RoadHustler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
File:Russian_billiards_ball_at_a_corner_pocket.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

poolguppy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
those pockets came from one sick mind. And even though it wasnt his game, it was still nice to see earl get beat up on by a young dude :), and if you think the games intense, check out the audience!

Toncam

Another Bum !
Silver Member
That was entertaining for sure. You can use any ball for a cue ball in that game ? Makes for some interesting scenarios and a lot of strategy.
They have one of these tables in the Cue Club here in Vegas and the counter gal showed me the balls for it and i took a few over to the table and compared it, man its tight, lol.
But it was good to see two guys having a good time the way the both of them were, thanks for posting this.

Dunnn51

Clear the table!
Silver Member
Dems BIG BALLS !

How big are those balls ?? With the balls so big ,and the pockets tight; there's no cheating the pockets. :sorry:

Leave it to the Russians to cut out English from a game of pool. :grin-square::rolleyes:

Earl was having a good time. If you need some Earl drama, hit this link. Better yet the Strickland/Shaw match where it started.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywW3cr-wH0M

oldplayer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
looks like the ball does not go in with just pocket speed, apparently a more than firm hit is required. the cloth on the corners of the pocket are worn off!

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
Earl was still playing pretty strong. Says a lot about his talent to be able to whack in 5 or 6 in a row on that table.

j_zippel

Big Tuna
Silver Member
How big are those balls ?? With the balls so big ,and the pockets tight; there's no cheating the pockets. :sorry:

Leave it to the Russians to cut out English from a game of pool. :grin-square::rolleyes:

Earl was having a good time. If you need some Earl drama, hit this link. Better yet the Strickland/Shaw match where it started.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywW3cr-wH0M

the last few minutes is when Shaw snaps his cue. What a beauty! haha

CreeDo

Fargo Rating 597
Silver Member
looks like the ball does not go in with just pocket speed, apparently a more than firm hit is required. the cloth on the corners of the pocket are worn off!

The pocket is only a few millimeters larger than the ball. If the ball is directly facing the heart of the pocket,
(like on the head spot shooting into the corner, or center table shooting into the side)...
then in theory you could just roll it in.

But most shots are not perfectly facing the hole, the rail is at least partially blocking
the the shot from most angles. So to make the shot you must ram it so hard that it bends
the nipple, allowing the ball to fly 'through' the rail and into the pocket.
All those forced shots wear off the cloth on the nipples.

To be honest, though it's an interesting display of skill, I feel like the guys who designed the tables
were nuts and maybe didn't think it through. They blocked off shots from most angles.
Like a rail cut cannot happen, or shooting into the side from a steepish angle.
Did they really intend to make a game where most of the balls will end up "unplayable",
and even the routine shots from playable angles will rattle half the time?
Seems like a game for masochists.

mel_smOg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I finally got to play the game when I went to Europe in January of this year, balls are super big and the spin is pretty weird if you apply tops or draw. Pockets are only 3 mm larger than the balls, and you can pocket any balls and use any object ball (and make it too and get a point)
there are different variations of the game and aparently now it popular to play only with one object ball (even though you still can make it and replace any other ball on the table and continue to shot)
interesting game