"Bill & Billie's Cuesport" (Maryland) is no more!

inside_english

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bill & Billie's of Arnold, MD has been closed permanently as of yesterday morning.

Former Address: 1244 Ritchie Hwy # 4, Arnold, MD 21012

Those of you that were involved in the 14.1 league and select 9-ball tournaments will probably be receiving messages from your respective tournament directors and promoters.

selftaut

straight pool nut
Silver Member
This is sad news. I was never able to make it down there to any of the tournaments but I know the owner was a long time supporter of 14.1. My hat is off to him for all the support and wish him the best in the future.

axejunkie

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That sucks. I lived in Annapolis for a few months last year and enjoyed playing there. No loud music, tons of tables, no drinking. It had a good crowd whenever I was there.

Williebetmore

Member, .25% Club
Silver Member
Are you guys really certain about this????

I just received a card in the mail inviting me to a straight pool tournament there later this year (November I believe); seems like a waste of mailing if they are truly closed.

9balllvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Williebetmore said:
Are you guys really certain about this????

I just received a card in the mail inviting me to a straight pool tournament there later this year (November I believe); seems like a waste of mailing if they are truly closed.

the JPNEWT event that was scheduled for this weekend was moved to another room (Champions in Frederick, MD) because Bill/Billies closed yesterday. i have no details, nor will i speculate. just very happy that we will still have an event and hope the best for the owner of Bill/Billies - love the room.

inside_english

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It is not a mistake. The person that sent out that mailer is the one that told me about the closing. He was actually there when it happened, and yes, it was sudden and highly unpleasant. He now has to back track and contact everyone again to give the bad news.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I rec'd an email that indicates the closing may not be permanent. Hope they come back up soon.