Accu-Stats is on sale again!

dmgwalsh

Straight Pool Fanatic
Silver Member
good vids

http://issuu.com/accu-stats/docs/issuu2010cas
Could you name those 14.1 matches that definitely deserve attention? Matthews-West and Mizerak-Archer are typed in bigger font, maybe for a good reason? Please recommend those gems you might know about.

Dick Lane johnny archer player review
Dallas West Mike Zuglan
Grady Mathews Pat Fleming double player review
Zuglan Martin
STrickland Ervolino
Rempe Lisciotti
Sigel West

What the heck. Buy them all.

Vahmurka

...and I get all da rolls
Silver Member
Bill did you misspell West and Lisciotti? ;) Ah, you meant Lipsky and Barouty!

Dennis, thanks for your note. I didn't notice PR letters next to some videos, which (player reviews) I would like to have more. Made a list of 14 titles for myself! I hope I'm not the only one who didn't possess these matches yet :eek:

dmgwalsh

Straight Pool Fanatic
Silver Member
Dennis, thanks for your note. I didn't notice PR letters next to some videos, which (player reviews) I would like to have more. Made a list of 14 titles for myself! I hope I'm not the only one who didn't possess these matches yet :eek:

It didn't say player review and it probably should have because that is usually a good selling point. I just happened to know about the Grady/Pat match because I watched it so much, and the Dick Lane commentary on his match with Archer where Dick had a nice "Latimeresque" run. (That means he found some dead ones to bail him out). The West/Zuglan is a must just to see Dallas West at his smoothest. Ervolino puts an 80 on Earl and then runs out of gas. Earl is at his churlish best accusing the referee of moving one of the balls and then acting kind of arrogant in the post game interview. Rempe Lisciotti is a classic with good commentary by Danny D. Lots of funny stories and you get to see the King in good form and Lisciotti who was quite a talent and quite a character.

Get some and Enjoy!

I just succumbed to the temptation and ordered all of them.

Last edited:

Vahmurka

...and I get all da rolls
Silver Member
thanks again Dennis, I couldn't have asked for a better overview.
I just succumbed to the temptation and ordered all of them.
I was thinking you already have them all? Or you do but decided to switch to dvd from vhs?

strtshtr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for the heads up Vahmurka.

I called in to order a half dozen of the DVD's, ended up having a very nice conversation with Pat Fleming, and orderered three additional matches that he recommended.

Received them yesterday and have already watched two of them: Zuglan-Murphy (player review) and Rempe-Reyes, both of which I recommend.

Thanks again,
Jim

dmgwalsh

Straight Pool Fanatic
Silver Member
dvds

thanks again Dennis, I couldn't have asked for a better overview.
I was thinking you already have them all? Or you do but decided to switch to dvd from vhs?

I had most of them but I had converted them myself from vhs to dvd and some of the video was shaky. Pat said they had the masters and were making
the dvds from the masters so I wanted some better quality dvds. For the price and to help support Pat.

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Oliver Ortmann player review and Schmidt player review are good. Last year's finals Cohen vs Immonen was also good.

dmgwalsh

Straight Pool Fanatic
Silver Member
Re Release of 14.1 Classics

Oliver Ortmann player review and Schmidt player review are good. Last year's finals Cohen vs Immonen was also good.

You are 100% right, but....

This thread is about some old 14.1 matches that have finally been converted to video by Pat and are now available in a better format and a higher quality. I just received mine today.

http://issuu.com/accu-stats/docs/issuu2010cas/1?mode=a_p

Last edited: