Frost pissed off the Lion, discussing pool etiquette

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
Some people think that the sharking and the smack talking is good for the game. Personally speaking, I KNOW IT IS NOT!

I didn't watch the match between Alex and Scott but..............

When your opponent is at the table, if you are talking to him, talking to yourself, talking to spectators, talking to ANYONE, lighting cigarettes, dragging on e-cigarettes, doing hand flashes, drying their shaft with a waving white towel, standing at the table after your inning is over, taking the only piece of chalk off of the table when your inning is over, or making movement of any kind, YOU KNOW THAT EVENTUALLY THIS TYPE OF BEHAVIOR WILL OFTEN MAKE THE OPPONENT ANGRY OR DISTRACT THEM and that's why they do it.

The lack of all this is why I put Cliff Joyner on a pedestal when it comes to competing. When it comes to competing Cliff is an absolute gentleman.

JoeyA

LA toolman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Now Frost has his match with Efren Reyes next month in July with the same pot amount but win by 2 instead of 8 with Alex. I wonder if he's gonna say Efren got lucky too LOL.
9d9e6b41b64f086465aec16f0a7e9af2.jpg
[/QUOTE]

If he does Efren will probably agree!:grin:

Bossman225

Registered
You're spot on, my man. Im all about a class act. Speaks volumes about your character. Alex is loaded. Scott should ask Alex for lessons. Scott reminds me of the typical pool room scumbag that nobody likes but tolerates just to keep his mouth at bay and level ambience. I barely go to pool rooms anymore because of DBs like that. But, you really cant go anywhere without seeing a few of these types.
Me I don't mind goin to pool rooms. I love playing so I'm gonna go where all the action is. It doesn't really matter where you go they are always gonna have ppl like that. I don't play ppl like that because I know my temper and tolerance of ppl like that. I'm an above average pool player and probably around the area where I live, I'm probably one of the top players in the area. I don't like the idea of having to shark somebody to win. I won't do. I refuse. I about got in a fight with a guy because he tried to shark the guy I was playing and said he was just tryin to help me out when I don't need his help. If I get mad u don't get mad at anyone I'm playing. I get aggravated at myself because I hold myself to a higher standard and know how I'm suppose to play. These diva players are just ridiculous I'm my opinion

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using AzBilliards Forums mobile app

Kimmo H.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
^ Thats hilarious :thumbup:

I like Alex in every way, he is a great player, a strategist and a generally nice person to watch. This is no exception, nobody can listen too long about getting rolls and lucky shots. The ball rolls like you hit it and Alex sure knows how to hit a ball.

Sharking is like a sucker punch and should not be tolerated in competitive play at all. Too bad that the human nature makes competitive minds seek for an unfair advantage regardless of it being prohibited and seen badly by the public. And without a referee the only way to stop sharking is to confront the individual doing so, wich is easily seen in the wrong way of course... Everyone slips every now and then, the difference comes where and how one slips. Others do it better and less often.

Ken_4fun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I love it when my opponent starts *****ing about rolls and "getting lucky". It tells me he is getting frazzled, and nervous.

Watch those guys that are down and cool as a cucumber. Those guys are confident, and know if and when they are given an opportunity they are going to make it hurt.

Just my experience. Your mileage may vary.

Ken

Lesh

One Hole Thinkifier
Silver Member
I heard that Alex was holed up at the Riviera. That must be where...wait for it...the lion sleeps tonight. :smile:

Maaaann... like stepping on a landmine you know is there.

I'm happy Alex won. Like anyone, if a turd like Frost is grinding at you for 5 days with their winning personality, one may hazard a snarky thrust and riposte. I would have told him to smoke a turd in hell, but I have no class.

I have never understood why people that cannot control themselves when they are either under pressure or absolutely failing will ever enter into high-stakes competition. There is bound to be pressure... that is the whole point. If you react poorly to pressure, stay away..... please.

Lesh

MiniSkittle

Registered
IMO, no real champion player in any sport would claim to have lost "three games" because of something the other guy said.

erhino41

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I love it when my opponent starts *****ing about rolls and "getting lucky". It tells me he is getting frazzled, and nervous.

Watch those guys that are down and cool as a cucumber. Those guys are confident, and know if and when they are given an opportunity they are going to make it hurt.

Just my experience. Your mileage may vary.

Ken

I'm with you on that, mostly. If it's constant and while I'm shooting, then it becomes unbearable. There is this player I knew who would do this all throughout tournaments. You would hear him across the room, no matter who he was playing, talking about how lucky this guy is. For sure it is a sign that this guy lacks confidence and is clearly a sharking move. Typically I'll feed off it, but sometimes you just can't fade it. If I had to listen to it for days on end I probably would have flipped.

Tramp Steamer

One Pocket enthusiast.
Silver Member
Maaaann... like stepping on a landmine you know is there.

I'm happy Alex won. Like anyone, if a turd like Frost is grinding at you for 5 days with their winning personality, one may hazard a snarky thrust and riposte. I would have told him to smoke a turd in hell, but I have no class.
I have never understood why people that cannot control themselves when they are either under pressure or absolutely failing will ever enter into high-stakes competition. There is bound to be pressure... that is the whole point. If you react poorly to pressure, stay away..... please.
Lesh

I agree, and I'm glad Alex gave it back to him. I don't know him personally, but I imagine that Scott is enough of a professional to see his errors and correct them.
However, just between you, me, and the lamppost, watching Alex go up and down like a yo-yo before each shot, could drive you crazy. :smile:

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Frost was *****ing this yr after he lost to Efren at DCC. He was upset claiming they rigged the draw so it could be a match for the tv table.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Forgive them both, for acting like the game was important.

They are competitors. They battle.

Go, alex!

jsp

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey, that's better than being a cheetah.
The Lion must have been feline pretty good after he won.

Still not as impressive as Alex's cougarageous comeback in the TAR match against Shane.

This outcome lynx Frost to Shane, both having lost big money games to Alex.

I can do this all day and never tiger.

eddie8842

getcha some of that
Silver Member
I'm assuming Scott thought he was a genius for jumping on a giant that's stepping away from the game, however with the most recent one pocket showings we've seen from efren I'd say Scott probably is regretting making this match.

I doubt Scott is regretting making this match, Efren is in his early 60s now, and since it's a race to 30 i'm assuming it'll end with whoever gets to 10 each day
That means they can possibly be playing up to 19 games a day
Efren can't keep up the pace like he used to
This match favors Scott because it's a long one and he can grind it out and wear Efren down
If it was a race to 5, I'd say Efren all day, but these long, tiring races don't favor him
Not saying he can't pull it off, but it's not likely

SSach

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Don't knock Frost

It saddens me that so many are knocking Frost or any other player for that matter. How many actually personally know Frost outside of the watching him play the game or at the pool room?

I don't care what was said while they were playing. I heard enough barking watching money games at Derby, US OPEN, SBE etc...and plenty of money was in the middle. These are two of the best players in one pocket. It is not like they are sponsored by Nike, Under Armour, Timex etc which allow them monetary freedom to hold them silent when they are playing a big money match.

I'm just providing another perspective, and while I don't condone barking and moves while playing these two are experienced money players that have seen it all.

As I been taught, sometimes it is better to remain silent when you have nothing nice to say. I met Alex several times and Scott a few. Both were different people outside of the pool room.

Don't judge them unless you personally know them. I'm sure while they might not be the biggest fans of one another they would both like to see the game grow to a point where sponsors are plentiful and allow for a more "professional" atmosphere.

SS

Shawn Armstrong

AZB deceased - stopped posting 5/13/2022
Silver Member
It saddens me that so many are knocking Frost or any other player for that matter. How many actually personally know Frost outside of the watching him play the game or at the pool room?

I don't care what was said while they were playing. I heard enough barking watching money games at Derby, US OPEN, SBE etc...and plenty of money was in the middle. These are two of the best players in one pocket. It is not like they are sponsored by Nike, Under Armour, Timex etc which allow them monetary freedom to hold them silent when they are playing a big money match.

I'm just providing another perspective, and while I don't condone barking and moves while playing these two are experienced money players that have seen it all.

As I been taught, sometimes it is better to remain silent when you have nothing nice to say. I met Alex several times and Scott a few. Both were different people outside of the pool room.

Don't judge them unless you personally know them. I'm sure while they might not be the biggest fans of one another they would both like to see the game grow to a point where sponsors are plentiful and allow for a more "professional" atmosphere.

SS

Anyone that flips someone off to their back isn't what I would deem as a "quality individual", or any example of being a professional. It's on video. Total POS move.

swirly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I doubt Scott is regretting making this match, Efren is in his early 60s now, and since it's a race to 30 i'm assuming it'll end with whoever gets to 10 each day
That means they can possibly be playing up to 19 games a day
Efren can't keep up the pace like he used to
This match favors Scott because it's a long one and he can grind it out and wear Efren down
If it was a race to 5, I'd say Efren all day, but these long, tiring races don't favor him
Not saying he can't pull it off, but it's not likely

He just won the make it happen which was multiple races to 4 in a day I'm sure he'll be fine....

"Now Frost has his match with Efren Reyes next month in July with the same pot amount but win by 2 instead of 8 with Alex. I wonder if he's gonna say Efren got lucky too LOL."

I think Efren's gonna say Efren got lucky :p...

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member
The Lion must have been feline pretty good after he won.

Still not as impressive as Alex's cougarageous comeback in the TAR match against Shane.

This outcome lynx Frost to Shane, both having lost big money games to Alex.

I can do this all day and never tiger.

You sure do talk about animals an ocelot.

us820

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Anyone that flips someone off to their back isn't what I would deem as a "quality individual", or any example of being a professional. It's on video. Total POS move.

Yes,that was the epitome of everything I hate about pool.The jawing,slam racking,petulant baby bs,and making fun of the other guy shooting with all your gang around nonsense.