Cool Photos

Bigtruck

Capt Diff Lock
Gold Member
Silver Member
If anyone hasn't seen Mike Haines & Bill Porter's Pool Photos you're missing a real treat.

CLICK HERE FOR MORE

Joe Salazar, Mike Massey, Leonard Bludworth, Billy Incardona & more

Attachments

• JoeSalazar2.jpg
    JoeSalazar2.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 836
Last edited:

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Bigtruck said:
If anyone hasn't seen Mike Haines & Bill Porter's Pool Photos you're missing a real treat.

CLICK HERE FOR MORE

Joe Salazar, Buddy Hall, Leonard Bludworth, Billy Incardona & more

That's Willie Elder (deceased) kneeling on the floor.

mullyman

Hung Like a Gnat!
Silver Member
That looks like a trick shot that Buddy is doing. Pop that 5 into the corner, draw back into the rail and then the heavy draw pulls it back to the 9 in the corner.

I was at a tournament in Cincinnati a few years back and everyone was trying to make that shot. I stepped up, did it the first time and haven't even come close since then. I've probably tried that shot a thousand times since then and I haven't been able to get the draw to take after the rail.
MULLY

JG-in-KY

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
mullyman said:
That looks like a trick shot that Buddy is doing. Pop that 5 into the corner, draw back into the rail and then the heavy draw pulls it back to the 9 in the corner.

I was at a tournament in Cincinnati a few years back and everyone was trying to make that shot. I stepped up, did it the first time and haven't even come close since then. I've probably tried that shot a thousand times since then and I haven't been able to get the draw to take after the rail.
MULLY
The shooter is actually the "Tennessee Tarzan" - Mike Massey. I agree, great photos!

mullyman

Hung Like a Gnat!
Silver Member
JG-in-KY said:
The shooter is actually the "Tennessee Tarzan" - Mike Massey. I agree, great photos!

Oh my God, it is Mike Massey. HAHA!! I saw that hair and immediately thought of Buddy.
MULLY
is that Billy Incardona over on the far right?

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Mike's shooting a stroke shot where you make the object ball and draw the cue ball back to the side rail, above the side pocket. With extreme low left english the cue ball will bounce slightly off the rail and then return to the rail below the side pocket, and then run down table along the rail until it makes the other object ball in the corner. Only players with very powerful strokes are capable of making this shot.

Last edited:

mullyman

Hung Like a Gnat!
Silver Member
jay helfert said:
Mike's shooting a stroke shot where you make the object ball and draw the cue ball back to the side rail, above the side pocket. With extreme low left english the cue ball will bounce slightly off the rail and then return to the rail below the side pocket, and then run down table along the rail until it makes the other object ball in the corner. Only players with very powerful strokes are capable of making this shot.

Read my post above. I made this shot the first time I tried it and haven't be able to pull it off ever since. That was 10 years ago.
MULLY

ironman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
jay helfert said:
That'Is tgats PLWillie Elder (deceased) kneeling on the floor.

Is that woman Geraldine Titcomb???? That woman could play, Best female player {except Jean} I ever saw.

Bigtruck

Capt Diff Lock
Gold Member
Silver Member
Richard Black in the center. Is that a young Johnny Archer on the right?

Ray

Attachments

• young Johnny A.jpg
    young Johnny A.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 600

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Bigtruck said:
Richard Black in the center. Is that a young Johnny Archer on the right?

Ray

That's not Johnny. Pretty sure that's Julie Hunter sitting down. The fat guy might be Gary Pinkowski.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
dabarbr said:
And is that Jersey Red standing behind him? Behind the post.

It does look like Red, but something isn't quite right. He would never be standing alone watching a game. He always had people to talk to. They naturally flocked to Red.

Also looks a lot like Dave Bollman sitting down (behind Mike's right arm) with the blonde hair. I can't be sure. You can only see half his face.

Bigtruck

Capt Diff Lock
Gold Member
Silver Member
Don't Miss it!

Bigtruck said:

CLICK HERE FOR MORE

Joe Salazar, Mike Massey, Leonard Bludworth, Billy Incardona & more

Don't miss the link to Bill's Albums. I could look at his pics for hours. It's interesting all the people you see in the background.

Ray