has Schon cues won more tournaments than any other brand ?

hotrod

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I cant think of any other make cue that would have come half way close. No way to prove or dis-prove. Lets hear your thoughts on this subject

trustyrusty

I'm better with a wedge!
Silver Member
I have a few buddies that have won LOTS of tourneys playing "off the wall"....not sure of the brand cue though; maybe Valley?? If you are talking professional pool tourneys....Schon hasn't been around long enough to have that distinction I'd guess. 1). there were likely MORE events in pool before Schon was even founded and B). after it was founded, I know the multi - multi BIG tourney winners (like the US Open) like Sigel, Varner, Earl, etc. were playing something else....

SCCues

< Searing Twins
Silver Member
I'll agree that Schon cues have the most big wins. Remember Johnny Archer was sponsored by Schon cues during his best years (player of the decade in the 90's using Schon cues). Shannon Daulton was sponsored by Schon during that time also. I can't count the number of pros who have won big tournaments with a Schon cue. Alex Pagulayan won the US Open using a Schon cue and SVB used a Schon when he won the US Open.

James

Last edited:

gunzby

My light saber is LD
Silver Member
Cuetec had Earl and has SVB and Allison. I will take a shot in the dark and say it's Cuetec

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I heard that schon won the most
it used to be common to see plenty of players using schon
some of the big producer can afford to pay players to use their cues
these days

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Funny, if someone had asked without any suggestion Schon would not have come to my mind at all.

I would guess JOSS actually.

Meucci would be my second guess.

And if I had to make a third guess it would be Brunswick, because they were used predominantly for numerous decades before JOSS or Meucci were around.

Of course....I have been away from the game along while. When you say Pro the first face that comes into my mind is Varner.....and he's holding a JOSS. :thumbup:

Last edited:

tattoo

Tatuaje in the house&#129304;&#127995;
Silver Member
I have a few buddies that have won LOTS of tourneys playing "off the wall"....not sure of the brand cue though; maybe Valley?? If you are talking professional pool tourneys....Schon hasn't been around long enough to have that distinction I'd guess. 1). there were likely MORE events in pool before Schon was even founded and B). after it was founded, I know the multi - multi BIG tourney winners (like the US Open) like Sigel, Varner, Earl, etc. were playing something else....

+1 if you are just talking about tournys that go on every night all over the country....valley or brunswick....the old off the wall is my vote....

macguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I cant think of any other make cue that would have come half way close. No way to prove or dis-prove. Lets hear your thoughts on this subject

Depending on how far back you would want to go, I would say Meucci.

freedomfry

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Without being a fanboy, Predator has won approximately 15 times more tournaments than Schön. BTW, pass the Deck Aid when you're done, it's new years.

RRfireblade

Grammer Are For Stupids
Silver Member
You'd probably have to specify a range of tournament level.

My guess would be cuetec or meucci of your talking pro level.

If your talking any level then cuetec hands down, they probably outsell every other brand 50/1.

Mitchxout

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You'd probably have to specify a range of tournament level.

My guess would be cuetec or meucci of your talking pro level.

If your talking any level then cuetec hands down, they probably outsell every other brand 50/1.

Around here it's Players 50/1.

RADAR

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Meucci won more tounaments pro or at amateur level than any other cue! These cues were in almost every players hand in the 70s,80s and 90s! Still think they are best playability cue on the planet, just craftsmanship does not hold up and the hit was not great, but man do they perform! Cue designed to play pool with for sure!