My Garage....

poolhustler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have mentioned many times that I have been fixing up the garage to put a table in. Here are a few pics of the progress. I have a few more things to do, but it is ready for the table. It will be set up by Ernesto when he gets back from the Open.

Before:

DSC04469.jpg

Cleaned out and framing repairs / new window started:

DSC05368.jpg

New ceiling joists, can lights, etc:

DSC05374.jpg

Insulation and drywall starts:

DSC05420.jpg

Drywall almost done, what a biatch!!

DSC05478.jpg

New window trimmed out:

DSC05492.jpg

Painting done, carpet going in:

DSC05596.jpg

DSC05635.jpg

DSC05638.jpg

DSC05631.jpg

I will post more pics when the table, custom cue holder and Corvette memoribilia goes in!!!!

Thanks,

Russ.......

poolhustler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sold the Vette to make room for a pool table!!!

Am I crazy or what??

I got the coupe because I needed the extra room for my daughters softball gear!! I did put Z06 suspension (springs, shocks, sway bars), rims, lowered it, etc. Here's a pic after that work:

DSC04426.jpg

I miss my Vette~!! :(

But I can't wait to hit some balls at my house whenever I want!!

:D

Russ.....

s'portplayer

Midnight Rambler
Silver Member
Dedication

Crazy, maybe a lil bit, but we won't hold it against ya. The billiards room will give you more enjoyment anyway.

Be sure to keep us posted on the rooom.

Do you have any pictures or memorabilia going up on the walls?

poolhustler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I do have some Vette/Muscle car stuff to put up. Not sure exactly how I am going to display the models yet. Don't want too much stuff on the walls, kinda an "un-cluttered" look, simplistic!!

I'll post some more pics after the table is up and running.

Russ...

nthamix

Judd cues
Silver Member
wow, great work. Is that a GC frame? Im first in line if you want to sell your safe...

B.

poolhustler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for the props !!

I never realized how much work just cleaning out the garage would be. It took me about a month or so just to go through everything.

I sold my car knowing full well that someday I will have another Vette!! The next one will be a Z06 though. I had a blast carving the local canyons in that car!!

The frame is for my table, a Gold Crown I that will go in soon.

Night all .....

Russ

ps - The safe is not for sale!! I traded that one for the huge one that I had in there previously and some cash. I don't shoot much anymore so I sold off most of my collection.

S

Snoogi

nthamix said:
wow, great work. Is that a GC frame? Im first in line if you want to sell your safe...

B.
That should be the best place to safe lock the custom cue..

Snapshot9

son of 3 leg 1 eye dog ..
Silver Member
Room

is shaping up nicely. Are you having it done or doing it yourself? I don't know if I could let go of the Vette though, that's a toughy!!! .... LOL

At least your car insurance probably dropped a bunch ...

nichollss

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Questions about your room.

Poolhustler, I would like to ask you some questions on your room.

First, compliments to you on your work.

Did you insulated garage door yourself or did you have it installed that away?

How do you control the climate? Did you tie into your existing unit that feeds your house?

Is that indoor/outdoor carpet?

Been thinking about doing mine the same exact way. The only problem with mine is that the master bedroom is right next to the garage and my wife can hear the balls breaking. This was when the table was assembled. I disassembled it when I got a new truck. But if you can sell a vette and convert your room I think I sell the truck or park it outside. :)

Thanks Ed

poolhustler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
nichollss said:
Poolhustler, I would like to ask you some questions on your room.

First, compliments to you on your work.

Did you insulated garage door yourself or did you have it installed that away?

How do you control the climate? Did you tie into your existing unit that feeds your house?

Is that indoor/outdoor carpet?

Been thinking about doing mine the same exact way. The only problem with mine is that the master bedroom is right next to the garage and my wife can hear the balls breaking. This was when the table was assembled. I disassembled it when I got a new truck. But if you can sell a vette and convert your room I think I sell the truck or park it outside. :)

Thanks Ed

Hi Ed,

I had a framer buddy help me with the joisting out the ceiling and I did the rest myself. The previous owner of the house cut out most of them for some insane reason. The electrical was farmed out. I don't do electrical much after setting my last house on fire!!! Long story, maybe another time!! I did all the insulation and drywall hanging myself. R-30 on the ceiling and R-19 for all the walls. Another buddy did all the floating and sanding of the drywall. I hate that portion and refuse to do it! I did all the window and door trim work and painted everything myself. The HVAC is tied to the house and was actually installed 8 years ago when I bought the house, planned ahead on that one! I am going to talk to a freind who does HVAC to see if I can get him to install a seperate controller for jsut the garage. The carpet is just cheap stuff from Lowe's, commercial Berber type with thin padding.

The nicest thing is that my house is a ranch stye and the master bedroom is on the opposite end. I will be able to play all night and not bother the wife!!

And we do park all of our cars outside. Not so bad for me, but my wife isn't happy about parking her new Beemer outside under the pine trees!!

I'll post up some more pics when its closer to being finished. Maybe 2-3 weeks.

Sorry so long winded,

Russ.....

Bigjohn

Support Our Troops!
Silver Member
poolhustler said:
Hi Ed,

I had a framer buddy help me with the joisting out the ceiling and I did the rest myself. The previous owner of the house cut out most of them for some insane reason. The electrical was farmed out. I don't do electrical much after setting my last house on fire!!! Long story, maybe another time!! I did all the insulation and drywall hanging myself. R-30 on the ceiling and R-19 for all the walls. Another buddy did all the floating and sanding of the drywall. I hate that portion and refuse to do it! I did all the window and door trim work and painted everything myself. The HVAC is tied to the house and was actually installed 8 years ago when I bought the house, planned ahead on that one! I am going to talk to a freind who does HVAC to see if I can get him to install a seperate controller for jsut the garage. The carpet is just cheap stuff from Lowe's, commercial Berber type with thin padding.

The nicest thing is that my house is a ranch stye and the master bedroom is on the opposite end. I will be able to play all night and not bother the wife!!

And we do park all of our cars outside. Not so bad for me, but my wife isn't happy about parking her new Beemer outside under the pine trees!!

I'll post up some more pics when its closer to being finished. Maybe 2-3 weeks.

Sorry so long winded,

Russ.....

Make SURE you have a return for that ac or it will look like a rain forest in there and everything will be ruined. NICE WORK !

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
poolhustler said:

Russ.....

Russ... Your wife sounds like a sweetie to give up her garage space. You might give her a small gift of one of those inexpensive tent covers, that people put over picnic tables, to park her car under. That way no sap gets on her BMW! Just a thought...:D

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com