have learned a lot from both of them. My first venture towards cue making was when I installed a leather wrap on an old break cue of mine that I did 100% by hand with no lathe. It took me a few tries but I was able to do it. Later on I had bought a repair lathe to do my own tips, after having a bad install from a local repairman, I had decided it was best to learn to do my own tips. I have always been fascinated by custom cues, as I am a collector as well. Being a collector is what sort of jump started me to where I am today. I was a customer of both Kent Davis and Ariel Carmeli, which then turned into them being my cue building mentors. Majority of my business has been by word of mouth, as I do not currently have a website, but plan on launching one soon. I am located in Southern California on the LA/Orange County border. Playability has always been a priority in my cues. Most cues I construct have a core through the forearm that is made of a hard wood from South America. I use this wood for the playability attributes, as well that it is very stable. The logo I use on my cues is my first name in Hebrew. I will have cues displayed at the High End Cues booth at the Super Billiards Expo.

Underneath I have attached a link with a little interview I did with POV pool. Pictures of my work to follow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDmgJcxWs6g

dchan320

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Eddie makes a fine cue indeed. Glad to see he's posting some of his work here on AZB.

Thanks for sharing.

-Doug

gkloop

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How much for the Ebony with Rosewood Burl sectional handle and copper Rosary ring work cue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk