Lessons/Improving your game

randyg

www.randygpool.com
Silver Member
seymore15074 said:
Raise your elbow a little and lower it as your stroke forward with your practice strokes. It's hard to explain. The only benefit is the timing will become obvious. Use a loose wrist and you'll feel when your wrist wants to to forward.

Thanks you....SPF=randyg

randyg

www.randygpool.com
Silver Member
mnShooter said:
Can anyone here name a pro that doesn't drop their elbow?

Let's, just for starters, name Allison Fisher and Karen Corr. Two pro;s that make the highlights every once in a while.....SPF=randyg

bruin70

don't wannabe M0DERATOR
Silver Member
randyg said:
Let's, just for starters, name Allison Fisher and Karen Corr. Two pro;s that make the highlights every once in a while.....SPF=randyg

...and o'sullivan and hendry DO drop their elbow.

Last edited:

seymore15074

So what are you saying?
Silver Member
mnShooter said:
Can anyone here name a pro that doesn't drop their elbow?

That's exactly what I'm talking about... But I'm sure there are plenty that do not when they're playing on brand new cloth, etc. etc... Those tables are so fast they do not need to do more than poke the cue. Get a pro on a slow 9 footer and they'll drop it; you have to have a stroke to get the rock to dance in that case.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
randyg said:
Well, no, not when I was watching. Fisher, like many players I've watched carefully, has two types of standard stroke. In one, the elbow is quite still. In the other, the elbow drops at the end of the stroke by roughly the thickness of the upper arm or a little more. The first kind of stroke is used on soft shots, and the second on power shots.

Perhaps dropping the elbow four or five inches at the end of a power stroke could be described as not dropping the elbow, but I wouldn't.

The top pro I've seen who has very little elbow drop even on power shots is Tony Robles. I think there are a few others. But the vast majority of top players do drop their elbows as described above. Or a lot more in a few cases.