Reload this Page Mezz Or Pechauer
Page 1 of 5 1 23 Last »

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Mezz Or Pechauer
Old
  (#1)
DrCue'sProtege
AzB Silver Member
DrCue'sProtege has a reputation beyond reputeDrCue'sProtege has a reputation beyond reputeDrCue'sProtege has a reputation beyond reputeDrCue'sProtege has a reputation beyond reputeDrCue'sProtege has a reputation beyond reputeDrCue'sProtege has a reputation beyond reputeDrCue'sProtege has a reputation beyond reputeDrCue'sProtege has a reputation beyond reputeDrCue'sProtege has a reputation beyond reputeDrCue'sProtege has a reputation beyond reputeDrCue'sProtege has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

Mezz Or Pechauer - 12-08-2018, 09:22 PM

Just wondering what everyone's thoughts might be regarding these two brands of cues?

I'm torn between the two cues below. Sort of my Christmas present to myself. Never had a Mezz but I did have a Pechauer 10-12 years ago and sold it. Not sure why either.

https://www.seyberts.com/mezz-ec7p2-pool-cue

https://www.seyberts.com/pechauer-custom-cues-p16h

Need to decide in the next day or two if I want delivery by the holiday.

r/DCP

Playing Cue: Chad Carter Custom
Break Cue: Schon butt/Chad Carter shaft
Table: Gold Crown IV
Cloth: Simonis 860 English Green

Mezz Cue
Old
  (#2)
Tiddler
AzB Silver Haired Member
Tiddler has a reputation beyond reputeTiddler has a reputation beyond reputeTiddler has a reputation beyond reputeTiddler has a reputation beyond reputeTiddler has a reputation beyond reputeTiddler has a reputation beyond reputeTiddler has a reputation beyond reputeTiddler has a reputation beyond reputeTiddler has a reputation beyond reputeTiddler has a reputation beyond reputeTiddler has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 750

Mezz Cue - 12-08-2018, 09:29 PM

Personally, I'd go with the Mezz, but be aware the shaft that comes with it is low deflection.

"Say what you will about Trump, he is not stupid. He is a smart man with a deep understanding of what stupid people want." Andy Borowitz

"In order to make a man or a boy covet a thing, it is only necessary to make the thing difficult to obtain." Mark Twain

Old
  (#3)
I Got Lucky
AzB Silver Member
I Got Lucky has a reputation beyond reputeI Got Lucky has a reputation beyond reputeI Got Lucky has a reputation beyond reputeI Got Lucky has a reputation beyond reputeI Got Lucky has a reputation beyond reputeI Got Lucky has a reputation beyond reputeI Got Lucky has a reputation beyond reputeI Got Lucky has a reputation beyond reputeI Got Lucky has a reputation beyond reputeI Got Lucky has a reputation beyond reputeI Got Lucky has a reputation beyond repute

12-08-2018, 09:37 PM

http://mezzcues.us/shop/index.php?ma...ningkoda9m4k30

Efren..."I got lucky"..............

Me...."I got lucky too". From running away to running out on The Magician....

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2BIIl5...ture=youtu.be#

Old
  (#4)
jokrswylde
AzB Silver Member
jokrswylde has a reputation beyond reputejokrswylde has a reputation beyond reputejokrswylde has a reputation beyond reputejokrswylde has a reputation beyond reputejokrswylde has a reputation beyond reputejokrswylde has a reputation beyond reputejokrswylde has a reputation beyond reputejokrswylde has a reputation beyond reputejokrswylde has a reputation beyond reputejokrswylde has a reputation beyond reputejokrswylde has a reputation beyond repute

12-08-2018, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrCue'sProtege View Post
Just wondering what everyone's thoughts might be regarding these two brands of cues?

I'm torn between the two cues below. Sort of my Christmas present to myself. Never had a Mezz but I did have a Pechauer 10-12 years ago and sold it. Not sure why either.

r/DCP
I had exactly the same question a couple years ago. I played with both for a couple weeks. In the end, the deciding factor between these two world class cues for me, was that pechauer is a small American company. I have since bought 4 other pechauer s, and have had multiple conversations with the guys in the shop. They always reply to my questions quickly and courteously. You can't go wrong with either, but for me, I made the right choice.

