Solly powaaaa

Solartje

the Brunswick BUG bit me
Silver Member
WOHOOO

:)

ko to make a long story , not tooooo long :rolleyes: .

today was the qualification for the 2006 Belgium open 9-ball championship.
last year i didnt even came close to qualify for the last 64 who could go to the final.

this year it was even tougher. instead of 64people going true, 8 players where seeded, and in the 4 states there where 6 extra places to win. very high level, some international players.

as i work in a barr, and we had a BIG show yesterday i came home from work at 7am, very tipsi, and had to take the train at 8am for the qualifications, so i didnt sleep and i was still drunk when i arived. alot of better players then me, but the fatigue and the semi drunken state, made me play totally released. i had NO stress at all, no matter who i was playing, and i qualified in first place in the winnerbrackets in one of the 4 states!!!!!!!!!!. last match i came behind after some 9ball breaks and flukes 1-3 before i could say, hi... but i then won 4 racks in a row to win 5-3 :cool:

so in 3 weeks, solly will be playing in the finals for the 2006 belgium open 9-ball championship, with the best of the best belgium players.

for those who read my 1000th post post, i guess i can take off one of my goals i wanted to achieve, just never thought id do it after only 1.5y of playing :D

solly powaaaaaaaaaaaa.

and: who will i dedicate this small victory too?
to Colin Colenso for helping me on my break. i potted 4 balls on some breaks!!, but its not a powerbreak, its at 50% but its ALL calculated and controled (exept the cb... im still learning that). thx 6pack man!! i own u this victory!!

ok honestly...... im SOOOOOO proud of myself :p

djkx1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Congrats Solly. It's nice to see that you are steadily improving. I notice that you ask for advice, and then take the time to try to use it to improve your game. You also set goals and work hard to achieve them. I admire your determination, and you have every reason to be proud of yourself. Keep up the good work!! :)

renard

Play in these conditions?
Silver Member
Congradulations Solly, your character is pushing your game to new hieghts... thats great to see!

cmartor3

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
awesome sugga brownie.....see what happens when you buy a normal playing cue, instead of shooting with a snooker cue...which is what i believe you were shooting with when we first started talking......

congratulations are in order sweatheart...LOL..

Solartje

the Brunswick BUG bit me
Silver Member
thx all :D

and YES, it feels damn good :D hihi, C'tje, yeah i was shooting with my 30$ J&J :D its a BAD cue, but hey a mans got to do what a man has got to do :D

but there might be some changes in the future :) if everything goes well, someone will be sending me a cue as a gift :D

im just happy ill be playing and talking to the topplayers of my country. as im not in the top32 of my country in the national ranking, i play in B rankings. and i hardly have a chance to play real good pro's who play in the A rankings:D

Really looking forward to it :)

ps guess who will have the bigest fan club out there? =D hehe im bringing all my family!!!

thx for all the nice reply's :D

im off to float on some more clouds :D

ioCross

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
congradulations!

so does this mean you're going to get drunk, then stay up all night before playing in the belgum open? :)

if you do, and win or play very well, there might be a new trend starting :)

Solartje

the Brunswick BUG bit me
Silver Member
no :)

the not sleeping is really something i cant do alot about it, me and my g/f own a barr thats open 7/7, with a movie thaatre, and concert places for over400 people. Just yesterday we had over 800 paying visitors and a resception for 150 vip's + all the regulars. thats a CRAP load of people. most are gone after 2am, but uve got the dye harders who stay till 5 am, and then u got to do all the cleaning and washing and preps for next day. i just HAVE to go to tourneys in a 'zombie' state.

the drinking... i could do without it, and usually im not drunk before a tournament, BUT i never thought i had a chance to qualify, i had an AMAZING time the night before, and if u made one of the biggest incoms in a year, you worked you *** off for over 16hours, u deserve a drink, when u see your empty barr, everything is cleaned, and u feel proud of yourself :D

but ive been thinking about it, i do play my best games when i havent slept.
usually it is because im a bad loser, (not that im someone who starts yelling etc whenever he is losing.. i just dont like to lose. i get stressed, (inside) outside nobody ever notices it, but my body does get all :eek: in the inside. When im death tired, i dont care about anything. its like im in the zone from beginning to the end (its a different Zone, because the concentration level is not as high as a normal zoning it, BUT i dont get distracted EVER, and the zoning in isnt for an hour or so. its the Whole day. SO if a normal zoning is is at 100% and lasts the time of one or two matches, this type of zoning is, is at 80% (i often forget to pot for example the 5 ball before potting the 6), i dont take ball in hand when i can, i touch the cb with my clothes. just sloppy mistakes), BUT this zoning in lasts the whole day. most of my errors are made because of stress and usually mental, not sleeping resolves this, as my mental is .... sleeping :D sometimes i dont even realise im awake and playing, its like if im not there.

but if read the post here about the EYE (all in favor say: EYE), and maybe my eyes arent moving as much when tired... no idea really. would like someone to answer this. when u are deathtired, do your eyes move more or less then when rested. maybe i can focus better...

but the Belgium championship finals are 17dec, and ill probably have to work, so i guess : yes, ill be in sleeping mode again. :eek:

rackmsuckr

Linda Carter - The QUEEN!
Silver Member
Solly, I am SO proud of you! We here at AZB have watched your progress like proud parents. I love how you have taken advice to heart and practiced and analyzed what helps your game. Good going and I expect to hear great things from the Championships!

