Billiards Digest Disassociates Themselves From The ITP

corvette1340 said:
Why does it matter if I send him a PM or not? I simply hit the reply button. Why are you even concerned?

I am concerned because i had to read it.

Why does it matter, you will see by his reply. He either won't, or it will probably be answered without sincerity because of the way it was asked.

We'll see.

rg
 
Isn't this the same magazine that called KT "Man of the Year", & had him on their cover once or twice? ;)
 
mrpool06 said:
Isn't this the same magazine that called KT "Man of the Year", & had him on their cover once or twice? ;)


Well, everybody makes mistakes at least once or twice in their lifetime....mike
 
Uncalled for....

Eydie Romano said:
Leave all the ad's to Inside Pool, their magazine has been dead for years now, since they stiffed their readers on subscriptions and advertisers on vital ad space that needed to be out in a timely fashion and wasn't. Besides, no one reads their forums anyway's..:rolleyes: I hear that they are giving away a dart along with the magazine, for use to throw at that edition which featured Deno's mug on it.

I live overseas and have been receiving my subscription since 2004 when I subscribed at the US Open. I like their magazine over the other 2 (Pool and Billiards, Billiards Digest).

Does any of the other magazines put out the info on a timely fashion? No, I don't think so.

About their forum. There were 2 forums already established (BD and this one) so it is possible the same people didn't want to be rolling all over the internet to participate on the same subjects. In addition, many billiards sites have forums (not as successful as this one) and you're not attacking them. So what's your beef with Inside Pool?

The "dart" thing with the magazine, was a joke JR pull-off at the U.S. Open when he had a zillion copies of the Deno Andrews Interview. I guess he was right on the target with the commentary.

Your comments are uncalled for. Inside Pool gets my vote. There, I feel better now.
 
  • Like
Reactions: JAM
juegabillar said:
I live overseas and have been receiving my subscription since 2004 when I subscribed at the US Open. I like their magazine over the other 2 (Pool and Billiards, Billiards Digest).

Does any of the other magazines put out the info on a timely fashion? No, I don't think so.

About their forum. There were 2 forums already established (BD and this one) so it is possible the same people didn't want to be rolling all over the internet to participate on the same subjects. In addition, many billiards sites have forums (not as successful as this one) and you're not attacking them. So what's your beef with Inside Pool?

The "dart" thing with the magazine, was a joke JR pull-off at the U.S. Open when he had a zillion copies of the Deno Andrews Interview. I guess he was right on the target with the commentary.

Your comments are uncalled for. Inside Pool gets my vote. There, I feel better now.

Actually I would love to answer your question on what the beef is, but that is for another thread at another time.

Regarding being put out in a timely fashion, BD is always there and always has been. IP can't say that, sorry just the truth as it is.

Until then, and to keep on the subject here, I will PM you all the info you need to understand "The Beef" or the truth as it happens to be!
 
There is some symbolic significance here. As the strongest pillar of the billards press, the actions of Billiards Digest must be taken seriously.

Severing ties with the IPT can only be construed as evidencing that Billiards Digest no longer views the IPT a s a legitimate business concern in our sport.

Is Billiards Digest, metaphorically speaking, the coroner pronouncing the IPT dead? At very least, one must concede that this interpretation would not be unreasonable.

We shall see.
 
Last edited:
sjm said:
There is some symbolic significance here. As the strongest pillar of the billards press, the actions of Billiards Digest must be taken seriously.

Severing ties with the IPT can only be construed as evidencing that Billiards Digest no longer views the IPT a s a legitimate business concern in our sport.

Is Billiards Digest, metaphorically speaking, the coroner pronouncing the IPT dead? At very least, one must concede that this interpretation would not be unreasonable.

We shall see.

I feel it to be a very reasonable interpretation. BD is probably one of the many victims here who also jumped through Hoops for the IPT. At some point they would be forced to cut their losses go on about business. BD probably could have said much more, but I doubt they want to resort to those tactics.

IMO, the one who could really speak loudly and put things in a REAL perspective is Diamond Products. If the IPT were to announce a schedule {which I doubt ever happens} would Diamond still want to be a part of it.
 
I don't have a definitive answer for you on this, and can't get one till Monday, but I can tell you that we'd be far more likely to pull his ad for non-payment than to make any kind of "statement". Personally, I think what KT is doing is monstrous, but he does seem to have a decent working relationship with our publisher including his latest Q & A. The "dis-association" you speak of is not our way of doing business, certainly not without all the facts - and nobody but KT seems to have the facts. (I have heard that he owes another publication six months' worth of payments, but I didn't post to stoke the rumor mill even further.) George Fels
 
welcome to the board George.

Things have changed since we last spoke on the phone a few weeks ago. It went very quickly from BD being on the fence, to a major industry catalyst in calling out the ipt.

I think perhaps my conversation with Mike hit a nerve.

