Introducing Cohen Cues

Very nice work

I really like the traditional looks, with some of your touches. The long tapered notched diamonds are smokin.

homer66_59

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Eddie, I think your work is incredible . Can you pm me the price and availability of the John Davis Titlist conversion cue. Thank you . Tim

CueCaps

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Love those JP's..

"As I say, the cue makers makes the best JP's for their cues."
Especially when they have unique designed rings like yours..
It must have took some time thinking about the color ,sequencing and
making that slotted billet.
I believe your JP's reflect the heart that you put into your cues..
And, your willingness to do extra to make the cue look complete.

I think we got another "Winner" added to our custom cue world..
Someone to watch for new cue designs.
A bit late for the Ivory though.. :sorry:
Thanks for posting Zirroe....

Alton :smile:

Bob Farr

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I like every one of the cues you've put up here. Your taste in wood and color combinations is just incredible. Very classy.
If your cues play as good as they look, then you are going to be very successful. Congratulations on your accomplishments.

zeeblebrox01

Registered
you got me

Alright I'm interested. You got me. I love the mother of pearl and the flame cue. I need some information on price, deposit, wait time. Those are nice looking cues.

Mikey Town

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here is a link to the thread profiling the custom build that Eddie did for me: http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=324471

The process was quick, smooth and the customer service was second to none. The balance, weighting and playability of the cue (and the matching breaker he made for me) are superb. Top notch stuff all around.

Eddie - It's good to see that you are finally posting some of these gems here. That MOP cue turned out amazing... The white/green speck linen was a perfect choice. I'm getting more and more ideas for my next one. ;)

know it all

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My name is Eddie Cohen and I have been making cues for 4 years now. I had made my first cue when I was 24 years old. I first learned from helping out at the shop of Kent Davis. After a few years Ariel Carmeli invited me to help him. I have learned a lot from both of them. My first venture towards cue making was when I installed a leather wrap on an old break cue of mine that I did 100% by hand with no lathe. It took me a few tries but I was able to do it. Later on I had bought a repair lathe to do my own tips, after having a bad install from a local repairman, I had decided it was best to learn to do my own tips. I have always been fascinated by custom cues, as I am a collector as well. Being a collector is what sort of jump started me to where I am today. I was a customer of both Kent Davis and Ariel Carmeli, which then turned into them being my cue building mentors. Majority of my business has been by word of mouth, as I do not currently have a website, but plan on launching one soon. I am located in Southern California on the LA/Orange County border. Playability has always been a priority in my cues. Most cues I construct have a core through the forearm that is made of a hard wood from South America. I use this wood for the playability attributes, as well that it is very stable. The logo I use on my cues is my first name in Hebrew. I will have cues displayed at the High End Cues booth at the Super Billiards Expo.

Underneath I have attached a link with a little interview I did with POV pool. Pictures of my work to follow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDmgJcxWs6g

All these cues look like copys of Ed Prewitt cues in some way or another. Rich