Kamui chalk version 1.21 is awesome!

RunoutJJ

Professional Banger
Silver Member
I'd just like to point out that I didn't even consider getting it until a friend of mine, you may have heard of him, Louis Ulrich, was playing with it and I asked him about and he said he loved it, at least he loved it a lot more than their tips.

And most people who know my game would refrain from calling me a banger too...

Jaden

Thats nice bro.. I have a friend named Bucky, Amar, Williams brothers, Max Eberle and MANY other shit fire players that plays pretty sporty :rolleyes: The whole banger comment wasnt direct at you in particular but now maybe it was...

What was mentioned before about being able to apply more SPIN to the cue ball may be true but is it necessary?? Last time I checked when you are playing exceptionable pool you dont need to travel that far from center ball. Well you do if you're a banger thats for sure ;) :lol:
Honestly

TheNewSharkster

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This topic got me thinking. I recently got a Kamui medium tip and it is REALLY hard. I bet Kamui chalk was made because Kamui tips are so fricken hard.

SpinDoctor

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What was mentioned before about being able to apply more SPIN to the cue ball may be true but is it necessary?? Last time I checked when you are playing exceptionable pool you dont need to travel that far from center ball. Well you do if you're a banger thats for sure ;) :lol:
Honestly

It's more about knowing that you have the shot in your arsenal if it ever comes up. What do I know though, I'm just a banger...

DogsPlayingPool

"What's in your wallet?"
Silver Member
I have to hand it to them, Kamui's marketing is unbelievable and they've out done themselves with the chalk. Besides creating a buzz around a $30 cube of chalk they have now instilled the need for existing customers to upgrade every time they come out with a new version.

:bow-down::bow-down::bow-down:

Chadk

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's funny how a $25 cube of chalk that actually does even better than it's advertised to do, and has so far pleased everybody who has actually made the effort to try it, stirs up all kinds of controversy over the price...

But when sombody shows up with an overpriced $3000 custom cue, that doesn't play any better than a $500 production cue and does nothing for one's game, that only stirs admiration.

True Dat!:thumbup:

Mikjary

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have to hand it to them, Kamui's marketing is unbelievable and they've out done themselves with the chalk. Besides creating a buzz around a $30 cube of chalk they have now instilled the need for existing customers to upgrade every time they come out with a new version.

:bow-down::bow-down::bow-down:

It even has numbers like Windows updates! J/K They have a strategy and it's working. Maybe this is a chalk bubble and it will crash. :cool:

Best,
Mike

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
I resisted buying a cube for quite some time. Its not that $25 is going to break me, it was the principle of paying that much for a piece.

I shaped and scuffed the tip. One the first night of trying it, I went as far as
2 racks without chalking. Considering all the misses, that was a lot more than 30 shots. Haha.

I let a few players try it out also, only after wiping the tip and scuffing.
Many came to the same conclusion that they weren't getting the same action or feel toward the end of the game. Fair enuff, right?

I do like to chalk as part of my PSR. It was rather easy to get my head around not chalking. I decided that I would just trust the chalk and not fret.

On ocassion I would steal a glance at the tip. I decided that the best plan was to use one chalking per game. After each game, I would look at the tip. Some times, it looked like I hadn't used the cue and felt I could play another game without chalking. Other times, I could see a little round divot on the tip where the chalk was missing.

I can count on both hands, maybe just one, the number of times I might mis cue per season of league play so mis cueing is not an issue with me.

I do have Blue Diamond, Russian Magic and enuff Pre Flag to last a life time of playing. With any of those, I can easily take 3 to 4 shots without chalking too.

Now, the claims that the Kamui chalk sticks to the cue ball better, less squirt etc. If you feel that is what is happening then great. I am making the same shots with Kamui as I do with any of the 3 brands of chalk that I use.

Obviously no matter how many shots one can take on one chalking may vary depending on a few factors during a game. At some point, the chalk will wear thin. But, you can't tell so how do you know until you do an Oops shot.

I think when I am at the table, I want to be darn sure I have lots of chalk on the tip.

Last night league, I chalked every shot. Even with chalking every shot, that cube of Kamui will last you a long time. But then so will a cube of Pre Flag for $2.

Its no big deal, if you feel that $25 is ok to spend on a piece of chalk ( I did ) and it brings your game up that much to justify the cost, have fun with it. Up to last year, players from bangers to pros got along just fine with what they had.

This will be the first and last piece I buy. Now if Kamui were to market it a little more smarter, as in $10 a cube, they would probably have life long uses. At $25, how many are going to try it just once and thats it?

I know that if it were more reasonable, as in 10 a cube, I would have no problem using it and chalking after every shot.

I believe it will only be a matter of time before this product will be knocked off and the result will be a reasonable facsimile, the end result being the end of Kamui chalk, at least at $25 a pop it will be.

mrinsatiable

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
OK..it would be nice to hear any feedback from someone who actually used the 1.21 version. Hopefully somebody picked one up from the SBE to let us know.

Snapshot9

son of 3 leg 1 eye dog ..
Silver Member
Chalk

I can buy a box of Masters (12 in a box) for $3, or a .25 a cube. Somehow, I don't think Kamui chalk is a 100 times better than Masters.

rich337

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i have the 0.98 and it makes to much mess i wont use it on my home table if i go out ill use it on there table

abs

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You are painting with a broad stroke. Several people have tried it out, including me that did not think there was enough of a difference in performance compared to Masters or Blue Diamond to warrant the additional cost.

Fair enough, and point taken; I should not have used the word "everybody". That aside, I think my point is still legitimate though. I would hope the people who are exceptions know that they are the exceptions.

That being said, I think it's pretty fair by any standard to say that the point I and a few others have made about proportionality of people's reactions to the price of this chalk is clearly legitimate. There are some serious "haters" for this chalk.

Of course we are talking about small numbers here, so none of what I am saying is scientific. I'm sure there are some who have read the threads and comments but don't even care the slightest bit one way or the other, or at least not enough to post.

In the end I just find the negative reactions that are posted about the chalk humorous. It amazes me that people react in a way which seems to appear that they are actually offended at the price of the chalk. If they bought it, found out it was a relabled cube of Masters chalk... That's a pretty good reason for offense, but nothing like that is going on here.

Personally, I'm curious to try the chalk because I like to try new stuff, but I'm also resistant to change at the same time, in my habits at least... I prefer my Masters because I know it, and I like to chalk after every shot because it's just part of my pre-shot-routine and a stress reliever, and I don't care to change that part of my routine.

poolhustler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'd just like to point out that I didn't even consider getting it until a friend of mine, you may have heard of him, Louis Ulrich, was playing with it and I asked him about and he said he loved it, at least he loved it a lot more than their tips.

And most people who know my game would refrain from calling me a banger too...

Jaden

Banger~!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

Luxury

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Honestly[/QUOTE]

Doesn't matter how well you play. When your opponent misses and LEAVES you a shot that requires you to travel far from center for shape you better be prepared.

Reminds me of the guys that say they try to "stay away from banks or combos"

Please introduce me to your opponents that never leave you with these shots.