Possible new 314-3 Shaft??

09TBSS3SS

Registered
been poking around waiting for the new 3rd generation 314 Predator shaft to come out and stumbled upon this...may be already posted but didn't see anything..

found it here..http://www.poolcuesexpress.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=9_52

predator-cue-shaft-314-3-US.jpg

Last edited:

railbird99

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They just came out with a brand new shaft called the vantage, but haven't heard anything about a third generation 314.

been poking around waiting for the new 3rd generation 314 Predator shaft to come out and stumbled upon this...may be already posted but didn't see anything..

predator-cue-shaft-314-3-US.jpg

09TBSS3SS

Registered
Ya, I did know they came out with that which is a 12.9mm I believe..I heard the 3rd gen. are supposed to be released begining of April...so I don't know if this is actually it or if it has been PS'd

Rain-Man

Team Deplorable
Silver Member
Yes, Predator just released the 3rd Generation 314 and Z shafts.

They will be shipping to us dealers in the next few days..

kaznj

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Does anyone know anything about the new shafts? When Predator went from the Break Cue to Break 2 they really only changed the tip. Is there anything really new about these new shafts.

I have used Predator products for years. I would buy a new product if there is really any upgrade.
I hope to get some info from Pred at the expo in two weeks.
If I get the scoop from them I will update here.

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Does anyone know anything about the new shafts? When Predator went from the Break Cue to Break 2 they really only changed the tip. Is there anything really new about these new shafts.

I have used Predator products for years. I would buy a new product if there is really any upgrade.
I hope to get some info from Pred at the expo in two weeks.
If I get the scoop from them I will update here.

I wondered that too, and did some searching....

Here if what the predator website says...
Vantage is the thickest, stiffest, strongest, and has the lowest front-end mass of the line-up. That may be suprising, but with the increased strength and spine of our ProV taper, Vantage shafts are stronger, allowing for increased mass reduction at the front-end.

Z-3 is lean, mean and has the most flex. Its smaller diameter paired with V-Tek construction allows for an extremely light front-end and pin-point tip placement. The Z-3, is 4% lighter at the front-end than the Z-2 and is considerably stronger.

314-3 is the all around athlete. Stiffer than a Z-3, but not as stiff as Vantage, the preferred taper and diameter of countless champions is even more accurate than before. With the addition of V-Tek construction, the 314-3 is 3% lighter than the 314-2 at the front-end and even stronger than before.

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Msrp $325 for the 314-3 shaft :eek:

A little steep don't you think?
Not even a Kamui tip...Predator tips installed.

slide13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've never tried a Predator. Wouldn't mind giving them a try but I think they're too expensive these days, especially when the others are made in the US and Predator isn't (not saying there is a quality difference, but I'm usually willing to pay a little extra for US production).

I got my Jacoby Hybrid Edge for a great price and I just can't see paying over $100 more to try the Predator. Maybe an older one on sale but it would still cost more than my Jacoby.

Around $200 seems a reasonable price for a top-end LD shaft. More than that starts to get a little nuts I think.

railbird99

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wow great timing for this thread. Just yesterday I couldn't find anything on predator's website, blog, social media, etc about these new shafts and now it's on their site.

Charlie Hustle

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Reminds me of the old "Mach 20 Razor" video. Went something along the lines of, "Do you think 2 blades works great, how about 3 blades?? Well, Introducing the Mach 20, with 20 blades!!" More power to Predator for great marketing and selling a ton of product (hell I shoot with an original 314 shaft) but when does it end? 314-20!!

Found it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4F7TMlrDXtw

Last edited:

jb1911

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have 2 314v2 and an old original 314. I don't see a lick of difference between the two as far as playability goes. I'm sure not going to run out and spend $300 on a version 3 when I'm perfectly happy with the ones I have.

BTW I love my 314 shafts, I don't see how it could get any better.

Charlie Hustle

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have 2 314v2 and an old original 314. I don't see a lick of difference between the two as far as playability goes. I'm sure not going to run out and spend $300 on a version 3 when I'm perfectly happy with the ones I have.

BTW I love my 314 shafts, I don't see how it could get any better.

I could def tell a difference between the original and the 2. I personally did't like the 2nd generation

edep12

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Reminds me of the old "Mach 27 Razor" video. Went something along the lines of, "Do you think 2 blades works great, how about 3 blades?? Well, Introducing the Mach 27, with 27 blades!!" More power to Predator for great marketing and selling a ton of product (hell I shoot with an original 314 shaft) but when does it end? 314-27!!

Found it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4F7TMlrDXtw

Yeah, they managed to make the Z3 and 314-3 4% and 3% lighter than their respective predecessors for a mere 50% price increase.:wink:

tashworth19191

Pool will make you humble
Silver Member
Only reason I want one is because I wanted to buy a Z-2 shaft and figured I would wait until the Z-3 shaft comes out. I heard a few months ago that the the series 3 was coming out.

I was trying to use the new Vantage shaft, but it is too big and I just was not accurate for me. So I bought a cheap McDermott Intimidator i-3 shaft. It plays well, but I would like the z-3.