Tip after follow through

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Right, and you said that will never happen on a slow speed stroke. I disagreed, saying it may always happen (or never happen) depending on how high or low someone stands over the cuestick...which is a whole truth, as opposed to a partial truth. The real truth is that nobody can tell about the OP without seeing him shoot. Nobody minds you posting in the instructor forum, as long as the information is accurate. Yours wasn't, and I only tried to make it so. Sorry you don't see it that way (if you can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen. :rolleyes:). BTW, my tip finishes on the cloth on almost EVERY shot...but I stand a little higher than some. The cue only needs to be level at contact...which is the only time it's level in a pendulum stroke.

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

The original question was about ALWAYS contacting the cloth with the tip after any shot.

I was trying to help the guy from struggling trying to play the way he was incorrectly told.
Guess I'll keep out of this forum and just read the partial truths that are sometimes given.

clarkie39

Registered
Tip

My tip never used to land on the felt, BUT now I stand a little taller over the ball and my pendulum stroke feels more like a true pendulum stroke. I still get low but not as much. When my cue tip is on the felt after my follow thru that tells my two things 1.)Finished my stroke 2. )my elbow didn't drop. If u concentrate and even look at a mirror while stroke just make sure your elbow doesn't drop. If it doesn't then ur Tip will always land on the felt. Watch some of the pros stroke a long draw shots, their shafts bends a lot because a proper follow -thru.

Ralph Kramden

BOOM!.. ZOOM!.. MOON!
Silver Member
Allen - You certainly are correct saying you can finish through a shot and not hit hard, but soft shots finishing with the tip always
contacting the cloth as Exoyo was asking about just doesn't happen.

If Exoyo was told to always finish any shot with the tip contacting the table, it was wrong and could effect his play for a long time.

I think the above information IS accurate. If someone needs to follow through until the tip contacts the cloth they should do it.
If someone follows through every shot until the tip always contacts the cloth, they won't play well no matter how tall they are.

This post is my personal opinion, my last in this forum, and not directed toward any one person.

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm no instructor. But watch this clip of Stephen Hendry, who had perhaps the straightest most beautiful stroke in the world of snooker. This clip is very good because you get a few almost POV shots of the cue and the ball. There is one a 9:40. His tip does not finish on the cloth on every shot, only when he draws or plays from the cushion. On some follow shots his tip is angled very slightly upward. The important thing is that he is always on line and he finishes the stroke with his hand hitting the chest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73Vd6SnP7A8

Go back and read Scott's post.

The lower your stance, the less likely it will be for your tip to finish on the cloth. Hendry (and all snooker players for that matter) are as low as you can be, and therefore, will not have their tips finish on the cloth.

randyg

www.randygpool.com
Silver Member
Go back and read Scott's post.

The lower your stance, the less likely it will be for your tip to finish on the cloth. Hendry (and all snooker players for that matter) are as low as you can be, and therefore, will not have their tips finish on the cloth.

Great post....thanks!

randyg