strokerace

"The Hustler"
Silver Member
Hey folks. I have a 9ft diamond pro-am set up in my garage in San Angelo, TX. It's really not humid here. I do smoke in the garage and sometimes leave the door open about a foot or less. I also have a Mitsubishi ductless split air conditioner/heater which is running constantly when I'm in there.

Today I pulled the cover off the table after having it covered for the past four days. I hit one ball from the top rail to the bottom rail and the ball is bouncing off the rail so it's not because I might have used high english. I hit the cue ball off several rails and even if it hits four or five rails it still bounces.

Are my rails finished? The table is not that old. Any thoughts or opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, John

Hey John..you can ask a Mechanic in that section of the forum..i know
i play on Diamonds at my Hall and when it is dry it wants to bounce..
mostly in the winter months here..maybe your AC is taking most of the
moisture out of the air..try turning the temp up and run a fan..SA

Maniac

2manyQ's
Silver Member
Are your rails made out of phenolic and your balls made from vulcanized rubber :eek:?

Seriously, has this ever been a problem before with this table? I mean, I can only assume that the edges of the cushions are not a tad too low. My home table is in my living room here in Texas (DFW area) and this time of year I have the windows of my house opened up. Some days it's warm/humid, and some days it's cool/dry (and every other possible combination) in my gameroom. My balls have never had a "bouncing" problem on my table. I hope someone can figure this out for you.

Maniac

Last edited:

bogey54311

"cheese"
Silver Member
Rails could be too high or low.
That can make a ball jump.
Old Big G Gandys used to do that from what I hear.

chris G<-----just a guess

Donny Wessels

Silver Member
Hey folks. I have a 9ft diamond pro-am set up in my garage in San Angelo, TX. It's really not humid here. I do smoke in the garage and sometimes leave the door open about a foot or less. I also have a Mitsubishi ductless split air conditioner/heater which is running constantly when I'm in there.

Today I pulled the cover off the table after having it covered for the past four days. I hit one ball from the top rail to the bottom rail and the ball is bouncing off the rail so it's not because I might have used high english. I hit the cue ball off several rails and even if it hits four or five rails it still bounces.

Are my rails finished? The table is not that old. Any thoughts or opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, John

are your balls clean? sometime what happens if the balls are dirty or the rail cloth is worn. The ball will stick the to cushion just long enough to climb the rail. This will happen more to the 9-foot Diamond since they have the artemis with the rounded cushion nose. If your nose hieght is at 1 7/16", it's probably your table conditions, if it's shorter than its probably the table.

runout1961

Ecclesiastes Ch. 12: 1-7
Silver Member
are your balls clean? sometime what happens if the balls are dirty or the rail cloth is worn. The ball will stick the to cushion just long enough to climb the rail. This will happen more to the 9-foot Diamond since they have the artemis with the rounded cushion nose. If your nose hieght is at 1 7/16", it's probably your table conditions, if it's shorter than its probably the table.
Well it turns out the pool balls were pretty dirty. I bought some Aramith ball cleaner and it seemed to work pretty good. No more bouncing. Thanks for the heads up.

I even found a pretty simple home made ball cleaner on youtube that I'm gonna make tomorrow.

Thanks everyone for your input.

John

Donny Wessels

Silver Member
Well it turns out the pool balls were pretty dirty. I bought some Aramith ball cleaner and it seemed to work pretty good. No more bouncing. Thanks for the heads up.

I even found a pretty simple home made ball cleaner on youtube that I'm gonna make tomorrow.

Thanks everyone for your input.

John

good deal, just to let you know, Diamond makes the best ball cleaner. Great design, long lasting, made from solid Oak. You can get them through me, there $500 for the single platter model and that includes shipping anywhere in the states.

runout1961

Silver Member
good deal, just to let you know, Diamond makes the best ball cleaner. Great design, long lasting, made from solid Oak. You can get them through me, there $500 for the single platter model and that includes shipping anywhere in the states.
Thanks for the offer. I might take you up on that in the future. But for now I built a simple ball cleaner exactly like the one shown in the youtube link below. It worked GREAT. The pool balls came out looking brand new. It was a little loud, but no matter to me as I am single and have my own house. It only took about 10 minutes to put everything together. I already had everything at the house to make it.

So if any of ya'll are looking for a cheap way to clean your pool balls I would do this. It worked better than expected.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8O5A6ON_bJU

John

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
Thanks for the offer. I might take you up on that in the future. But for now I built a simple ball cleaner exactly like the one shown in the youtube link below. It worked GREAT. The pool balls came out looking brand new. It was a little loud, but no matter to me as I am single and have my own house. It only took about 10 minutes to put everything together. I already had everything at the house to make it.

So if any of ya'll are looking for a cheap way to clean your pool balls I would do this. It worked better than expected.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8O5A6ON_bJU

John

Just to let you know single guys that own their own home almost always use the Diamond polisher:p J/K....... I also made a ball polisher a couple of years ago and love it.

runout1961

Silver Member
Just to let you know single guys that own their own home almost always use the Diamond polisher:p J/K....... I also made a ball polisher a couple of years ago and love it.
LOL yeah I figured. But the only reason I have so much at the young age of 27 is because I'm such a tight wad with the cash!!!! lol that ball polisher works great and I saved about $475 so I'm good with it :)