Gold Crown 3 Problem

Dartman

Silver Member
:grin:
And to think if this job had been done in Calif the table would have played great.
At least by Calif standards.
:rolleyes:

realkingcobra

Silver Member
-
-
In the picture of the bottom side of the rail showing the Artemis cushion, has someone replaced wood previously?

Yes, Blatt cut the front of the sub-rail off in order to build out the front of the sub-rail to keep the playing surface at the right spec's and to change the sub-rail bevel to lower down the K66 cushion nose height to 1 7/16" but in the process of this they covered over the capture nut plate cavities with the added wood so there would be no way of removing any of the capture nuts if they ever needed to be repaired. So, to make up for that they counter sunk the bottom of the rails and added the cheap stamped out nut plates like I showed in the pictures as a way of still being able to bolt down the rails...but, as you can see in the pictures shown...it was a hack job at it's best.

Glen

realkingcobra

Silver Member
They turned a Brunswick into a Gandy....we try to turn Gandys into Brunswicks. Lmao

Mark Gregory

Now you can see what I was telling you about on the phone Mark, great job by Blatt, but believe it or not, a stock Gandy would have played better than this GC3 did before I took it apart to start working on it. I just don't understand how come there's only a few of us that can do this work correctly...when there's so MANY people out here that work on pool tables and call themselves table mechanic's in the process:confused: but, you're right:grin: