Adam Japan Cues Or Not????

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm not calling out this particular cue or the seller, but I keep seeing these cues online and they are advertised as being "Made in Japan" by "Adam Japan". They even come with a certificate.

Can anybody confirm they are made in Japan, other than the certificate? Anything can be copied.

I have a Hall Of Fame cue made by Adam Japan, in JAPAN, and every one I have ever seen had thicker silver rings in the collars than the new ones popping up online that are supposedly a dozen years old.

The points actually look a bit different to me, as well.

My cue looks the same as this cue, but there are no rings before and after the wrap.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mosconi-2pc...ka-HOF-Billiards-Vintage-series-/131731025911

Last edited:

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
I'm not calling out this particular cue or the seller, but I keep seeing these cues online and they are advertised as being "Made in Japan" by "Adam Japan". They even come with a certificate.

Can anybody confirm they are made in Japan, other than the certificate? Anything can be copied.

I have a Hall Of Fame cue made by Adam Japan, in JAPAN, and every one I have every one I have ever seen had thicker silver rings in the collars than the new ones popping up online that are supposedly a dozen years old.

The points actually look a bit different to me, as well.

My cue looks the same as this cue, but there are no rings before and after the wrap.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mosconi-2pc...ka-HOF-Billiards-Vintage-series-/131731025911

I am almost positive this guy is the orig distributor for helmstetter Adam Japan cues and I think these are the real deal.

He has to be the worst picture taker in the world though, if you look at his closeups the finish appears to be lousy but in reality, the finish on these are gorgeous. Smooth as glass.

I believe he'll take $400 offer and, imo, that is def a lot of cue for the $$$.

You can ask him if he was the "Competition Cue" guy from NY.

He does have close to 1k all positives but anything is possible.

best,
brian kc

Last edited:

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am almost positive this guy is the orig distributor for helmstetter Adam Japan cues and I think these are the real deal.

He has to be the worst picture taker in the world though, if you look at his closeups the finish appears to be lousy but in reality, the finish on these are gorgeous. Smooth as glass.

I believe he'll take $400 offer and, imo, that is def a lot of cue for the $$$.

You can ask him if he was the "Competition Cue" guy from NY.

He does have close to 1k all positives but anything is possible.

best,
brian kc

The Competition Cue people were the ones importing the Adam Japan cues with the Balabushka signatures and the HOF cues. Adam Japan is no longer making or selling the licensed Balabushka cues. They are made elsewhere...I've heard they are now made in China. I would assume the cues that were the HOF line are made "elsewhere" too.

The ones you see on e-Bay are quite a bit "different" from the HOF line that were made in Japan.

The cues in the link below look more like the ones that were made in Japan. Notice the difference in the thickness of the silver rings in the collars. If you notice it looks like the one in the e-Bay link, but it doesn't have rings before and after the wrap. I'm not saying the cues on e-Bay are not quality production cues, I just have a feeling they are not made in Japan.

http://www.shootersbilliards.com/George-Balabushka-Replica-Pool-Cue-CS-436.html

The original HOF line that was made in Japan are in the picture below.

My cue, made in Japan, is below. The model CS-436. Notice the difference in the rings, the wrap, and no rings at the wrap.

Attachments

• ASSORTED-CUES-272.jpg
    ASSORTED-CUES-272.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 2,134
  • Adam Japan Cs-436 HOF Cue.jpg
    Adam Japan Cs-436 HOF Cue.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 1,983
Last edited: