Full Splice Cues

ridewiththewind

♥ Hippie Hustler ♥
Silver Member
Here is an example of a cue that was completed from a blank that Jeff Prather built for me last fall:

josey1-2.jpg

Lisa

Last edited:

lukemindish

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Im surprised nobody has mentioned Travis from Blackcreek. He makes one of the best full splice cues out there. I know because i have one:thumbup:

leehayes

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've owned 3 davis fullsplice cues...2 shot fantastic one shot poorly. They were blanked and redone by makers so I'm sure it was the two makers who made them nice. Scott Gracio and Bryan Mordt were the good ones.
However...the best shooting fullsplice I've ever shot with was without a doubt a Jeff Prather.

ridewiththewind

♥ Hippie Hustler ♥
Silver Member
I've owned 3 davis fullsplice cues...2 shot fantastic one shot poorly. They were blanked and redone by makers so I'm sure it was the two makers who made them nice. Scott Gracio and Bryan Mordt were the good ones.
However...the best shooting fullsplice I've ever shot with was without a doubt a Jeff Prather.

That's pretty strong, Lee. Both Prather blanked cues I have are fantastic players as well. It was because the first one I got felt and played so well, that I had Jeff build me the tulipwood blank pictured in the cue I previously posted above.

Because I need cash flow badly right now, this one will likely need to be sold :(:

allersfull.jpg

Lisa

Gmanpoke

Banned
Another option for a full splice cue would be find a Titlest cue and have a conversion done. There are several quality cue builders who would complete this for you.

Just an alternative.

Steven

Runnintable

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jeff Prather

I own a beautiful Jeff Prather full splice cue.
It is my player and probably will be for a long long time!!!

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
Hmmm

I might be mistaken but I thought Joel Hercek built full spice cues?

Yes, you are correct. He was friends with Burton Spain, who then trained and sold Joel his equipment before he passed away in the early 90's.
But there is a 7 year plus waiting list to get one. I've been waiting 5 years already. But, why not! Wouldn't anyone wait for a Bushka, or many other master craftsmans if they were still alive? Well, Joel has built some monster cues in his career, and most likley why you rarely see too many Herceks on the used market!!

rayjay

some of the kids
Silver Member
Here's a great Mark Bear full-splice blank, bocote into birdseye, converted by Joe Callaluca, that I have for sale: http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=189793
Mark Bear will also make veneered blanks for you if that's what you want. I also have a cue made by John Davis. These two guys are the nuts. I know because I played them. :p

cuecollection

Here are a few pictures of beautiful cue that John Davis and Tim Prince made for me –
John worked with Burton Spain and made some of the Balabushka blanks.

I had John make the blank from my specs - I wanted him to build a cue that showcased the full-splice construction technique. I convinced him I wanted not one, but three full splices built into the cue. Full spliced blanks are getting rare as manufacturers want to do everything with CNC machining.

Tim Prince did a great job of finishing the cue - highly recommended.

Cue is maple and ebony, veneers and ring work are Titleist colors.
Inlays are Ivory and butt and collar are black horn.

Unfortunately, John passed away not too long ago.......

Attachments

• Davis - Prince - 1.JPG
    Davis - Prince - 1.JPG
    198.8 KB · Views: 146
  • Davis - Prince - 2.JPG
    Davis - Prince - 2.JPG
    174.4 KB · Views: 151
  • Davis - Prince - 3.JPG
    Davis - Prince - 3.JPG
    181.1 KB · Views: 150
  • Davis - Prince - 4.JPG
    Davis - Prince - 4.JPG
    187.7 KB · Views: 140

CJH

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was told Joel Hercek stopped making full splice over a year or two ago. Don't know for sure.

Maniac

2manyQ's
Silver Member
Here are a few pictures of beautiful cue that John Davis and Tim Prince made for me –
John worked with Burton Spain and made some of the Balabushka blanks.

I had John make the blank from my specs - I wanted him to build a cue that showcased the full-splice construction technique. I convinced him I wanted not one, but three full splices built into the cue. Full spliced blanks are getting rare as manufacturers want to do everything with CNC machining.

Tim Prince did a great job of finishing the cue - highly recommended.

Cue is maple and ebony, veneers and ring work are Titleist colors.
Inlays are Ivory and butt and collar are black horn.

Unfortunately, John passed away not too long ago.......

That is one beautiful cue.

Greenies sent for the great pics.

Maniac