BCA 8 ball rule on substitutions

tableroll

Rolling Thunder
Silver Member
On BCA league, does anyone know if a team can substitute in another player from another team who is also playing on their own team? This means the sub is playing on two teams at the same time and therefore causing a delay in play while he finishes play for one of the teams.
Another item is that a team can "load up" with another team's best players to improve their win percentage and therefore affect the end of season results.
I think if a sub comes in, it should be one that is not playing that night. I also think a team should not be able to pick a better player than the one who is absent. What do you all think?

Skippy27

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If they play in that same division, then no they shouldn't be allowed to play on 2 teams.

If they play the same night, then they should have to adhere to time constraints and not play at the same time or forfeit if they can't start their match.

I am also pretty sure, but not positive, that in BCA you can't play on another table while shooting a league match thus that issue would arise regardless if it was 2 teams in the same division or not.

Donny Lutz

Ferrule Cat
Silver Member
Flexibility

On BCA league, does anyone know if a team can substitute in another player from another team who is also playing on their own team? This means the sub is playing on two teams at the same time and therefore causing a delay in play while he finishes play for one of the teams.
Another item is that a team can "load up" with another team's best players to improve their win percentage and therefore affect the end of season results.
I think if a sub comes in, it should be one that is not playing that night. I also think a team should not be able to pick a better player than the one who is absent. What do you all think?

One of the things I liked about BCA leagues is that they allow some flexibility in such cases. That's why leagues should have their own set of rules (in addition to the recommended BCAPL rules) approved by vote of the board of directors (team captains). Some leagues do not allow any flexibility.

In leagues that I've run over the past fifty years, such substitutions were allowed with the permission of the opposing team captain. If the sub was also playing on another team that night, his or her game could be "played around" as long as it was played before the end of each round.

NINEBALLART

NINEBALLART
Silver Member
Been playing BCA league for 18 years and never saw this happen....
Once someone subs on a team that is his team...He cannot hop around from team to team...
In our league you cannot bring in a NEW sub during the last 3 weeks of league play..He had to of played at least one night with your team previous and then it's OK to sub last 3 weeks..
This prevents bringing in ringers the last 3 weeks as to give your team an advantage and maybe finish league a spot or two higher...

sbpoolleague

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The rules guiding this are specific to each league.

In our league you cannot play for two different teams on the same night. We don't lock subs down to one particular team but we do lock them down to a bar. So if a player subs for Rocky's 1, he can then sub for any of Rocky's teams.

tableroll

Rolling Thunder
Silver Member
What is also happening is that a team will substitute only high caliber players which can affect team ranking during playoff time. In our league of 8 five man teams, only the top 4 can play for 1,2,3 and 4 spots. The rest play for 5,6,7 and 8 place. If a team subs in a top player, they can move from 5th to 4th spot and compete for more cash. I think if you are going to sub it should be of a low ranking player from another team.

watchez

What time is it?
Silver Member
Every league has their own rules. The league I played in is nothing like the league you played in. The BCAPL just sanctions the league. The format is up to the league itself. If you have an issue with how the league is run, I would go directly to the league operator.