Did anyone try out the crazy fake chineese Predator cues?

Straightpool_99

I see dead balls
Silver Member
Here is an example of such:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Arrival...c79c5a1&pid=100033&rk=1&rkt=8&sd=252782443263

BEFORE YOU GIVE YOUR ANSWER:
1. I'm not planning on buying any of these cues. I have bought plenty of the real thing in the past.
2. I do not condone/support fake products

All I want to know is if you tried one of them. What was the quality like? I see products like this pop up all the time, and someone must surely be buying them. It's a question asked from a standpoint of curiousity, not a sinister plot to distribute fake Predator cues and take over the world of pool retail. A friend of mine once bought a fake golf club bag from China, and he said it was actually better than the real deal (he has both and was able to compare them side by side)! I'm no expert on golf equipment, so I'll have to take his word for it. Obviously this cue may not have the technology of the real thing, but maybe it's good (I actually don't really like the BK3, I sold mine almost immidiately).

I see a lot of these fake cues of various "Brands" pop up. Most of them have the "Fury" type joint, but these actually have Uni-Lock. I'm guessing maybe they are comparable to a Fury in quality, ok not great?

Last edited:

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
LOL!

Saw those. I am curious how bad...or how good they might be.

Somebody must have had their hands on one.....

Just idle curiosity....

Agent 99

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is it illegal to do this?
Why would eBay be partners in selling counterfeit items?

It is absolutely illegal. They are using Predators logo for crying out loud.

Problem is that no one in China cares. It would not surprise me if the same out fit that makes Predator actually made these knock offs.

As for E Bay ... I don't know if they share any liability. This is the real problem with buying anything on E Bay. No one in their right mind would buy a Swiss Watch on E Bay because of this type of nonsense.

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Knock offs have put some US companies out of business. Literally.

One I can think of is Miller & Kriesel. They had so many warranty claims from Chinese knock offs years ago that their reputation faltered and ultimately they went out of business. They were a legendary high end speaker company. They are open again but are not what they were.

For those that don't know, they invented the sub/satellite speaker system. It wasn't Bose. Bose is actually crap IMHO. Many professional sound studios and sound stages were designed by M&K.

I have a sealed enclosure vintage M&K sub. It is, in a word, astounding. It makes the various subs we commonly hear seem like toys, which they are IMHO.

All that aside, I am curious if anybody has had one of these cues in their hands and what they thought of it.

15cherries

15cherries
Silver Member
Punch your lights out!

It is called a punch and jump cue and says it is listed in boxing and billiards, can someone please post a video or explain a "punch" stroke, I've seen and participated in a lot of punches thrown over a pool game but have never seen anyone punch a pool ball before?

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I worked for a company that sold clothing under its own name...all manufactured in china.

We were told orders would be placed for a million units and the factory would keep the machines running well past that#. As in 200+% past it. No difference in quality in those pieces.

9ballhasbeen

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So Wrong

What a sad state I find the world to be in.

No morality, no humility, ho honesty. A world where many think it's okay to copy, bootleg, steal, pirate, and counterfeit anything.

If you steal movies, you're part of the problem, if you steal internet, you're part of the problem, if you steal ideas, you're part of the problem... If only folks, whether in business, in traffic, or at the pool room would practice the Golden rule and treat others the way they want to be treated.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What a sad state I find the world to be in.

No morality, no humility, ho honesty. A world where many think it's okay to copy, bootleg, steal, pirate, and counterfeit anything.

If you steal movies, you're part of the problem, if you steal internet, you're part of the problem, if you steal ideas, you're part of the problem... If only folks, whether in business, in traffic, or at the pool room would practice the Golden rule and treat others the way they want to be treated.
Easy to say, from the USA.

Many families depend on the black market for groceries.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

One I can think of is Miller & Kriesel. They had so many warranty claims from Chinese knock offs years ago that their reputation faltered and ultimately they went out of business. They were a legendary high end speaker company. They are open again but are not what they were.

For those that don't know, they invented the sub/satellite speaker system. It wasn't Bose. Bose is actually crap IMHO. Many professional sound studios and sound stages were designed by M&K.

I have a sealed enclosure vintage M&K sub. It is, in a word, astounding. It makes the various subs we commonly hear seem like toys, which they are IMHO.

All that aside, I am curious if anybody has had one of these cues in their hands and what they thought of it.

Don't know about their main speakers but the new M&K subs are outstanding. M&K's downfall was definitely aided by the knock-offs but they were in trouble even before that. The new products use ScanSpeak drivers and look to be very well made.

9ballhasbeen

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Easy to say, from the USA.

Many families depend on the black market for groceries.

And that makes it right? if my family wants or needs - I should not respect the rule of law...

"Easy to say from the USA", Where are you from? Are you using the internet technology that the USA pioneered to share your opinion?

I was laid off when the economy tanked in 2009, I didn't sacrifice my morals to pay the bills, I dug deep and found an honest solution, took a huge pay cut, and didn't get what "I wanted" but we didn't go hungry either.

I assure you the person that owns whatever factory those counterfeits are being produced in, doesn't need the groceries.... :angry:

eBay and Amazon sell tons of counterfeit stuff...

They do not sell the illegal stuff, it is the sellers who sell the stuff. Trust me when I say that as soon as a copyright owner notifies ebay for example, the sellers listing or listings will get removed and the seller will get a warning to stop selling those items.

That was a very interested read, and very sad about the company who went out of business because of the Chinese knock offs.

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Don't know about their main speakers but the new M&K subs are outstanding. M&K's downfall was definitely aided by the knock-offs but they were in trouble even before that. The new products use ScanSpeak drivers and look to be very well made.

They are well made. They are indeed great speakers.

But in the downfall all their equipment and stock of parts got sold off. They sort of "lost their heritage" in a way.

I didn't mean to imply that the new M&K aren't any good...just not what they were as a company.

Yes, they were in trouble before that. The knock off were maybe the straw that broke the camel's back.