International Open

JoshStodola

My stroke is garbage
Silver Member
Must be a bad price point then. I wonder how $29.95 for the week would work? If they could get a few thousand (even one or two thou) buyers it's win for Accu-Stats.

Just using PDC (pro darts) as an example, they charge about $4 for a weekend tournament, about $13 for a month, about $65 for a year. Tournaments every week with expert camera work and commentary. Big money on the line - very important, who wants to watch so-called professionals when we don't exactly know what they're playing for? Darts should be the model that pool dreams to be. Heavyweight bouts with millions of viewers have the same price point as Accu-Stats video productions. They are bordering on insanity here just for asking the question -- will people pay this? Love the production, HATE THE DIRECTION!

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Without a doubt the most confusing double elimination bracket I've ever seen online. It looks like a bad anagram. My only question is WHY! :eek:

Are you on an android and Samsung combination? From earlier reports on this thread, that combo does not work. The brackets were flawlessly on a Windows PC with Firefox, a Mac with Safari, or an iPhone with Safari. Good luck:)

Joe_Jaguar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Are you on an android and Samsung combination? From earlier reports on this thread, that combo does not work. The brackets were flawlessly on a Windows PC with Firefox, a Mac with Safari, or an iPhone with Safari. Good luck:)

No, the convoluted brackets themselves. Not the minor tech issues.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member

I'm using Windows with Firefox and the winners side and losers side overlap.

MD1108

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Shaw foul?

Did anyone catch exactly what was going with Shaw lifting the template rack, thus moving the 9 ball, and did he run out of time later in same game while looking at options on the 4 ball?

How many fouls if any, just occurred? Thanks for clarification.

Last edited:

Joe_Jaguar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Did anyone catch exactly what was going with Shaw lifting the template rack, thus moving the 9 ball, and did he run out of time later in same game while looking at options on the 4 ball?

How many fouls if any, just occurred? Thanks for clarification.

The shot clock is a joke. The Ref in that match is a joke. Shaw should have been given a foul for butting in and screwing with the template.

On the outside tables like in the Alex vs Berg match you got guys walking around the table for 2 minutes a shot.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm using Windows with Firefox and the winners side and losers side overlap.

Yikes, I wonder what it is. Yesterday I was on a Windows 7 machine with Firefox. And today a windows 10 with Firefox, and both worked great on the brackets. Could your zoom level be changed perhaps to mess up the spacing?

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Yikes, I wonder what it is. Yesterday I was on a Windows 7 machine with Firefox. And today a windows 10 with Firefox, and both worked great on the brackets. Could your zoom level be changed perhaps to mess up the spacing?

No worries. I'll muddle through somehow. I've just never had this type of problem before reading the brackets on AZ. Sounds like others have experienced the same issue.

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wow the Euros Lechner,Filler, Shaw and non-MC guy JB hitting their high gears on the final stretch.

I think you have some wrong info there, spartan. Here's what I have for each place, last year (first number) and this year (second).

1 -- $40,000, $30,000
2 -- 20,000, 18,000
3 -- 10,000, 12,000
4 -- 6,000, 7,500
5/6 -- 4,000, 5,000
7/8 -- 3,300, 3,750
9/12 -- 2,750, 3,000
13/16 -- 2,550, 2,750
17/24 -- 2,400, 2,500
25/32 -- 2,250, 2,250

Total -- $149,000, $146,000

[113 players last year, 96 this year]
No, I was not comparing last year and this year. I was comparing drop in prizemoney announced before event of $178K /128 players to $146K and which positions dropped most money.

Just using PDC (pro darts) as an example, they charge about $4 for a weekend tournament, about $13 for a month, about $65 for a year. Tournaments every week with expert camera work and commentary. Big money on the line - very important, who wants to watch so-called professionals when we don't exactly know what they're playing for? Darts should be the model that pool dreams to be. Heavyweight bouts with millions of viewers have the same price point as Accu-Stats video productions. They are bordering on insanity here just for asking the question -- will people pay this? Love the production, HATE THE DIRECTION!

Good point. Shocking that we are paying same as big heavyweight matches. I think Kozoom subscription for whole year for Euro events was only around $90
Too bad pool has peanuts number of viewers. Otherwise someone would have come and disrupt this ridiculous model :grin-square: