Rip-off Report on Glen, The Real King Cobra

Status
Not open for further replies.

Highroller54

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

After weeks of phone conversations with Glenn (The Real King Cobra) he and I came to an agreement for him to rebuild and calibrate my Gandy Rails. Back in the first week of February 2013, Glenn was in my area and was able to pick the rails up at my home along with the payment for the work. We made a deal that he would have them completed and returned by mid March 2013. Well now it’s late May 2013 and after many phone conversations, and Glen telling me he would have the rails done and returned to me time and time again, I have given up all hope to ever seeing Glenn, my money or my rails again.

I have been extremely patient during the procrastinating Glenn has done. Glenn has left me with a Table that’s useless. Now I have been forced to take action, I normally wouldn’t even think of doing this kind of thing, (Venting on a forum), but Glenn has took my money, took my rails and has done nothing short of screw me, and has never returned either of them. People need to know what he is capable of doing!

I just don’t understand how a person everyone speaks so highly of, can do this. But I guess you live and learn. I have since tried to sell the table for parts, trying to recover some of my money, but so far no takers. I guess an old Big G Gandy isn’t worth much but it was my table, and now it’s been stolen from me and the remainder I have left isn’t worth anything.
Glen has totally ripped me off and screwed me and I just felt like venting, sorry to waste your time..
:angry:

TX Poolnut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

After weeks of phone conversations with Glenn (The Real King Cobra) he and I came to an agreement for him to rebuild and calibrate my Gandy Rails. Back in the first week of February 2013, Glenn was in my area and was able to pick the rails up at my home along with the payment for the work. We made a deal that he would have them completed and returned by mid March 2013. Well now it’s late May 2013 and after many phone conversations, and Glen telling me he would have the rails done and returned to me time and time again, I have given up all hope to ever seeing Glenn, my money or my rails again.

I have been extremely patient during the procrastinating Glenn has done. Glenn has left me with a Table that’s useless. Now I have been forced to take action, I normally wouldn’t even think of doing this kind of thing, (Venting on a forum), but Glenn has took my money, took my rails and has done nothing short of screw me, and has never returned either of them. People need to know what he is capable of doing!

I just don’t understand how a person everyone speaks so highly of, can do this. But I guess you live and learn. I have since tried to sell the table for parts, trying to recover some of my money, but so far no takers. I guess an old Big G Gandy isn’t worth much but it was my table, and now it’s been stolen from me and the remainder I have left isn’t worth anything.
Glen has totally ripped me off and screwed me and I just felt like venting, sorry to waste your time..
:angry:

uh oh.......

seven_7days

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
homer-simpson-bush-gif.gif

The Renfro

Outsville.com
Silver Member
I feel your pain and 2 months behind schedule is entirely unacceptable... But... I know life gets in the way in lots of instances so unless I know what Glen's holdup was/is I highly doubt it was simply procrastination.... If he has been non-stop on the road doing deliveries it's a little more understandable that he has not had time in the shop.. I said understandable.. still not 100 % acceptable and the situation needs remedied.....

Chris

Highroller54

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have left messages, and no reply. I have told him just return my money, no reply, doesn't answer the phone etc, etc, etc. Yes things do get in the way, but after all this and many, many broken promises. I have to believe its more than just a busy life..

Thanks

Tony

Highroller54

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
At this point all I want is my money back, and can't even get that.

I feel your pain and 2 months behind schedule is entirely unacceptable... But... I know life gets in the way in lots of instances so unless I know what Glen's holdup was/is I highly doubt it was simply procrastination.... If he has been non-stop on the road doing deliveries it's a little more understandable that he has not had time in the shop.. I said understandable.. still not 100 % acceptable and the situation needs remedied.....

Chris

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Glen is always behind, because he wont leave a job until its right or leaves and gets distracted and comes back very late, but he always comes back. So I have waited very long periods of time for him. He has done 4 or 5 big jobs for me, Diamond, Gold Crown 4 & 5 and a 12' Riley Snooker table, and redid the rails that were used on the TAR table for some matches as well as routine work like recovering the aforementioned tables several times. A few times just moving tables. And moving tables that I have sold to other AZB members who ae very happy-and yes Glen litterly carried a pool table thru the snow for him. There are pics here of that job.

No matter what EVERYTIME it was worth the wait, sure there was complications and some down time, but he always made it right with me. 100% of the time.

Yeah a couple times i waited more than 2 months from when he said he would be there, i never complained, this is pool, same goes for custom cue makers. It all comes in due time, its not the cable guy coming between 1 to 5 to plug in your netflix box. Its a different animal, and patients pays off. I waited 4 or 5 months for him one time, so what? he took care of me.

I didnt even read the any of the posts in this thread, unless Glen dropped a pool table on his head and lost his mind-he is anything but a crook. He under charges as well. I have tipped him huge and still it was a fair price.

I will stand for him 100% of the time, unless he did drop a table on his head in which case i'd give him a ride to the doctor. He is a good guy, kinda hardcore and opinionated but his opinions are factual, I'm not a table fitter but i been around the biz for over 20 years and know a bit about it.

hope it works out,

eric

And no he isnt the only person who does table work for me, I just had Ernesto do a table for me, he is a very good friend as well.

Last edited:

grindz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I really doubt that this was your best course of action, but hey sometimes we all need to vent when we go on tilt. I've been there too. All I can say is some people choose a
lifestyle that follows the way they want to live. You can't change them unless they want to change. Glen is no exception, nor am I or anyone else.

Glen is good at what he does on the table, but his lifestyle choice Commands patience
from his clients. You can't make him change and venting on line probably won't help.
I hope you can come to a mutually satisfactory solution to get some closure.

td

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I really doubt that this was your best course of action, but hey sometimes we all need to vent when we go on tilt. I've been there too. All I can say is some people choose a
lifestyle that follows the way they want to live. You can't change them unless they want to change. Glen is no exception, nor am I or anyone else.

Glen is good at what he does on the table, but his lifestyle choice Commands patience
from his clients. You can't make him change and venting on line probably won't help.

td

thats solid advice, i'd really think about this. and sure i have tilted online too. no blood no foul

liakos

Banned
Not to get in the middle of this, but I will say this, if the guy is traveling all over to get stuff done, this usually means set backs! I'm a diagnostic technician for cars and all I can say is you never know how long something is gonna take! But what I will agree with is communication!!!!!!!! He should let you know where you stand!!! I'm always behind, a day, a week, a month!!! My line of work, I enjoy it, and from what I hear I'm pretty good at it!!! With that said,,,, remember, good things come to those who wait:). But like I said, there needs to be communication. Good luck!!!

Mikjary

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

td

^This^.

I'm a contractor that works long hours. I get behind in my work all the time. I think a whole lot more communication with you would've been a good thing, though. Take it down a notch and he'll be along shortly.

Best,
Mike

cueaddicts

AzB Gold Member
Silver Member
Wow, 2 months......Danny Tibbitts held my deposit money for 8 years, then never did build me my cue. Surely Glen will come through on this in short time.

Highroller54

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I understand where some of you are coming from, and I must say I don't feel great about posting this. But the weeks have turned into months and I have nothing but broken promises. Some times things do get in the way but the lack of communication and me having to initiate it, after another broken promise and weeks pass, time and time again, with nothing said, just doesn't set right in my book. I'm a person of my word and hand shake, and I understand all are not this way. But if you tell someone your going to do something, I feel you should do it, at least in a timely manner. But this has gone on way to long, and should have been taken care of weeks ago.

Sorry for the starting rant!

joelpope

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
BS is BS

He may be busy but I can pretty much gtd that he has a cell phone in his pocket

Going silent on a customer is not excusable, regardless of how many posts you have on AZB

Looks like a duck, walks like a duck.... If true, he is indeed that duck

Gunn_Slinger

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you know where he lives or his work location, I would go there and get my rails back.
Thats what you need is to make your table playable again. The money can be replaced...even though it stings!
Good luck....its road trip time!

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
Glen is always behind, because he wont leave a job until its right or leaves and gets distracted and comes back very late, but he always comes back. So I have waited very long periods of time for him. He has done 4 or 5 big jobs for me, Diamond, Gold Crown 4 & 5 and a 12' Riley Snooker table, and redid the rails that were used on the TAR table for some matches as well as routine work like recovering the aforementioned tables several times. A few times just moving tables. And moving tables that I have sold to other AZB members who ae very happy-and yes Glen litterly carried a pool table thru the snow for him. There are pics here of that job.

No matter what EVERYTIME it was worth the wait, sure there was complications and some down time, but he always made it right with me. 100% of the time.

Yeah a couple times i waited more than 2 months from when he said he would be there, i never complained, this is pool, same goes for custom cue makers. It all comes in due time, its not the cable guy coming between 1 to 5 to plug in your netflix box. Its a different animal, and patients pays off. I waited 4 or 5 months for him one time, so what? he took care of me.

I didnt even read the any of the posts in this thread, unless Glen dropped a pool table on his head and lost his mind-he is anything but a crook. He under charges as well. I have tipped him huge and still it was a fair price.

I will stand for him 100% of the time, unless he did drop a table on his head in which case i'd give him a ride to the doctor. He is a good guy, kinda hardcore and opinionated but his opinions are factual, I'm not a table fitter but i been around the biz for over 20 years and know a bit about it.

hope it works out,

eric

And no he isnt the only person who does table work for me, I just had Ernesto do a table for me, he is a very good friend as well.

Spot on Eric.Good post!

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
I understand where some of you are coming from, and I must say I don't feel great about posting this. But the weeks have turned into months and I have nothing but broken promises. Some times things do get in the way but the lack of communication and me having to initiate it, after another broken promise and weeks pass, time and time again, with nothing said, just doesn't set right in my book. I'm a person of my word and hand shake, and I understand all are not this way. But if you tell someone your going to do something, I feel you should do it, at least in a timely manner. But this has gone on way to long, and should have been taken care of weeks ago.

Sorry for the starting rant!

Highroller no need to be sorry for starting a rant. To get on Glen's list is an accomplishment in its self. Once you are on his list you must be willing to wait for the man. Those of us who have waited are glad they did! Its not because of his quality of work but rather getting to know Glen. Like Fatboy said Glen under charges and he does not need to. I actually think all he really wants is enough gas money to get to his next job.
It is ok to be frustrated, I am sure you would love to play on your table but nearly every job Glen takes on will take him longer then he expects and thats because he won't leave until he feels the table could not play any better.

I hope your table is back up ASAP.

Ken_4fun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He may be busy but I can pretty much gtd that he has a cell phone in his pocket

Going silent on a customer is not excusable, regardless of how many posts you have on AZB

Looks like a duck, walks like a duck.... If true, he is indeed that duck

Agreed.

The same goes for cuemakers.

I am so sour on one that I am pretty much giving up on commissioning cues. I will just buy them on the secondary market. I used to have about 2 a year commissioned but getting jerked off/around, you get sick of it.

Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.