Old
  (#5)
ChrisinNC
AzB Silver Member
ChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond repute

12-08-2018, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrCue'sProtege View Post

r/DCP
I'm a dealer of both, and I played with Pechauer cues for the past 20+ years, although most of that was a Pechauer butt paired with various low deflection Predator shafts. Within the past year I have switched to Mezz cues and shafts, and I'm very happy with them. The quality of Mezz cues is unmatched for production cues, and the various shaft offerings are impressive. I've only had and preferred the simpler model Mezz cues - the EC7 series and the MSP series - both of which come with the United joint. Some of their cues come with what they call a wavy joint, and I've heard they hit great as well. The EXPro shaft is what I'm using and is the best Mezz shaft in my opinion, but does not come standard on any of the Mezz cues and is a considerable $$ upgrade. Most of the Mezz cues come standard with their 12.5mm WX700 low deflection shaft, which in my opinion deflects just a little bit more than most Predator shafts, but has a whole more solid hit and better feel to it than any Predator shaft.

I assure you, you can't go wrong with any Mezz cue, although Pechauer makes a great cue as well, and is willing to customize your special needs and requests far more than Mezz is able to do.

Last edited by ChrisinNC; 12-08-2018 at 09:47 PM. Reason: edit

Old
  (#6)
GoldCrown
Be Creative...play 1P
GoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond repute

12-08-2018, 09:41 PM

Canít go wrong with either. Iím a Pech fan. Flip a coin.

Favorite Game...Pocket a Piece
Instructional source: "One Pocket...A Game of Controlled Aggression" by Tom Wirth. This book is a players best friend.
1P Instructor: Tom Wirth
Stroke Instructor: Scott Lee

I need more cues like a snail needs airbrakes

Old
  (#7)
HawaiianEye
AzB Silver Member
HawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond repute

12-08-2018, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisinNC View Post
I'm a dealer of both, and I played with Pechauer cues for the past 20+ years, although most of that was a Pechauer butt paired with various low deflection Predator shafts. Within the past year I have switched to Mezz cues and shafts, and I'm very happy with them. The quality of Mezz cues is unmatched for production cues, and the various shaft offerings are impressive. I've only had and preferred the simpler model Mezz cues - the EC7 series and the MSP series - both of which come with the United joint. Some of their cues come with what they call a wavy joint, and I've heard they hit great as well. The EXPro shaft is what I'm using and is the best Mezz shaft in my opinion, but does not come standard on any of the Mezz cues and is a considerable $$ upgrade. Most of the Mezz cues come standard with their 12.5mm WX700 shaft, which deflects a little bit more than most Predator shafts, but has a whole more solid and better feel to it than any Predator shaft.

I assure you, you can't go wrong with any Mezz cue, although Pechauer makes a great cue as well, and is willing to customize your special needs and requests far more than Mezz is able to do.
I have hit with a few Mezz cues and they have always impressed me, with both their play and quality.

The only two Mezz shafts I've played with are the 700 and the 900 and I prefer the 700.

Old
  (#8)
Floydbeth
AzB Bronze Member
Floydbeth has a reputation beyond reputeFloydbeth has a reputation beyond reputeFloydbeth has a reputation beyond reputeFloydbeth has a reputation beyond reputeFloydbeth has a reputation beyond reputeFloydbeth has a reputation beyond reputeFloydbeth has a reputation beyond reputeFloydbeth has a reputation beyond reputeFloydbeth has a reputation beyond reputeFloydbeth has a reputation beyond reputeFloydbeth has a reputation beyond repute

12-08-2018, 10:01 PM

I'm a mezz user but the pechauer looks nicer. I like how it looks traditional and comes with nice hard maple shaft ,forget about the ld shafts they feel hollow to me. Recommend get extra shaft and be done with it.

Old
  (#9)
u12armresl
One Pocket back cutter
u12armresl has a reputation beyond reputeu12armresl has a reputation beyond reputeu12armresl has a reputation beyond reputeu12armresl has a reputation beyond reputeu12armresl has a reputation beyond reputeu12armresl has a reputation beyond reputeu12armresl has a reputation beyond reputeu12armresl has a reputation beyond reputeu12armresl has a reputation beyond reputeu12armresl has a reputation beyond reputeu12armresl has a reputation beyond repute

12-08-2018, 10:08 PM

What color are you going to get?

Old
  (#10)
DrCue'sProtege
AzB Silver Member
DrCue'sProtege has a reputation beyond reputeDrCue'sProtege has a reputation beyond reputeDrCue'sProtege has a reputation beyond reputeDrCue'sProtege has a reputation beyond reputeDrCue'sProtege has a reputation beyond reputeDrCue'sProtege has a reputation beyond reputeDrCue'sProtege has a reputation beyond reputeDrCue'sProtege has a reputation beyond reputeDrCue'sProtege has a reputation beyond reputeDrCue'sProtege has a reputation beyond reputeDrCue'sProtege has a reputation beyond repute

12-09-2018, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiddler View Post
Personally, I'd go with the Mezz, but be aware the shaft that comes with it is low deflection.
Does Mezz have a shaft option that is NOT a LD shaft? I don't really like the LD shafts, would prefer a standard shaft.

Playing Cue: Chad Carter Custom
Break Cue: Schon butt/Chad Carter shaft
Table: Gold Crown IV
Cloth: Simonis 860 English Green

Old
  (#11)
Nine ... corner
A student of human moves~
Nine ... corner has a reputation beyond reputeNine ... corner has a reputation beyond reputeNine ... corner has a reputation beyond reputeNine ... corner has a reputation beyond reputeNine ... corner has a reputation beyond reputeNine ... corner has a reputation beyond reputeNine ... corner has a reputation beyond reputeNine ... corner has a reputation beyond reputeNine ... corner has a reputation beyond reputeNine ... corner has a reputation beyond reputeNine ... corner has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

12-09-2018, 09:26 AM

FWIW, I just got a Pechauer P-16 and absolutely love it. Great looking and great hitting.

"I'm shootin' pool Fats, when I miss you can shoot."

Old
  (#12)
cuesblues
cue accumulator

cuesblues has a reputation beyond reputecuesblues has a reputation beyond reputecuesblues has a reputation beyond reputecuesblues has a reputation beyond reputecuesblues has a reputation beyond reputecuesblues has a reputation beyond reputecuesblues has a reputation beyond reputecuesblues has a reputation beyond reputecuesblues has a reputation beyond reputecuesblues has a reputation beyond reputecuesblues has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2900

12-09-2018, 09:41 AM

I've never had any of the newer Pechauer stuff, but the 4 older ones I've had from the late 90's to about 2007 I wouldn't recommend to anyone.
A couple of those Pechauer cues are famously made fun of around the players I know in Denver who deal with cues all the time.
Other than a couple guys here on AZ, I have never heard of anyone who likes the way they play, even guys who own several.

There are so many people who love Mezz I would lean in that direction.
I have a Mezz cue on the way with 2 WX-900 shafts so we will see, but from the people I talk to and deal with it's not a tough choice.

player..Pat Diveney, Joel Hercek, Larry Vigus
player..Gus & Barry Szamboti, South West
player..Schon, Jensen, Terry McFadden
player..Murray Tucker, Nat Green, Brent Summers
player...Richard Black, Paul Drexler, Woodworth
player...Dave Jones, Predator, Loveland Customs
breaker.Judd Fuller
jumper..Jacoby Jumper
shooter..Sig Sauer P226 357
cutter.....Spyderco Massad Ayoob

Old
  (#13)
ChrisinNC
AzB Silver Member
ChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond repute

12-09-2018, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuesblues View Post
I've never had any of the newer Pechauer stuff, but the 4 older ones I've had from the late 90's to about 2007 I wouldn't recommend to anyone.
A couple of those Pechauer cues are famously made fun of around the players I know in Denver who deal with cues all the time.
Other than a couple guys here on AZ, I have never heard of anyone who likes the way they play, even guys who own several.

There are so many people who love Mezz I would lean in that direction.
I have a Mezz cue on the way with 2 WX-900 shafts so we will see, but from the people I talk to and deal with it's not a tough choice.
You'd better be a strong player to handle that WX900 shaft. Yes, there is very minimal deflection, but much like a Predator Z shaft, the shaft/tip is so small, it makes it harder to hit true center ball when you're trying to, and in my opinion it makes it harder to figure out how to compensate for deflection, since there are so many different degrees of spin you can choose to get on the ball due to the small shaft/tip. I tried one for a while, but then switched back to my Mezz EXPro shaft, which deflects just slightly more, but for myself, I find it more accurate to play with when using spin or no spin.

Mezz Cue
Old
  (#14)
Tiddler
AzB Silver Haired Member
Tiddler has a reputation beyond reputeTiddler has a reputation beyond reputeTiddler has a reputation beyond reputeTiddler has a reputation beyond reputeTiddler has a reputation beyond reputeTiddler has a reputation beyond reputeTiddler has a reputation beyond reputeTiddler has a reputation beyond reputeTiddler has a reputation beyond reputeTiddler has a reputation beyond reputeTiddler has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 750

Mezz Cue - 12-09-2018, 12:05 PM

Yes they do make a standard hard maple shaft. They list for $235.00 while the wx700 lists for $265.00 so you could save $30.00 with the switch. I've got a used hard maple Mezz shaft I'd part with for $150 shipped and insured if that helps.

"Say what you will about Trump, he is not stupid. He is a smart man with a deep understanding of what stupid people want." Andy Borowitz

"In order to make a man or a boy covet a thing, it is only necessary to make the thing difficult to obtain." Mark Twain

Old
  (#15)
THam
AzB Silver Member
THam is on a distinguished road

12-09-2018, 01:33 PM

I've been trying to decide on one myself, based on what I've read I'd go Mezz.

Page 1 of 5 1 23 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: