Haas tm-1

Pete Tonkin

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sence other cuemakers are posting pictures of there CNC machines. Here is what I use for inlay work and alot of other operations to build cues.
IMG_0223 resize.jpg

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
Whats that thing with all the buttons on it?
Is it for coffee?

Now I know why Pete can make all those neat little jigs.

CueCaps

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Much Deserved...

You Guys deserve all the credit we can give..
To invest that much money/machinery and time to be proficent in "Getting it
all together".. and, create beautiful cues, that are the essence of the
Art of Cues and Cue Building.

Amazing how that big machine can execute precision machined, fine details that your cues have..

Thanks for posting..

Tommy-D

World's best B player...
Silver Member
Although your's is obviously set up differently,I learned how to run that same model machine at school.

Are you using a sub-spindle of some kind? The one they installed new at the school only went to 4k spindle speed,in fact I edited the default spindle warmup program so it didn't try to run at 10k while putting out 4k for 15 minutes,LOL.

Glad to know Haas can accomodate the needs of cuemakers in such strong fashion,that's practically an all-in-one machine there.

Easy as hell to use too,I was pocketing aluminum,cutting slots and several other things within 2 hours of being handed the manual.

Did you get GibbsCAM too? I talked to a Haas rep that told me they were at least offering a package at one time,and their reps were being taught Gibbs. He compared it to AMD partnering with ATI,with Nvidia teaming up with Intel,in this case MAG/Fadal and Mastercam.

Awesome machine,Tommy D.

Pete Tonkin

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You Guys deserve all the credit we can give..
To invest that much money/machinery and time to be proficent in "Getting it
all together".. and, create beautiful cues, that are the essence of the
Art of Cues and Cue Building.

Amazing how that big machine can execute precision machined, fine details that your cues have..

Thanks for posting..

Thanks for the nice comments Alton. The machine has zero backlash and the NSK spindle has zero runout. The repeatabilty of the machie is no more than
.0004 over the full range of travel 30in X, 12in Y and 16in Z

Pete Tonkin

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Shop

nice machine pete, nice shop also. is that a pole sander next to you??

those things are nice.

Yes that is a pole sander but I hardley ever use it. Here are some more pictures of my shop it is only 14ft X 18ft. When I get a bigger shop one of my goals is to get two more HAAS TM-1.

IMG_0228 (2) resize.jpg

IMG_0229 resize.jpg

Trent

Banned
new shop.. Pfffffffffffffff you can make do with what you got lol

nice looking shop.

did you clean it just for these pics??

mines never that clean.

Pete Tonkin

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Although your's is obviously set up differently,I learned how to run that same model machine at school.

Are you using a sub-spindle of some kind? The one they installed new at the school only went to 4k spindle speed,in fact I edited the default spindle warmup program so it didn't try to run at 10k while putting out 4k for 15 minutes,LOL.

Glad to know Haas can accomodate the needs of cuemakers in such strong fashion,that's practically an all-in-one machine there.

Easy as hell to use too,I was pocketing aluminum,cutting slots and several other things within 2 hours of being handed the manual.

Did you get GibbsCAM too? I talked to a Haas rep that told me they were at least offering a package at one time,and their reps were being taught Gibbs. He compared it to AMD partnering with ATI,with Nvidia teaming up with Intel,in this case MAG/Fadal and Mastercam.

Awesome machine,Tommy D.

Are you using a sub-spindle of some kind? That is a NSK 50K spindle mounted in NSK's cat 40 holder.

Did you get GibbsCAM too? I use Mastercam

The HAAS control is very user friendly and also very powerfull.

Cue Crazy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's some seriously solid looking equipment filling that shop there. full on machine shop. I likes it.:thumbup:

Travis Niklich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Man now you are just showing off. First you come into my home town and steal the show at the ICCS and now this come on give the rest of use a chance. I would have bought a haas but would have to buy the house next door to live in. Not sure I could fit that in a spare bedroom and get it to run off 110