Ghostball

ghostball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey, Everybody,

I got a little bug on and want to buy one of my old cues back. I won my first two world championships with it and it has my name in the butt cap. So, I am reaching out to anyone who might know the person that bought the cue. Can anyone help me?

Thanks,
Ray

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Aloha Ray,

Hope you find your cue and win a couple more with it.

I'm sure it's readily identifiable by your name on it, but for those of us who may have never seen it, could you tell us who made it and what it looked like?

A picture would be nice, too.

Best of luck.

Last edited:

ghostball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Aloha Ray,

Hope you find your cue and win a couple more with it.

I'm sure it's readily identifiable by your name on it, but for those of us who may have never seen it, could you tell us who made it and what it looked like?

A picture would be nice, too.

Best of luck.

I wish I could, but do not have any photo's to post, the only photo of the cue is when I won the World 14.1 championship in California at the table 1974 was made by Bushka
it was sold by a friend of mine a long time ago.
Ray

Z-Nole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is it one of the ones Steve Price sold for you Ray? Have you checked with him? He's been tough to get a hold of lately.

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I wish I could, but do not have any photo's to post, the only photo of the cue is when I won the World 14.1 championship in California at the table 1974 was made by Bushka
it was sold by a friend of mine a long time ago.
Ray

Once again, I hope you find it.

I had Richard Black make me a cue back in 1978 and I sold it later. I never won any world championships, but I played the best pool of my life with it. I wish I could get it back, too.

With all the cue collectors on here, I'm sure somebody knows somebody who knows somebody who knows who has your cue.

Keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Aloha

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i don't know how to find yours but you can borrow mine for
as long as you want

I have a very nice Balabushka with a brass joint and Hoppe ring in perfect shape

nothing would make me happier than to get a picture of you playing with my Balabushka

Your book,the 99 Shots is the only pool book I ever understood,it was practical

I am not ashamed to admit that you were my pool idol and i consider it a pleasure to send you a Balabushka

feel free to put your name on mine if you like

Jack Breit told me the brass joints were the best ever. Jack AKA Jersey Red I am sure you played him
your opinion would please me In fact if I remember your Balabushka had a brass joint like mine

Mine has Burton Spain Points,I know you will like it

I can even send it in a nice case

Dean Campbell
214 477 7323

Last edited:

ghostball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That is my cue I sold to a friend of mine many years ago, the one I am looking for has my name on the bottom.
Ray Martin

ghostball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thank you very much. That is very generous of you, but I do want to get my old cue back.
Thanks again,
Ray

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Can I ask why you sold these historical pieces in the first place? Ignore if it's personal.

I can't recall if I've posted at you but it is nice to know who you are lol. The 99 shots book is one of the first pool texts I got my hands on. Great stuff. :thumbup2:

PoolFan101

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was going to Suggest the Glenn Family also , They have the largest Balabushka collection and If they don't have I am sure they would know who does.

forabeer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Attachments

• ray_case.jpg
    ray_case.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 268

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I already called the GlennFamily,actually my friend Denny Glenn
He does not have or know who has the cue if itis the one he thinks
that Ray won that tournament with

Denny knows Ray and says he is proud to have a few items of Rays for proud display.

Hesaid no collection would be complete without several pieces,pictures to remember a talent like Ray Martin

Healso thought the 99 Shots was the best pool book ever