Tampa/St. Pete

axejunkie

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Headed to the area this week for work. Also moving there next year. I'd like to get out and play on Thursday night. I've been to Crooked Cue, know about Strokers and hear good things about the Corner Pocket. What are some other good rooms? Also, are there any smoke free rooms in the area?

Appreciate any input.

stevea

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No smoke free rooms. Hammerheads is a nice room with all diamonds. Don't go to Strokers on thursday night, it's APA 8 ball and you won't be able to play until around midnight.

ChopStick

Unsane Poster
Silver Member
There is a smoke free room in Brandon at the end of the Crosstown Xway. I forget the name.

CaptainHook

NOT Mike Sigel
Silver Member
If you don't like smoke, don't come to the Flamingo, when I leave there, I have to go home, throw my clothes in the washer (neighbors love that at 3AM) then take a Silkwood shower, clean my nose out with Q-tips, the whole time all this is going on, I have my cues and case out on the table with the ceiling fan on full blast to air them out, then they have to be cleaned and the case wiped down before I can go to bed, then I leave the case out overnight with fan on low to air it out more. I try and drive home with the car windows down also, depending on the weather.;)

JumpinJoe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you don't like smoke, don't come to the Flamingo, when I leave there, I have to go home, throw my clothes in the washer (neighbors love that at 3AM) then take a Silkwood shower, clean my nose out with Q-tips, the whole time all this is going on, I have my cues and case out on the table with the ceiling fan on full blast to air them out, then they have to be cleaned and the case wiped down before I can go to bed, then I leave the case out overnight with fan on low to air it out more. I try and drive home with the car windows down also, depending on the weather.;)

lol

CaptainHook, are you Mike Sprinkle?

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
Headed to the area this week for work. Also moving there next year. I'd like to get out and play on Thursday night. I've been to Crooked Cue, know about Strokers and hear good things about the Corner Pocket. What are some other good rooms? Also, are there any smoke free rooms in the area?

Appreciate any input.

Corner Pocket, Side Pocket, CM's, City Billiards, Crooked Cue.... All have plenty of smoke! Lack of mirrors, though.

Freddie <~~~ who needs to buy cigarettes when there's so much second hand?

BarneyCalip

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Planet 8 Ball ?

Is "Planet 8 Ball" still around.
Many Moons ago I flew into Tampa and played Grady and Buddy.
I lost but it was fun playing them, and listening to their stories.
It was a Huge room and the food was great.

Wybrook

A. Wheeler
Silver Member

It was Planet 9 Ball, and no, its closed.. :)

BrandonBilliard

Brandon Billiards

I just opened Brandon Billiards in Brandon if you want to come play on diamonds. I have 13 brand new diamonds; 4 bar box diamonds and 9 nine foot diamonds. If you stop by ask for Mitch and I will hit some around if you like. If you need directions just call the pool room 813-689-8258.

JumpinJoe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I thought I heard TR is gambling a lot lately down that way, or trying to. Isn't he in Brandon?

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member

Buddy was the house pro there at planet 9 ball for a short while. Johnnyt

rob245

Registered
I can valge for Brandon Billiards being an up an coming, the next great pool hall. Mitch shows good vision, leadership, and commitment to providing premier billiards with a great atmosphere.

CaptainHook

NOT Mike Sigel
Silver Member
lol

CaptainHook, are you Mike Sprinkle?

LOL, Nope I'm not "Sprink" I have known him for many years, he is a great guy, has always given me great deals and I have hooked him up with some work, but I have not seen him in a while.:thumbup:

CaptainHook

NOT Mike Sigel
Silver Member

Ken the "Rolling Shark" sold it to Strokers, then it went out of business, shame, it was a great place, last I saw was all the tables were for sale here on A-Z.:grin-square: