YOUR highest run outs or other records at Pool?

Highest number of racks I ran out during a 9-Ball match

• Total voters

snucar

World Snucar Champion
Silver Member
Angry B player hanging with a bunch of malakas. LOL.

NO WONDER you've never put a package together.

:D

Not angry at all, just amused. I did run a 4 pack ONCE, but I definitely have a better record with souvlaki, a brilliant 10 pack!!!:D

SUPERSTAR

I am Keyser Söze
Silver Member
Not angry at all, just amused. I did run a 4 pack ONCE, but I definitely have a better record with souvlaki, a brilliant 10 pack!!!:D

Maybe the handicapping system is off in Greece.
Maybe your a C and don't know it.
:eek:

But that's ok.
Sure, Ekonomopoulos had a good run at WPM the one year, but Greece is hardly a high end pool country when compared to the rest of the world. Maybe you just haven't been exposed to it.:D

Just like the Greek soccer team will never win the World Cup. EVER.
Maybe Greek pool is also lacking.:rolleyes:

Speaking of souvlaki, what a great idea.
Gonna go gets some with a side of tiropitakia

snucar

World Snucar Champion
Silver Member
Maybe the handicapping system is off in Greece.
Maybe your a C and don't know it.
:eek:

But that's ok.
You're right. What does Eko know about rating players? I should listen to you more.

Sure, Ekonomopoulos had a good run at WPM the one year, but Greece is hardly a high end pool country when compared to the rest of the world. Maybe you just haven't been exposed to it.:D

You don't follow much the world pool scene, do you? There's only a handful of countries superior to Greece in the world and USA is not one of them. SVB aside, there's no American pool player that comes off as favorite against Ekonomopoulos or even Kazakis. Not bad for a country of only 10 million people. Wouldn't you say?

Just like the Greek soccer team will never win the World Cup. EVER.
Maybe Greek pool is also lacking.:rolleyes:

Does the opinion of an American on soccer even count? lol ...For your information, we've won the Euro Cup in 2004.

Last edited:

SUPERSTAR

I am Keyser Söze
Silver Member
You're right. What does Eko know about rating players? I should listen to you more.

You don't follow much the world pool scene, do you? There's only a handful of countries superior to Greece in the world and USA is not one of them. SVB aside, there's no American pool player that comes off as favorite against Ekonomopoulos or even Kazakis. Not bad for a country of only 10 million people. Wouldn't you say?

Does the opinion of an American on soccer even count? lol ...For your information, we've won the Euro Cup in 2004.

Spoken like a true greek ethnocentric. Lol.

al-capool

Imagine all the people...
Silver Member
Dam... I did it again; I posted twice! I'm real sorry

Sorry, I ran out the same post 2 times in a row!

Last edited:

al-capool

Imagine all the people...
Silver Member
No amateur can hit 9 racks in a row on a 9" table?

Jealousy? Nope, more like reality. I've been around way too long and with plenty of pros to know that no amateur can hit 9 racks in a row, even if Jesus Christ Himself came down to help him. But I do enjoy your stories!:thumbup:

Hi snucar,
I absolutely agree to your statement,
Just an example:
Dimitri Jungo, who's by far the best Swiss Semi-Proffesional Poolplayer and a very good friend of mine, told me that he ran out once in his lifetime 11 racks of 9-Ball in a row on a 9" Table!
While he was practising alone in the empty Poolhall of his Uncle!

During a match he NEVER made more than 9 racks in a row and he's playing like a PRO!

Some info about Dimitri Jungo (For those who never heard about him before)
36 or 37 times Swiss Champion Cat. Men, Former Junior World Champion, Former European Champion at 14-1 Cat. Men, Still youngest Winner of an Eurotour, Best Word Championship Rank Cat. Men till now: 5th, Best WPA Ranking till now 9th, etc.

When you want to add one more of these "wouldlovetomake" records, you should maybe think twice about your REAL highest number of racks of 9-Ball you ever ran out, before you vote! JMO

But I still also enjoy "most" of these Pool fairy tales!

Very kind regards from Switzerland, Roberto

SUPERSTAR

I am Keyser Söze
Silver Member
Although I will say another thing.
I thing the advent of the soft break has also reduced the number of packages overall.

How many illegal breaks were there on the feature table at the U.S. Open?
20-25 years ago, you would have NEVER seen an illegal break.
Instead of people specifically trying to make only the 1 ball or the wing ball, you had them SMASHING THE DAYLIGHTS out of the rack so that not only would the wing ball go, but others did as well.
Much different then today's breaks.

I guess Dimitri Jungo doesn't have the right stuff either.;)

Neil

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jealousy? Nope, more like reality. I've been around way too long and with plenty of pros to know that no amateur can hit 9 racks in a row, even if Jesus Christ Himself came down to help him. But I do enjoy your stories!:thumbup:

Well, I don't know how low you are rating people as pros, but over here in the states, many amateurs have run over 9 racks in a row. I've had a ten pack put on me, and I know of two other guys where one started with a 10 pack, and when his opponent got to the table he put down an 11 pack. Now, this was on a bar table, but some seem to think it is harder to run a pack on a smaller table because of the clusters. Some think it is easier.

As others have stated, what is ludicrous, is you and the op flat out stating that we are liars just because you can't do it and haven't yet seen it done. And, what is sad, is that even after having it explained to you several different ways of how it can be accomplished, you still have zero understanding of what it takes to do it, so you just dismiss it as impossible.

And, it's surprising that you find it incredulous that on a forum of 10,000 or so people, 50+ have stated that they have run at least a 3 pack. I find it amazing that ONLY 50+ people have run a 3 pack or more. 3 packs are no big deal over here among those that can play a little.

