Your Favorite Wrapless Player

twal

"W"
Silver Member
I currently shoot with a Schon wrapless.
Always looking to upgrade and try new cues... Anyone recommend a different builder for my next wrapless.

branpureza

Ginacue
Silver Member
My lifetime player. The best playing cue I've ever had.

A Ginacue of course ;)

photo5_zpsb60ddca3.jpg

nick serdula

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Freys,Southwest and Scruggs Cues

Here are a couple.

Nick :)

Attachments

• 9beans.jpg
    9beans.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 672
Last edited:

Pidge

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
John Parris 1 piece snooker cue. Ebony butt, ash shaft and a 10.8 mm tip. It was my fathers snooker cue from the mid 80's and handed over to me in 1999. I used it purely for snooker until around 2 years ago. Tried it out on the pool table and it was bliss. I rarely use it now though, I'm never going to have such a cue again so I try keeping it off the tables.

KCRack'em

I'm not argumentative!!!!
Silver Member
The first cue I owned was wrapless: a one-piece Dufferin. It never crossed my mind to keep it when I bought a Viking in 1989 or early 1990. To think what that money could have bought if I had known anything about custom cues, but I digress.

When I bought my first custom wrapless cue, I probably could have made a much better investment. It was 2003 and I bought a Zac cue (Zachow). I chose it based on aesthetics. It is pretty! I still have this one and I generally prefer wrapless. I think it's because the feel in my hand is consistent no matter the conditions. I've been told the same is true of EE wraps, and I have my first one and another on the way. If it must have a wrap, I like bison. I think bison is a lot of bang for your buck.

Wrapless cues I currently own: a pair of Sly cues, one merry widow and one from a Davis blank; a Blackcreek merry widow; a McDaniels shop cue; two PFDs; and my aforementioned Zac

Buzzard II

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have to say since my post from last year the Schon has been replaced with a Bob Frey that's now my number one player.

My traveling cue is a McDermott M11B, it rides in a Prather aluminum tube case on the back of my motorcycle. Anyone that rides long distance should consider that case.