The Living Legends Challenge - Mike Sigel vs. Earl Strickland <<<===={{{{{

DJSTEVEZ

Professor of Human Moves
Silver Member
Mike wins the straight pool 125-122 in the most excruciatingly painful match I've ever seen in my life. Afterward Sigel says he's done, he can't play no more, and Earl says he refuses to play Sigel anymore because Sigel is sharking him. Tune in tomorrow for "As the cueball turns."

LMAO, in all truth, aren't Mike & Earl just adhering to the oldest rule in showbiz?
Give the people what they want. People went to see, and bought the PPV feed for the same reason they watch hockey, we all love a good brawl (be in physical or verbal).
I can't wait for the DVDs to be released.

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member
LMAO, in all truth, aren't Mike & Earl just adhering to the oldest rule in showbiz?
Give the people what they want. People went to see, and bought the PPV feed for the same reason they watch hockey, we all love a good brawl (be in physical or verbal).
I can't wait for the DVDs to be released.

I don't think Mike is acting, I think he is genuinely frustrated and aggravated, and I think Earl is genuinely annoyed.

jeffj2h

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’d like the commentators to quiet up more when Earl or Mike get on a rant.

At the beginning of Day 1 they said they would do that, but last night they were talking over the players non-stop (of course the players were spouting off non-stop, but it was awesome-spouting!)

Sent from my iPad using AzBilliards Forums

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In a way i really wish they wouldn't have done this. I like remembering Sigel as the pool-monster he once was. The boxing analogy is spot-on although i think after this Mike knows he's done. Earl's got a little gas left in the tank but the needle is rapidly approaching "E".

Last edited:

flyvirginiaguy

Classic Cue Lover
Silver Member
I like remembering Sigel as the pool-monster he once was.

Yes. The ones who have only watched Mike in recent past (the IPT etc...) will never know how dominant of a player he was. This would have been worth seeing 25-30 years ago. It would have been much different. He also raised his level of play 4-5 gears as the pressure/tournaments went on. Definitely always liked playing for the big prize.

Nick B

This is gonna hurt
Silver Member

Attachments

• f9d6ab2f05f550903fde7774d5775507--social-dance-tree-frogs.jpg
    f9d6ab2f05f550903fde7774d5775507--social-dance-tree-frogs.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 391

jeffj2h

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Someone else had trouble getting the stream to play on a Mac. I fixed that by using Incognito Mode in Crome.

Kimmo H.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Saw a pic on facebook from todays 8ball match and there was Earl with his earmuffs :thumbup: What do you guys think, will he be playing with them on the rest of the day trying to block out Sigels ranting?

I will be buying these matches if they become available for purchase later on as I have been working this whole weekend so I've missed the games live totally.

billiards102

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Someone else had trouble getting the stream to play on a Mac. I fixed that by using Incognito Mode in Crome.

I have been watching via MacBook Pro to AppleTV with no problems using Google Chrome. In the past if there was a streaming issue on my end I've needed to update chrome and/or the Mac OS to fix. There have been very recent updates to both.