Do the Ko brothers just suck now?

randallt6

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't think they have much experience racking the balls. Seems like they use magic rack or something similar in China mostly but in the states it's mostly wood rack (turning stone, us open, derby)

I watched ko Pin yi play Klatt yesterday and he just seemed a bit non chalant ...

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
I don't think they have much experience racking the balls. Seems like they use magic rack or something similar in China mostly but in the states it's mostly wood rack (turning stone, us open, derby)

I watched ko Pin yi play Klatt yesterday and he just seemed a bit non chalant ...

Not disagreeing, but I think he lost because he dogged outs. He knows plenty how to rack, and I'd argue that he had the cleanest, most repetitive break.

I think the tournament schedule word Big Ko down more than anything else.

Freddie

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Does Shane suck on the international stage? He lost the World's(to BigKo) and dogged his brains out at the Mosconi. Yeah, he sucks. Seriously,what kind of question is that?

randallt6

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not disagreeing, but I think he lost because he dogged outs. He knows plenty how to rack, and I'd argue that he had the cleanest, most repetitive break.

I think the tournament schedule word Big Ko down more than anything else.

Freddie

He doesn't know how to read a rack, watch him at turning stone, he has no clue about reading the rack, trust me lol. And yes he dogged outs , he didn't look very focused.

And how can he be wore down? He's like 24 years old and in great shape, I never saw him past 10pm each night and didn't gamble at all, what schedule wore him down? Lol

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He doesn't know how to read a rack, watch him at turning stone, he has no clue about reading the rack, trust me lol. And yes he dogged outs , he didn't look very focused.

And how can he be wore down? He's like 24 years old and in great shape, I never saw him past 10pm each night and didn't gamble at all, what schedule wore him down? Lol

I did read here that he was sick this week.

Plus, being in a different country for an extended length can be a stressor.

Different people, different food, different air...

randallt6

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I did read here that he was sick this week.

Plus, being in a different country for an extended length can be a stressor.

Different people, different food, different air...

Yeah all those phillipinos are really struggling. Lol

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeah all those phillipinos are really struggling. Lol

But I think the home life of the kos, vs the pinoys is much different. The PI is like the Wild West and China/ Taiwan have cities with much more semblance to the major world ones.

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Little ko went pretty deep in the 9B no? You can't expect either to do a thing in banks or 1p unless you are really clueless.

JumpinJoe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They are suppose to get pounded over here.
They know how to play one game and one game only. (One Trick Ponies, Shaw use to be like this but he realized it's beneficial to learn other games)

If it came to all around pool, there's probably 20 to 30 guys in North America alone that's a favorite to beat them.

How anyone could ever consider them the best in the world is beyond belief.

The game we play over here is called pool. Not just rotation.

Last edited:

BmoreMoney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Different people, different food, different air...[/QUOTE]

Different air...... lol! As in what not having to walk around with a mask on?

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I expect them to play better in the future once they lose thier rock star appeal ,,
They got many more good yrs ahead of them as thier both fairly young 26 n 21 I believe
It's scary to think how good thier going to be when they get to Shane's age

GideonF

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Does Jayson Shaw suck at 9B because he didn't place high in the 9B event? What about Mika? Or any other champion that didn't make it through this tough field?

Gideon<---why I am feeding the trolls?