$200 for the first person who enters CueTable Contest 0606

cuetable

Line Up Your Best Shot!
Silver Member
Our 06.06 contest has ended with no entries. We believe many people would like to see this drill happen. To make it exciting, we are offering the entire prize fund ($200 Tiger Gift Certificates) to the first person who completes the drill and sumbits the video link.

Please check
http://cuetable.com/contest/0606contest.html

cheers
Wei

PS. Any suggestions or comments on future contests are greatly appreciated!

TannerPruess

PBIA Instructor
Silver Member
I would give it a try if my webcam worked and if you did care what kind of table it was shot on. Make it open to any size/kind of table and you will see more entries.

Craig Fales

Registered bubinga user
Silver Member
So you have to shoot every other ball....going through the "L" and then back through again for the stripes....
________

Last edited:

Icon of Sin

I can't fold, I need gold. I re-up and reload...
Silver Member
Man I went and set the drill up then read it had to be on a 9footer. Sucks. All I have is an 8 footer.

StevenPWaldon

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Future contests:

In addition to drills, you may also want to have a list of 'stroke shots' similar to Colin's videos. You can make a CueTable diagram of each shot and have maybe a dozen of them or so. I don't think people should have to do them consecutively on their first try on an unedited tape like a drill, though. You get the picture, I'm sure.

This might make it a little more diverse and fun for people to participate in.

cuetable

Line Up Your Best Shot!
Silver Member
Fast Lenny said:
cuetable and alinco are you working together?this seems to be BS.:confused:

Hi Fast Lenny:

The CueTable contest is legit. Our last one went on for a month with no entry so I decided to put all the prizes together for one person.

We are having one contest for every month. For the July contest please go to the contest page on our website:

http://cuetable.com/contest/index.html

Submit your entry and win. Then you will understand it's for real.
Cheers
Wei:)

Icon of Sin

Silver Member
cuetable said:
Hi Fast Lenny:

The CueTable contest is legit. Our last one went on for a month with no entry so I decided to put all the prizes together for one person.

We are having one contest for every month. For the July contest please go to the contest page on our website:

http://cuetable.com/contest/index.html

Submit your entry and win. Then you will understand it's for real.
Cheers
Wei:)
Hey another 9 foot table challenge I get to sit out. Go get em Alinco. All of us arnt lucky enough to be able to fit a 9ft GC in out basement, hell my 8ft barely fits.

cuetable

Line Up Your Best Shot!
Silver Member
Icon of Sin said:
Hey another 9 foot table challenge I get to sit out. Go get em Alinco. All of us arnt lucky enough to be able to fit a 9ft GC in out basement, hell my 8ft barely fits.
Hi Mr Sin:

Sorry about the limitation, let's give some business to the local pool hall?

One merit of this contest is to encourage players sharing knowledge in the public and elevate everyone's skills. Teach the little kid who's watching you; he might very well be the new world champion in year 2020. In his memoir, there will be something like, "When I was 9, there was this odd dude... ". Meanwhile, I believe you will learn a great deal yourself.

Hopefully this little justure will help displaying a healthy image of pool and make it popular again. :)

9 foot table is the official equipment used in most tournaments today. No disrespect to other sizes.

Cheers
Wei

Last edited:

TannerPruess

PBIA Instructor
Silver Member
How many people are really going to take a camera to the poolhall and film themselves doing a drill? Make it open to all sizes of tables. :p

cuetable

Line Up Your Best Shot!
Silver Member
TannerPruess said:
How many people are really going to take a camera to the poolhall and film themselves doing a drill? Make it open to all sizes of tables. :p

Hi Tanner:

Be the first one and convert everone to follow you. Pool is a social game.

As Ghandi said,

" I am the change. "

cheers
Wei

Colin Colenso

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
alinco said:
Great job and congrats Alinco!

Thanks to Wei for running this challenge. I've been a bit busy of late, otherwise I would have given it a shot. But might have taken me a couple of days to get that drill down.

Looking forward to more challenges. Maybe something along the lines of what Steven suggests. Perhaps something along the lines of several shot challenges that most are capable of with a bit of trial and error, like my 24 Stroke Shots video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=keznf66dSHE

Perhaps there can be some kind of subjective judging system. Like a panel of judges deciding placings based upon execution skill, video quality, video popularity, creativity etc.

I'd could also set up a section on www.Cue-tv.com to host the videos in one place for each competition.

I'll shoot you an email Wei.

Colin

Icon of Sin

Silver Member
cuetable said:
Hi Tanner:

Be the first one and convert everone to follow you. Pool is a social game.

As Ghandi said,

" I am the change. "

cheers
Wei
HAHAHA, Yeah Tanner, actually, bring it to a room here in Maryland so Im not the one looking like a jackass.:D