SUPERSTAR

I am Keyser Söze
Silver Member
It's always this way Neil.
Every time a poll like this comes up. People who have never done it or witnessed it from their top guys, it's not possible.

Funny how people are.

IF THIS GUY DIDN'T DO IT (and he's my hero, i worship him, and want to bear his children) NOBODY RATED LOWER THAN HIM CAN DO IT!

So far, you have Greece and Switzerland on this list in this thread.

Last edited:

Poolmanis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I had to pleasure been 14.1 Finnish Champs week ago and we had again "amateur"
Finnish champ. We had matches to 100 points at 32 cup. Our champion started sunday with safety battle and he did take -1 intentionally. After he got shot he ran 101 out. Next game he ran 100 and out from another player break.
Amateurs are better sometimes than you believe. Life and all comes sometimes between playing pool professionally.
I´ve seen this champion played 9-ball at near 2000 8-cup 9-0 no misses, semifinal 9-1. 1 miss he tried, AND Final 9-0 no misses. I´ve been shut out from competition with 8-pack more than once. Always those packs did come from amateur player.
Good amateur players can be pro speed sometimes(and maybe more than sometimes) but pro players consistency is what amateur players are LF. I count myself with those amateur players who can play pro speed but too rarely to be actually pro.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well, I'm a Greek malaka form the States, and running racks on the local level happens every day.

My best is 3 racks of 9 ball on a 9' GC I think 15 yrs ago, when I was way worse than I am now (I still suck bad, lol). To suggest that local B and higher players can't run 5 racks, or even 10 once in their lifetime, is just not reality. Sure, it does not happen every day. But it happens.

Every mid B player I know has run at least 5 rack.
The A and higher are 7 or more.

These are all local guys no one has ever heard of.

In contrast, sometimes a top pro might not have a super high run. You would think if a local can run 7 or 8, a top pro should have a high run of 20. But as others have pointed out, a lot of this comes down to luck, and getting a shot on the break. One example, I think the last time this topic came about, was I believe Busty. Someone asked him what his high run was, and he said 7 racks. Now, you know that doesn't make sense, but that's the way luck and odds go. (I might be wrong that it was Busty, but it was definitely another TOP TOP TOP pro, the same level as him).

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Forgot to put my high runs:
9 ball friendly match: 3 racks on a 9' GC
14.1 practice: 30 on a 9' GC, 43 on a 7' Diamond
9 ball ghost: Beat him 7-3 on a 9' GC

I put my speed at low B now.

Neil

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well, I'm a Greek malaka form the States, and running racks on the local level happens every day.

My best is 3 racks of 9 ball on a 9' GC I think 15 yrs ago, when I was way worse than I am now (I still suck bad, lol). To suggest that local B and higher players can't run 5 racks, or even 10 once in their lifetime, is just not reality. Sure, it does not happen every day. But it happens.

Every mid B player I know has run at least 5 rack.
The A and higher are 7 or more.

These are all local guys no one has ever heard of.

In contrast, sometimes a top pro might not have a super high run. You would think if a local can run 7 or 8, a top pro should have a high run of 20. But as others have pointed out, a lot of this comes down to luck, and getting a shot on the break. One example, I think the last time this topic came about, was I believe Busty. Someone asked him what his high run was, and he said 7 racks. Now, you know that doesn't make sense, but that's the way luck and odds go. (I might be wrong that it was Busty, but it was definitely another TOP TOP TOP pro, the same level as him).

As has already been stated, a pro is much more likely to play safe in a tough situation than an amateur is. Thereby limiting their high packages. The amateur, if he feels like it's going good, will take that tough bank shot, or half masse' shot, or real thin cut, just to "keep it going" while it lasts.

Poolmanis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As has already been stated, a pro is much more likely to play safe in a tough situation than an amateur is. Thereby limiting their high packages. The amateur, if he feels like it's going good, will take that tough bank shot, or half masse' shot, or real thin cut, just to "keep it going" while it lasts.

Yes. This is what really happens. I agree with Neil: Pros play with percentages.
Efren went amateur mode 1999 semifinal against Bustamante and we got one of best packages on video.. You hardly see Efren take wild banks but then he did.

snucar

World Snucar Champion
Silver Member
Well, I don't know how low you are rating people as pros, but over here in the states, many amateurs have run over 9 racks in a row. I've had a ten pack put on me, and I know of two other guys where one started with a 10 pack, and when his opponent got to the table he put down an 11 pack.
Wow, you guys over there must be head and shoulders above us here in Europe, because amateurs here can never even dream running 9 racks in a row like MANY of you guys do over there. Impressive stuff, folks!!!

As others have stated, what is ludicrous, is you and the op flat out stating that we are liars just because you can't do it and haven't yet seen it done. And, what is sad, is that even after having it explained to you several different ways of how it can be accomplished, you still have zero understanding of what it takes to do it, so you just dismiss it as impossible.

Telling or explaining some story/fantasy is one thing, proving it is another. I could talk out of my butt all day too, you know.

Player

I'm your huckleberry
Silver Member
Wow, you guys over there must be head and shoulders above us here in Europe, because amateurs here can never even dream running 9 racks in a row like MANY of you guys do over there. Impressive stuff, folks!!!

Telling or explaining some story/fantasy is one thing, proving it is another. I could talk out of my butt all day too, you know.

Don't worry, I'm sure that with your population growth lately pool will gain in popularity over there. After all, those migrants will need something to do while they're waiting on their welfare checks.:)