Be well my friend,
Randy Goldwater
 
Welcome George

George F -

As you have watched the board for at least three weeks, probably longer, you know that we are part dumb, part smart, part poet, part interloper, and part rude. But to a man (and woman), all here are interested in pool and the IPT problem.

Thanks for the post! And the info. :)

RL
 
George Fels said:
I don't have a definitive answer for you on this, and can't get one till Monday, but I can tell you that we'd be far more likely to pull his ad for non-payment than to make any kind of "statement". Personally, I think what KT is doing is monstrous, but he does seem to have a decent working relationship with our publisher including his latest Q & A. The "dis-association" you speak of is not our way of doing business, certainly not without all the facts - and nobody but KT seems to have the facts. (I have heard that he owes another publication six months' worth of payments, but I didn't post to stoke the rumor mill even further.) George Fels


Welcome George!

Glad to see you here, and hope you will continue to share your thoughts!

Just for the record, the info I got in this thread was directly from a BD employee..

The IPT has kept their payments late but made them to most publications. There have been a few smaller publications that have just now gotten paid, with deductions done by the IPT. This was disgraceful on their part to make a check out to a publication, and then in the memo section say "Discounted".

Eydie
 
Eydie Romano said:
Welcome George!

Glad to see you here, and hope you will continue to share your thoughts!

Just for the record, the info I got in this thread was directly from a BD employee..

The IPT has kept their payments late but made them to most publications. There have been a few smaller publications that have just now gotten paid, with deductions done by the IPT. This was disgraceful on their part to make a check out to a publication, and then in the memo section say "Discounted".

Eydie

Whomever you spoke to at the Digest, Eydie, the decision to pull the IPT ad would have come from management. And when I asked management why the ad was pulled, I was told it was for non-payment, as I expected.

Good luck with your Windy City Open. Best regards, GF
 
George Fels said:
I asked management why the ad was pulled, I was told it was for non-payment, as I expected.
Definitely not a surprise but still a shame.

Between not paying the players, not paying the media, charging people $2000 for qualifiers, and getting people to sign up for the website, they've managed to screw everyone in the billiard community. Players, vendors, media, and the fans.

Since MS wanted all the praise for bringing KT into the pool world, shouldn't he also take some flak for it too? Thanks Mike, you did the whole pool world a huge favor. :rolleyes: It doesn't matter how well you dress something up or how much money you put in it's pocket, some people simply can't better themselves as a human. MS & KT deserve each other.
 
Timberly said:
Definitely not a surprise but still a shame.

Between not paying the players, not paying the media, charging people $2000 for qualifiers, and getting people to sign up for the website, they've managed to screw everyone in the billiard community. Players, vendors, media, and the fans.

Since MS wanted all the praise for bringing KT into the pool world, shouldn't he also take some flak for it too? Thanks Mike, you did the whole pool world a huge favor. :rolleyes: It doesn't matter how well you dress something up or how much money you put in it's pocket, some people simply can't better themselves as a human. MS & KT deserve each other.

In a small defense of Mike Sigel, I doubt he ever thought there was a chance players would not get paid. I am sure he, like everyone else with a brain in their heads, thought the tour had zilch chance of succeeding but would just fold, not stiff everyone. KT said in the beginning, if it all went bad then they would just lose money and it would have been a party for a while.

Even I believed that, he has a history of pissing away money irrationally so why not. He is an egotistical idiot who found a bunch of poor down-and-outs in the form of the pool players, who he could easily impress and get to worship him. Something he obviously loved and they didn't let him down, you read a lot of it here. I was very surprised though when he didn't pay.
 
Timberly said:
Definitely not a surprise but still a shame.

Between not paying the players, not paying the media, charging people $2000 for qualifiers, and getting people to sign up for the website, they've managed to screw everyone in the billiard community. Players, vendors, media, and the fans.

Since MS wanted all the praise for bringing KT into the pool world, shouldn't he also take some flak for it too? Thanks Mike, you did the whole pool world a huge favor. :rolleyes: It doesn't matter how well you dress something up or how much money you put in it's pocket, some people simply can't better themselves as a human. MS & KT deserve each other.

It really is a shame as many were hurt and in many different ways. They still hurt.
As Timberly suggests, there is a long trail of victims and it will take a while for all this to go away. Some players have not resurfaced yet and some have no intentions.
It seems that MS would have come forward in some way or another in support of the players. He did endorse the whole IPT and KT and was basicly given a free pass to reap the REAL money. Then again, what could he say that would ease any of the pain? His credibility with the pool world was bought and sold.
It is my hope that anyone from outside the pool world offering wealth and fame will be placed under a microscope next time. In light of what has happened, and if they are legitimate, they will expect it and be anxious to prove their legitimacy.
It seems ironic to me though that for months, most, were begging MS to shut up and now he can't be found. Finally at a loss for words.
 
Back
Top