Billiards Digest Disassociates Themselves From The ITP

Eydie Romano

Finally Retired!
Silver Member
IPT advertising now pulled from Billiards Digest Web Site...

Well, it looks like BD has elected NOT to associate themselves with the IPT anymore. This speaks volumes people, when BD pulls ad's, it's a done deal..

T

Timberly

The media, esp magazines geared towards a certain thing such as pool or fashion or whatnot can usually find themselves in a tough spot with these situations. People expect them to act more like a newspaper and report news... I can appreciate people wanting that but you have to realize the position the magazines are in.

We all know there's not a lot of money in pool and that goes for the magazines too.... there's only so many companies in the pool world that can and/or do buy advertising which is what helps keep the magazine afloat.

Enter the IPT... Arguably the biggest buzz to ever hit pool. Of course the pool media wanted in on it however they could. When the IPT self destructed, the media were put in a tough spot.

Sadly, the IPT has been as bad to the media as they have the players. Some have not been paid, others have not been paid in full, and to top it off, I just learned that they were asking/demanding discounts on their advertisements. Gotta love it... they get a discount (from some) and they still jipped 'em out of what they owed them. :rolleyes:

I think BD gave them more than enough time to come clean and be honest about things and since they haven't... good for BD for saying "no".

T

Timberly

jimmy-leggs said:
im glad o.j. got punted as well.
That was a bright spot in the news during my morning commute to work. I'm guessing whoever approved the idea was demoted or fired. What an asinine thing to think of doing!

AuntyDan

/* Insert skill here */
Silver Member
Eydie Romano said:

Well, it looks like BD has elected NOT to associate themselves with the IPT anymore. This speaks volumes people, when BD pulls ad's, it's a done deal..

Are you sure they have been "pulled", meaning that BD management made a conscious decision to not take their advertising even though the IPT still wanted to place them and were paying for them. If so I would applaud them for this, especially if they publicly acknowledge this in the magazine itself.

However it might be that the IPT just stopped paying for the advertising. This could be due to budget constraints, or perhaps they didn't like the negative interview with KT that BD published. Or even just maybe because both the CCB* and our dear own AZB (Owned by BD of course) has been full of all us NS** SCF's*** critiquing all their wonderful announcements.

*CCB - Cue Chalk Board
**NS - Naysaying
***SCF - So Called Fans

T

Timberly

Eydie and I have not discussed this so I don't know any of the details on this deal with BD or even if she does (not that she would tell me if she did. She doesn't always divulge to me). I do know that there are some media outlets out there that have not been paid.... and this started BEFORE Reno.... maybe BD was one of those not getting paid and said screw it... maybe they were getting paid but said screw it anyway... Unless Eydie or someone else knows, I guess we'll just have to wonder.... It would be nice if BD would post a release chronicling their reason(s).

cueball1950

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
AuntyDan said:
Are you sure they have been "pulled", meaning that BD management made a conscious decision to not take their advertising even though the IPT still wanted to place them and were paying for them. If so I would applaud them for this, especially if they publicly acknowledge this in the magazine itself.

However it might be that the IPT just stopped paying for the advertising. This could be due to budget constraints, or perhaps they didn't like the negative interview with KT that BD published. Or even just maybe because both the CCB* and our dear own AZB (Owned by BD of course) has been full of all us NS** SCF's*** critiquing all their wonderful announcements.

*CCB - Cue Chalk Board
**NS - Naysaying
***SCF - So Called Fans

Aunty Dan:
I am confused. Did i miss something?....since when is azb owned by billiards digest. When did they buy it? I know that Mike Howerton from az is moderator over there. but i thought Mike Howerton owned az? So someone please let me know..............................mike

macguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Eydie Romano said:

Has BD announced they will no longer accept advertising from the IPT or have they just stopped advertising? There is a big difference.

azhousepro

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Once again, a case of someone hearing something and assuming that it is true without thinking for the briefest moment about what they are typing.

I maintain the websites for Luby Publishing. Luby owns a number of billiards and bowling magazines including Billiards Digest. I am paid by them to maintain their sites. I do not have any editorial control and only post on their sites what I am told to post.

I personally own AzBilliards. So since Luby pays me to do work for them and I own AzBilliards, then I guess that must mean that Luby owns AzBilliards. With that logic, the non billiards sites that I maintain for a living must also own AzBilliards.

Come to think of it, I maintain Jeanette's website. So she owns AzBilliards too. And my partner in the website maintains sites for Johnny, Kim Shaw and Tiffany Nelson. So they all own AzBilliards too.

It just kills me when someone assumes something is fact without ever spending any time checking on what they are talking about.

