Immonen 11 Klatt 4

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member
This was one of the sickest matches I've ever seen. For anyone who didn't see it, Mika won the lag and ran six racks from the break without letting Klatt to the table.

Mika then broke dry, and after a safety battle on the 6, Klatt got control and ran four racks to make it 6-4. Klatt then broke dry, and after a safety on the 1, Mika ran out the set. Neither player missed a ball or a kick.

poolplayer2093

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This was one of the sickest matches I've ever seen. For anyone who didn't see it, Mika won the lag and ran six racks from the break without letting Klatt to the table.

Mika then broke dry, and after a safety battle on the 6, Klatt got control and ran four racks to make it 6-4. Klatt then broke dry, and after a safety on the 1, Mika ran out the set. Neither player missed a ball or a kick.

i'll be waiting for accu stats to have that up then.

thanks for letting me know! guess sarah will have to comfort him! he's her canadian right?

Last edited:

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member
I think Mika missed once. See my inning-by-inning account here: http://forums.azbilliards.com/showpost.php?p=2670527&postcount=2.

Yeah, I saw your summary, and it's very accurate. I'm not sure how Accu-Stats would score that shot on the 6 since he made the 8 on the same shot, and he was cross-banking the 6 the length of the table after a safety to begin with. But technically, since he did not pocket the ball he was shooting for, I agree that you could count it as a miss.

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Yeah, I saw your summary, and it's very accurate. I'm not sure how Accu-Stats would score that shot on the 6 since he made the 8 on the same shot, and he was cross-banking the 6 the length of the table after a safety to begin with. But technically, since he did not pocket the ball he was shooting for, I agree that you could count it as a miss.

I think the miss was on the next shot. He missed a jump shot on the 6-ball after slopping in that 8-ball (while trying a bank on the 6-ball).

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member
I think the miss was on the next shot. He missed a jump shot on the 6-ball after slopping in that 8-ball (while trying a bank on the 6-ball).

Ah, yes, I think you're right. I sit at my keyboard corrected.

I wonder what the Accu-Stats TPA's will be for that match? Is there a chance that Klatt actually had a higher TPA?

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I wonder what the Accu-Stats TPA's will be for that match? Is there a chance that Klatt actually had a higher TPA?

I think so. Klatt probably had a 1.000 and Immonen something just slightly less because of the one error.

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member
I think so. Klatt probably had a 1.000 and Immonen something just slightly less because of the one error.

I think Klatt had a position error on the 6 though, when he came up short and had to play safe, which led to Mika's bank when the 8 went in the side. Accu-Stats counts position errors like that.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I thought accustats ratings only counted misses if the shot was as difficult or less than a spot shot? I could be remembering it wrong.

SUPERSTAR

I am Keyser Söze
Silver Member
No packages would have been run if it wasnt rack your own.
Would be a much sicker performance if it wasn't rack your own.

I bet 80% of the players in the tournament who broke dry a couple of times, tried the TILT THE RACK move.

LOL

Rack your own in a major 9 ball event. What a JOKE!

I'd rather have the arguments and a neutral racker.
That rack your own is just a waste of time.

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
I thought accustats ratings only counted misses if the shot was as difficult or less than a spot shot? I could be remembering it wrong.
Here's the TPA formula and the kinds of errors that are included. Missing any shot is an error; missing a shot easier than a spot shot is two errors.

TPA Formula.jpg

This is from an old Accu Stats PDF describing how to score TPAs in detail. If anybody would like a copy by email, PM me.

pj
chgo

Last edited:

Zbotiman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Accu-Stats match score / approximate

After the match on Friday night, Pat said over the headsets, "that the Accu-Stats for that match would be somewhere around Klatt=.1000/Immonen=.985."
Danny D. said, and just about everyone agreed with him, that "this match was the best pool we'd ever witnessed! Big Statement!!!":clapping:

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
After the match on Friday night, Pat said over the headsets, "that the Accu-Stats for that match would be somewhere around Klatt=.1000/Immonen=.985."
Danny D. said, and just about everyone agreed with him, that "this match was the best pool we'd ever witnessed! Big Statement!!!":clapping:

Pat should have told his announcers! I seem to recall that during subsequent Accu-Stats matches an announcer claimed that neither player missed a shot and both had perfect scores.