Linda

Solartje

the Brunswick BUG bit me
Silver Member
hehe thx linda :)

well im not on this forum just to pick up girls and post silly things :p im actually a good student of the game, and I do like to learn and practice.

about the results on the championship, dont expect to much!! really. im already so happy im qualified. in the qualifications i could have picked easily 20 other persons who play ecually if not better then me. just being in the finals is my achievement :p

my next goal :) win one single match in the finals. but thats like asking to run 100 balls in straight pool if your record is 50. :) ill have to double my best game ever to MAYBE win one, but trust me :p ill do EVERTHING i can do win one game :) im not going to let them walk over me :p

*bows for the queen*

ps its funny some are folowing me :) i came on this forum the day i started pool. my record was 5balls in straight pool, and i never run a rack in my life. looking back, im really happy about the progress, i aint a john smith , or a queen or a calcul8tor yet, but im a better person and player then i was before, and that alone made it all worth :) thx azb and guys and girls.

Colin Colenso

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Solartje said:
WOHOOO

:)

ko to make a long story , not tooooo long :rolleyes: .

today was the qualification for the 2006 Belgium open 9-ball championship.
last year i didnt even came close to qualify for the last 64 who could go to the final.

this year it was even tougher. instead of 64people going true, 8 players where seeded, and in the 4 states there where 6 extra places to win. very high level, some international players.

as i work in a barr, and we had a BIG show yesterday i came home from work at 7am, very tipsi, and had to take the train at 8am for the qualifications, so i didnt sleep and i was still drunk when i arived. alot of better players then me, but the fatigue and the semi drunken state, made me play totally released. i had NO stress at all, no matter who i was playing, and i qualified in first place in the winnerbrackets in one of the 4 states!!!!!!!!!!. last match i came behind after some 9ball breaks and flukes 1-3 before i could say, hi... but i then won 4 racks in a row to win 5-3 :cool:

so in 3 weeks, solly will be playing in the finals for the 2006 belgium open 9-ball championship, with the best of the best belgium players.

for those who read my 1000th post post, i guess i can take off one of my goals i wanted to achieve, just never thought id do it after only 1.5y of playing :D

solly powaaaaaaaaaaaa.

and: who will i dedicate this small victory too?
to Colin Colenso for helping me on my break. i potted 4 balls on some breaks!!, but its not a powerbreak, its at 50% but its ALL calculated and controled (exept the cb... im still learning that). thx 6pack man!! i own u this victory!!

ok honestly...... im SOOOOOO proud of myself :p
Hi Solly,
Congrats and thanks for the dedication!:D

You've the fighting and determined spirit that it takes to succeed.

Others should know that Solly has had several very good performances in recent months in competition. This is no one hit wonder, but a player with some great natural ability who is continuing to improve with his focus on learning the game.

Well done buddy....and looking to cash in on a six pack someday!;)

Colin

chilli66

the chilli is back!
Silver Member
Well done Solly!

You're doing well, mate. I think I may have to post a list of targets & start to knock them off, sure looks like it's working for you! Some tough playing conditions you made for yourself there, I remember when I used to do that. I'm too darn old now!!

Good luck in December!

As an aside, Linda, I love your current avatar. That has to be the guiltiest looking dog I have ever seen! Cracks me up.

rackmsuckr

Linda Carter - The QUEEN!
Silver Member
chilli66 said:
Well done Solly!

You're doing well, mate. I think I may have to post a list of targets & start to knock them off, sure looks like it's working for you! Some tough playing conditions you made for yourself there, I remember when I used to do that. I'm too darn old now!!

Good luck in December!

As an aside, Linda, I love your current avatar. That has to be the guiltiest looking dog I have ever seen! Cracks me up.

I know, don't you expect to see a puddle on the carpet? Anyway, that's how I feel posting the Lamar thread. At least it lets people remember him.

Solly, so as not to hijack your thread, I dedicated this quickie song to you: (Sing to the tune of Good Golly Miss Molly.) :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtiRtlb81Hk

Good golly it's Solly, sure can make a ball.
Good golly it's Solly, sure he is a doll.
When youre pottin' and a rollin' can't hear your Colin call.

From the early, early mornin' till the early, early night
You can see it's Solly rockin with his J&J, damn it's sure a sight.
When youre pottin' and a rollin' can't hear your Queenie call.

Well, now Linda, Colin told me: son, you better watch your step.
If I knew how to break, I could run a 6-pack myself.
When youre pottin' and a rollin' can't hear John Schmidt call.

I am going to Belgium Champs, gonna have a little drink.
Gonna stay up late and kick some a--. and make sure that I don't stink!

Good golly it's Solly, sure he is a doll.

Last edited:

Solartje

the Brunswick BUG bit me
Silver Member
colin :) you are welcome m8, and those 2!! because i still own u two!! 6 packs, im sure we can cash them one day. like i said and posted, participating in a eurotour is also a dream, we just have to match our days.

mjanti, :) thx alot m8.

chilli, im getting close to 30 and trust me, its not doing me any good all this non sleeping. :) not something i would advice anyone.

the queen: ive got to find this song first :) i dont know it , but i will soon. this is actually one of the nicest things someone has done for me :D i feel honoured. :p

Solartje

the Brunswick BUG bit me
Silver Member
hehehe I KNOW this song actually :) hihi

i LOVE IT. reminds me of my theme song on my website. :)
about the dancing, incredible rofl, they look like if they have altzheimer :D shaking with there heads uncontrolable

thx ALOT my queen!!!!!!!
Couldnt have wished for a better present! its a honour :D

WOhooooooooo solly's got his own song!!!