Cuetec Cynergy in-depth review on AzB

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
I just picked up a Cynergy to test. It plays fine. The red one is very attractive, somewhat more subdued and darker than in the pictures. Compared to my Becue with the beefy 5.1 shaft, it plays more like a wooden shaft than a CF shaft. The sound and hit are more like wood, especially on English shots. I don't like the contact sound which is hollow. Part of that I am sure is the rock hard sniper tip. Would love to try it with a soft tip. They have almost identical squirt. I like the white ferrule for sighting - way better than just black. i could definitely adapt to the Cynergy with a different tip and I know I would like it, but the Becue owns me for now. Can't wait for my updated Becue to show up.

Last edited:

Maniac

2manyQ's
Silver Member
While testing out the Cynergy, I set up a similar shot as you. I put the object ball 2 diamonds from the corner and with the cue ball in the center of the table I make the ball and using inside English, go 3 rails for shape. This shot is a great indicator of how much deflection you are getting. The first 3 shots I over cut the ball which tells me that the Cynergy was deflecting more than my 1st gen Predator. I adjusted and quickly made it a few times in a row.
The reason I switched is that the old wood shafts will get dings and warp in time. The CF shafts should not get any warping and dings are a thing of the past. Everybody likes different cues but I went for results, that made me "feel" good. :wink:

I just picked up a Cynergy to test. It plays great. Compared to my Becue with the beefy 5.1 shaft, it plays more like a wooden shaft than a CF shaft. The sound and hit are more like wood, especially on English shots.

From these two posts it sounds to me that if someone who likes the hit/feel and higher deflection qualities of a solid maple shaft, the Cuetec Cynergy would be perfect for them as far as owning a warp-free, ding-proof shaft that they will not have to make any great adjustments with.

Does that statement sound about right?

Maniac

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
From these two posts it sounds to me that if someone who likes the hit/feel and higher deflection qualities of a solid maple shaft, the Cuetec Cynergy would be perfect for them as far as owning a warp-free, ding-proof shaft that they will not have to make any great adjustments with.

Maniac

I think that's right. The adjustment would be to the black shaft, long taper. Aim wise, I don't think anybody used to a 314 Predator would have much of an adjustment at all. It would just be a matter of getting your favorite tip on it, I believe. Weight is adjustable. It's a very sleek, quality product.

So far this is the best value yet on a quality carbon fiber cue. Comes with an extension, looks good too. My prediction is by no means is the improvement in this design over. In fact, it has just begun.

Last edited:

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
Working with the Cynergy a little, my complaint is the same as my complaint with Revo. The cue feels and sounds hollow and light on contact with the cue ball on any off-center hit. The Becue has none of that. I assume a player would get used to it but that's not my preferred feel or sound. It's possible a softer tip would change that too. Bear in mind I am using the stiffer, beefier Becue 5.1 shaft, the prime M (which has a similar taper to the Cynergy) is not my cup of tea either.

Last edited:

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Working with the Cynergy a little, my complaint is the same as my complaint with Revo. The cue feels and sounds hollow and light on contact with the cue ball on any off-center hit. The Becue has none of that. I assume a player would get used to it but that's not my preferred feel or sound. It's possible a softer tip would change that too. Bear in mind I am using the stiffer, beefier Becue 5.1 shaft, the prime M (which has a similar taper to the Cynergy) is not my cup of tea either.

How is the white 5.1 31" shaft playing, compared to the 29' 5.1?

The black Prime plays good, but it takes a while to get used to the black, with no ferrule, after using a white Prime for so long.

The Cynergy didn't "do it" for me. Like you say, it didn't feel anywhere near as "solid" and "quiet" as the BECUE when you hit the cue ball.

I have Ultra-skin soft black tips on my BECUE shafts, except for the black one. Those tips play "quiet".

I just had a guy tell me that he had the REVO, the Cynergy, the Jacoby Black, and maybe one more and he sold them all. He was going to give carbon fiber one more chance, so he bought a BECUE shaft for his Predator butt. He was so impressed that he is now buying a BECUE cue.

And, I'm still convinced that the BECUE carbon fiber butt has a LOT to do with how the cue plays, rather than having a carbon fiber shaft on a wooden butt.

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
How is the white 5.1 31" shaft playing, compared to the 29' 5.1?

The black Prime plays good, but it takes a while to get used to the black, with no ferrule, after using a white Prime for so long.

The Cynergy didn't "do it" for me. Like you say, it didn't feel anywhere near as "solid" and "quiet" as the BECUE when you hit the cue ball.

I have Ultra-skin soft black tips on my BECUE shafts, except for the black one. Those tips play "quiet".

I just had a guy tell me that he had the REVO, the Cynergy, the Jacoby Black, and maybe one more and he sold them all. He was going to give carbon fiber one more chance, so he bought a BECUE shaft for his Predator butt. He was so impressed that he is now buying a BECUE cue.

And, I'm still convinced that the BECUE carbon fiber butt has a LOT to do with how the cue plays, rather than having a carbon fiber shaft on a wooden butt.

From what I've heard from Revo players, you will get used to sighting with the all black shaft. The 31" 5.1 shaft plays fine but eventually what I will have is a black 5.1 with an extension and I will probably leave it on. The new 5.1 has a white sighting ferrule. I definitely prefer the ultra skin tips but they do require a break in period and some shaping. The problem with the painted white shafts (Becue discontinued them) is the paint is sticky and they nick up too easily. That's why I want to adapt to the black shaft.

Now that I have adjusted to the Becue (took some time) it would be hard to go back to anything not as solid. My new shaft will have a Becue tip, we'll give it a go.

Last edited:

tucson9ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Maniac

I would agree with this....
Going from solid wood to the Cynergy would be an easy transition.