Mike

AuntyDan said:
Or even just maybe because both the CCB* and our dear own AZB (Owned by BD of course) has been full of all us NS** SCF's*** critiquing all their wonderful announcements.

rackemfr9ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
dont say what ya dont know...

Chuckled when I read the original post, and was wondering how long it would take for this reply. lol A shame that you have to spell it all out tho- :rolleyes:

cueball1950

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
AzHousePro said:
Once again, a case of someone hearing something and assuming that it is true without thinking for the briefest moment about what they are typing.

I maintain the websites for Luby Publishing. Luby owns a number of billiards and bowling magazines including Billiards Digest. I am paid by them to maintain their sites. I do not have any editorial control and only post on their sites what I am told to post.

I personally own AzBilliards. So since Luby pays me to do work for them and I own AzBilliards, then I guess that must mean that Luby owns AzBilliards. With that logic, the non billiards sites that I maintain for a living must also own AzBilliards.

Come to think of it, I maintain Jeanette's website. So she owns AzBilliards too. And my partner in the website maintains sites for Johnny, Kim Shaw and Tiffany Nelson. So they all own AzBilliards too.

It just kills me when someone assumes something is fact without ever spending any time checking on what they are talking about.

Mike

Mike....Thanks big guy for setting the story straight. I thought i had it straight. Thought i might have missed something..... tell the girlfriend i said hi and have a good turkey day........................mike

!Smorgass Bored

Hump ? What HUMP ?
Gold Member
Using The 'N' Word

cueball1950 said:
..... tell the girlfriend I said hi and have a good turkey day........................mike

This leaves the door open for a host of leg, thigh and breast jokes, not to mention 'white meat'.... I might even use the 'N' word. Yes, I think I will use it.... NECK, there I said it and I'm not sorry. Turkey Necks and gravy, I love 'em.
Doug
( now, where's my punkin pie )

Holly

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Hiya Cueball

Hey big guy how are you doing? Send me a PM...and if we don't have a chance to talk in the next couple days, Happy Thanksgiving :)
Holly

AuntyDan

/* Insert skill here */
Silver Member
AzHousePro said:

My sincere apologies both to Mike and any one else I may have confused. After searching back to when I had first seen this discussed over a year ago I now understand my mistake.

It was not a case of me hearing anything second hand or typing without thinking, which I am rarely wont to do. I had simple mis-intepreted some information from this old thread in which you'd personally discussed your role on both BD and here. I guess looking back at this I never quite got the concept that AZB is your personally owned site.

Thank you for all your hard work here Mike. (I'm sure you don't get to hear this nearly often enough.)

corvette1340

www.EpawnMarket.com
Silver Member
AzHousePro said:

Mike

Are you interested in selling AZ?

corvette1340 said:
Are you interested in selling AZ?

And you ask that on a public message board? Not in a pm?

Anyway Mike, thanks for all you do here, great site, people, and information.

I have come to find recently how difficult your job here is, but you've made your own bed........:p Happy holiday's to all!!!!

rg

Eydie Romano

Finally Retired!
Silver Member
AuntyDan said:

To answer your question:

YES, I am sure that they pulled the ad's on their own accord. Not due to lack of payment. Now all we have to do is get AZB to follow in their footsteps by pulling the ad's here as well.

The IPT has been good at payments to the media, especially to ones that brown nose them, and because they understand that is how they (the IPT) can survive.

Yes Timberly, you are correct with your info I can verify that they have stiffed some little publications. They have discounted their already low discounted rates, and giving themselves additional savings by writing "discounted" in the memo section of the check they submitted to the publication.

Shame on you IPT, that stinks! Just stiff the little guy!

Leave all the ad's to Inside Pool, their magazine has been dead for years now, since they stiffed their readers on subscriptions and advertisers on vital ad space that needed to be out in a timely fashion and wasn't. Besides, no one reads their forums anyway's..:rolleyes: I hear that they are giving away a dart along with the magazine, for use to throw at that edition which featured Deno's mug on it.

corvette1340

www.EpawnMarket.com
Silver Member
NYC cue dude said:
And you ask that on a public message board? Not in a pm?

Anyway Mike, thanks for all you do here, great site, people, and information.

I have come to find recently how difficult your job here is, but you've made your own bed........:p Happy holiday's to all!!!!

rg

Why does it matter if I send him a PM or not? I simply hit the reply button. Why are you even concerned?

rackemfr9ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Whaaaa?

Eydie Romano said:
I hear that they are giving away a dart along with the magazine, for use to throw at that edition which featured Deno's mug on it.

You mean to tell me they jipped me of my Dart?!?! :mad:
My cue was suffice, bent the pin though.