Zbotiman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here you go

Pat should have told his announcers! I seem to recall that during subsequent Accu-Stats matches an announcer claimed that neither player missed a shot and both had perfect scores.
This year the filming was being sent to E.S.P.N. in the East, everyday. So we we're concentrating on getting the live recording as perfect as we could. The actual Accu-Stats will be done on each match post production and therefore without mistakes. Pat won't give out information to the general public until it's "CORRECT!" Just the way he operates, of course, PERFECT if possible.
As to the statement about the approximate scoring of the match, I believe the announcer your talking about is, Jim Wych and apparently everyone but Pat, thought at first, it was a perfectly played match by both players. The run-out positional error that led to a poorly played safe, is the only mistake made by Immonen, I believe. Still, a great match to have watched live and certainly one that I can't wait to see again! The announcers were still commenting on the outcome of the match when the camera crew was discussing the possible match score. So that's probably why Jimmy didn't hear that approximate scoring:yes:.

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I just read what pj posted in post #11 above. So the formula for the TPA is total balls pocketed divided by the sum of balls pocketed and errors. I read the definitions of errors, but I'm still not sure how to score the match being discussed here.

Obviously, the 13 break-&-run games contained no errors. The two games that may or may not have contained errors were games #7 and #11, which went as follows:

Game #7
  • Immonen broke dry;
  • Klatt pocketed the 1-ball through the 5-ball, then played safe on the 6-ball;
  • Immonen tried to bank the 6-ball one-rail the long way but hit the 8-ball near the side pocket and pocketed the 8-ball (I don't think he intentionally played the bank/combination, but it's possible);
  • Immonen shot a jump shot, hitting the 6-ball but not making it;
  • Klatt ran out the game.

Game #11
  • Klatt broke dry;
  • Immonen played safe;
  • Klatt hit the kick shot on the 1-ball but did not pocket it;
  • Immonen ran out.

So, in view of the definitions of errors in post #11, what do you think?

In Game #7, I'd say Immonen's miss on the 6-ball was not a "Miss Error," because he could not "see" the 6-ball (he jumped). But did Klatt commit a "Safety Error" two shots earlier, because Immonen made a ball on his next shot (even though it probably was a slopped-in ball)?

In Game #11, Klatt left an open shot after his kick shot, but it looks to me like that's not an error.

So, pending more expert opinion, it looks like they each had no more than one official "error", and possibly none (maybe the announcer was right)!

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member

I bet 80% of the players in the tournament who broke dry a couple of times, tried the TILT THE RACK move.

LOL

I knew we would see eye to eye on something.
When the game grows up,NO player will be racking.

nathandumoulin

WPBL / RUNOUT MEDIA
Silver Member

LOL

Wow....you're somehow finding a way to downplay these amazing performances based on a rule that neither player had any choice in? Give me a break.

Klatt was a monster in this event. He took out world beater after world beater, and when Mika smacked him with a 6 pack off the lag, he came to the table with a cold arm and ran almost a 4 pack.

To me, both these performances are amazing. Anyone who tries to downplay the match is either jealous, or has no respect for the games top players. The rules are irrelevant.

SCCues

< Searing Twins
Silver Member
I was lucky enough to be sitting in the first row to watch this match and Mika made a believer out of me about his skill. He looked invincible and if I had to bet on any player winning the tournament I would have bet all I had that nobody would have stopped Mika on Saturday. Talk about a shock, Mika came in Saturday and lost two matches in a row after a near perfect performance on Friday. I don't know what happened in the matches on Saturday other than they used a neutral racker and it took a long time to get the balls racked and it slowed the match down considerably. Maybe that along with Mika's break not working as well Saturday had something to do with him losing the 2 matches. I don't know, but what I do know is he played so well against Klatt that nobody could have beaten him in that match.

James

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member
I know it seems nitpicky, but Klatt did not run 4 racks. He ran 3 1/2 racks. I know you said after a safety on the 6, but we have had discussions before on what constitutes a rack run. It takes a full rack from the break.

I agree. I've always thought that "running four racks" should mean from the break, or at least after your opponent breaks dry. It will be interesting to see the actual TPA from Accu-Stats for this match.