CTE Does NOT Work - It Did For One Pro

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I'm a big hockey fan and pretty knowledgeable, I used to read and see these terrible tweets/posts by hockey analytics bloggers/people which I knew were bad and annoying to read and if you questioned them you were brushed off cause they were stat guys, etc ..so the only way I could debate these guys was to learn as much as they knew about hockey analytics, which I did and I quickly learned all the flaws in hockey analytics and quieted a lot of people ....

so i assume you know all about cte
whats your opinion ?

Scarlett0Hara

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
so i assume you know all about cte
whats your opinion ?

i got very interested in it when some random guy here posted a cte youtube video of Hals houles version and also watching spiderweb com (dave) cte bank videos 10+ years ago, i seen a lot of potential in it, when stans first CD came out, i picked it up pretty easily and have used it ever since 99% of the time … the only fault that i have seen is some people struggle with trying to make it work or learning it, it does everything stans says it does …

its like any system, if you don't pay attention or focus you will miss shots, if you can't read a table or play shape, etc your still going to suck even if you know pro1 and pocket at a good percentage

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
i got very interested in it when some random guy here posted a cte youtube video of Hals houles version and also watching spiderweb com (dave) cte bank videos 10+ years ago, i seen a lot of potential in it, when stans first CD came out, i picked it up pretty easily and have used it ever since 99% of the time … the only fault that i have seen is some people struggle with trying to make it work or learning it, it does everything stans says it does …

its like any system, if you don't pay attention or focus you will miss shots, if you can't read a table or play shape, etc your still going to suck even if you know pro1 and pocket at a good percentage

Thanks for the reply

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How do you know if people are watching the videos?

Videos? you need to be more specific. Last time i answered a generic question someone thought it would be funny to post an aiming forum subject as a new thread in the main forum.

By the way. Have you watched all the CTE instructional videos that have been posted lately? They will help you learn CTE so the discussions here can be a lot more helpful.

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
How do you know if people are watching the videos?

YouTube shows the number of views any given video has had...

Of course, if you want to go down the conspiracy-theory rabbit hole, you could always claim that someone is sitting there clicking on the videos over and over, to inflate the view count. Or to have a bot do it. Pretty sure that's an awful lot of work for very little return....

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
YouTube shows the number of views any given video has had...

You're right! I thought that because Stan has comments turned off on all his videos that you couldn't see the number of views, either. I think someone said that in this forum awhile back. Not true!

Thanks.

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Videos? you need to be more specific. Last time i answered a generic question someone thought it would be funny to post an aiming forum subject as a new thread in the main forum.

By the way. Have you watched all the CTE instructional videos that have been posted lately? They will help you learn CTE so the discussions here can be a lot more helpful.

LOL, funny. I was calling your bluff about the book. In all honesty, here's what I was thinking: You said the book was out. If that were the end of it I might have ignored it but then Low500 says "shhh, don't tell them anything!" That actually gave my imagination enough to wonder if maybe the book was out in limited release to friends only. I realized that I was unlikely to get a straight answer from anyone in the aiming forum so I figured I'd throw it out to the main forum. Best case scenario someone actually knows something, worst case it's a nothing burger. It was an unexpected bonus that you floundered around for awhile and make yourself look silly in the main forum. :p You should have just started with "I made it up to shut up a troll." and that would have been the end of it.

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member

Scarlett0Hara

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For example: Stan says the system "takes you to" a slight overcut for throw. You do that, not the system.

Is it trolling to point out the facts? Per the terms of engagement here in the CTE Forum, maybe so...

pj
chgo

i believe stan is correct and you are also ... you teach yourself that you need to "hit here" to make the system/alignments/shot work ...

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
i believe stan is correct and you are also ... you teach yourself that you need to "hit here" to make the system/alignments/shot work ...
Just like every other system/method... or none.

When CTE users say it's better than other systems/methods, what they're really saying is it suits their personal preferences.

pj
chgo

Scarlett0Hara

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just like every other system/method... or none.

When CTE users say it's better than other systems/methods, what they're really saying is it suits their personal preferences.

pj
chgo

most pro1 users have used/tried all other methods im thinking, they are alowed to give an opinion on there fav system/method right?

most non pro1 users like yourself are giving opinions on something you have never tried/learned ...

imo, if you want to speed up the learning aiming/psr/fondation and you were not gifted by the pool gods, pro1 is by far the best system of its kind out there

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
most pro1 users have used/tried all other methods im thinking
So you've asked most of them? How many are there?

most non pro1 users like yourself are giving opinions on something you have never tried/learned ...
I'm giving my opinion on how it's advertised to work - like "takes you to a slight overcut for throw" or "connects with the 2:1 table geometry". Obvious nonsense - clearly not everybody can see that.

I'm happy it works for you - but that's a different conversation.

pj
chgo

Last edited:

Scarlett0Hara

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So you've asked most of them? How many are there?

I'm giving my opinion on how it's advertised to work - like "takes you to a slight overcut for throw" or "connects with the 2:1 table geometry". Obvious nonsense - clearly not everybody can see that.

I'm happy it works for you - but that's a different conversation.

pj
chgo

naw, i have never asked, i was just assuming they have...

im not sure exxactly whats going on but there seems/feels like there is a conection with the system alignments and the table, i have no idea what going on there or given it much thnought

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
im not sure exxactly whats going on but there seems/feels like there is a conection with the system alignments and the table, i have no idea what going on there or given it much thnought
If it's working, I think how it feels to you is probably most important - pool is so mental that we each find/invent our own "logic" for it.

pj
chgo

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If it's working, I think how it feels to you is probably most important - pool is so mental that we each find/invent our own "logic" for it.

pj
chgo

OK, now you're starting to borrow my material, lol.

I have said for years and years that pool players ALL create their own reality when it comes to playing pool. We all have our pet tricks, concepts, and techniques that work *for us* because of our idiosyncratic visualizations and mechanics.

A problem only arises when one guy (Stan) tries to insist that his reality works for everyone.

No, it doesn't.

Lou Figueroa

Scarlett0Hara

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
OK, now you're starting to borrow my material, lol.

I have said for years and years that pool players ALL create their own reality when it comes to playing pool. We all have our pet tricks, concepts, and techniques that work *for us* because of our idiosyncratic visualizations and mechanics.

A problem only arises when one guy (Stan) tries to insist that his reality works for everyone.

No, it doesn't.

Lou Figueroa

Well I see know reason why anyone can't make his system work unless they have some kind of learning disability, etc ... people are set in their ways, don't like change, are comfortable with what they use, or have issues with stan, etc