Starting treatment on Monday

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Hi Race - Congrats on completing that. I went through RT in 2007. I remember the measurement was 28 GRAY (whatever that means). The nausea medicine they had me on worked perfectly -- but the main side effect was exhaustion. After the last treatment it took me about two weeks or so to feel back to normal.

That is really wonderful what they can do now...you’re 12 years trouble free, I trust.
....my kid sister is about ten years okay now.

I have a friend who lost his father to an ulcer condition that two years after he died was
a minor operation....we’re lucky to live in this era.

Michael Andros

tiny balls, GIANT pockets
Silver Member
That is really wonderful what they can do now...you’re 12 years trouble free, I trust.
....my kid sister is about ten years okay now.

I have a friend who lost his father to an ulcer condition that two years after he died was
a minor operation....we’re lucky to live in this era.

Amen... :yeah:

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have treated hundreds of patients with this type of cancer. It's brutal therapy, especially the last couple weeks and right completing RT. Keep your nutrition up and get as much rest as you can. Know that it is a very treatable disease and in the long run your odds are very good that it stays gone. Be strong.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Gaining weight is a good thing, Michael.....
...’cause if I end up there next winter, I’m gonna need lots of weight.

I aint played for months...the pockets are too small, the music is too loud....:crying:
.....I need the six

Gaining weight is a good thing, Michael.....
...’cause if I end up there next winter, I’m gonna need lots of weight.

I aint played for months...the pockets are too small, the music is too loud....:crying:
.....I need the six[/QUOTE]

I got cancer... you got the six.

I got the nuts.

BET IT UP. :slap:

Upon further perusal of the situation....I need the tie 7 with that 6.

Michael Andros

Silver Member
I have treated hundreds of patients with this type of cancer. It's brutal therapy, especially the last couple weeks and right completing RT. Keep your nutrition up and get as much rest as you can. Know that it is a very treatable disease and in the long run your odds are very good that it stays gone. Be strong.

Thanks, Doc, I'm trying! :D

But, hey... you're supposed to say "Your attitude is worth a million dollars..."

I need the $$$!

:grin::grin::grin:

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
I have not read the thread nor your particular situation. I just wanted to convey that "they" have known for more than 7 decades that cells that have mutated into being cancerous do not survive in a body that is on the Alkaline Side of ph balanced. They need an acidic body. I recently spoke with an older gentleman at the hall who had recently finished his treatments. When I started to tell him about the above, he told me that his Dr. said that he is one of the lucky ones & that his Dr. has him on a program to keep him on the Alkaline Side. You may want to ask your Dr. about it... AND do some research for yourself. All doctors do not know everything.

Best Wishes & a Prayer Said.

Last edited:

Michael Andros

Silver Member
I have not read the thread nor your particular situation. I just wanted to convey that "they have known for more than 7 decades that cells that have mutated into being cancerous do not survive in a body that is on the Alkaline Side of ph balanced. They need an acidic body. I recently spoke with an older gentleman at the hall who had recently finished his treatments. When I started to tell him about the above, he told me that his Dr. said that he is one of the lucky ones & that his Dr. has him on a program to keep on the Alkaline Side. You may want to ask your Dr. about it... AND do some research for yourself. All doctors do not know everything.

Best Wishes & a Prayer Said.

Info appreciated and thank you.

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
Michael, I don't know much about it but you sure seem to have an alkaline attitude. :thumbup:

Keep positive and continue pushing through.

Last edited:

Michael Andros

Silver Member
Another looonngggggg day. Left home at 615am, got home at 8pm. Today was the 5th chemo. Met with my chemo oncologist and he said because my lab ( blood ) #s are borderline, it's very possible there will be no 6th chemo next Monday but if so, I've had "200" ( code for dosage ) in 5 sessions, so I'm good. They recommend 6 but 5 is safe. Sooooooo.... time will tell but I may be through the chemo.

8 Radiation sessions left. Then, 4 months recovery. Will most likely have the feeding tube for another 2 months or so. I'm beginning to see a light at the end of the tunnel.

Glory be.

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
Alvin Lee, Ten Years After;

"Going Home."

Hope all is good.

Wow, there's a blast from the past...:cool:

Michael, may your days begin getting better from today.

Thank you for keeping us all posted. I like the idea that you will be able to refer to this as a journal for many years to come.

best,
brian kc

Michael Andros

Silver Member
Wow, there's a blast from the past...:cool:

Michael, may your days begin getting better from today.

Thank you for keeping us all posted. I like the idea that you will be able to refer to this as a journal for many years to come.

best,
brian kc

Thanks, Brian. Yeah, getting close. Looking forward to this being over.